Shah Rukh Khan thread

bulbul

KT, The statement that you've quoted was in a press conference after the interview, which many people took offense to, without reading it in its entirety. The aim of the press conference was to clear misconceptions on the interview and to tell the Pakistani foreign minister that he and his family have never been threatened in India. Here is the excerpt: http://www.rediff.com/movies/report/i-was-forced-to-reiterate-my-patriotism-shah-rukh-khan/20130130.htm What exactly is your grouse?
SRK should stop making **** movies :--D

KT, The statement that you've quoted was in a press conference after the interview, which many people took offense to, without reading it in its entirety. The aim of the press conference was to clear misconceptions on the interview and to tell the Pakistani foreign minister that he and his family have never been threatened in India. Here is the excerpt: http://www.rediff.com/movies/report/i-was-forced-to-reiterate-my-patriotism-shah-rukh-khan/20130130.htm What exactly is your grouse?
This kind of rubbish sums it up, this is what he said Ū gave my son and daughter names that could pass for generic (pan-India and pan-religious) ones Aryan and Suhana. The Khan has been bequeathed by me so they canÃÕ really escape it. Ū pronounce it with my epiglottis when asked by Muslims and throw the Aryan as evidence of their race when non-Muslims enquire. I imagine this will prevent my offspring from receiving unwarranted eviction orders or random fatwas in the future, he wrote. WTf is this victim who@re going on about. Seriously such a presecution complex. The man is so powerful, loved and succesful cos of india. Yet makes out his kids may be under threat cos muslim hence did not give them muslim names.

This kind of rubbish sums it up, this is what he said Ū gave my son and daughter names that could pass for generic (pan-India and pan-religious) ones Aryan and Suhana. The Khan has been bequeathed by me so they canÃÕ really escape it. Ū pronounce it with my epiglottis when asked by Muslims and throw the Aryan as evidence of their race when non-Muslims enquire. I imagine this will prevent my offspring from receiving unwarranted eviction orders or random fatwas in the future, he wrote. WTf is this victim who@re going on about. Seriously such a presecution complex. The man is so powerful, loved and succesful cos of india. Yet makes out his kids may be under threat cos muslim hence did not give them muslim names.
What are you on about? More than any sense of persecution, it just brings forth SRK's stupidity in these matters. He explicitly mentioned, that he has never been threatened in India in his press conference. Haven't we already gone through the same discussion on the other thread? BTW: What would you say about the whole Shiv Sena controversy, where SRK was demonized and advance booking counters were vandalized. SRK and Karan Johar suffered losses due to that. SRK isn't supposed to comment on that? Also, randomly highlighting a sentence and using large fonts does not prove your point, perceived or real.

Seriously, how cheap are these guys? Their country's burning, terrorists are running rampant, young girls are getting shot at for going to school and here they are trying to score cheap, brownie points based on something an Indian movie star said. #NeverBeenMoreProudToBeAnIndian. :isalute:
Pretty sad if that's what makes you most proud to be Indian.

Shah Rukh Khan hits back, says he is proud to be an Indian

Mumbai: A visibly angry Shah Rukh Khan finally appeared at a much-awaited press meet following the controversy that portions of his article in Outlook magazine called Á£eing a Khan has stirred up. The actor seemed emotional as he read out a lengthy statement and chunks from his article to address the controversy at an event here, saying, "I do not even understand the basis of this controversy." Reiterating that people should read his article before commenting, Shah Rukh lashed out at the critics saying, Ūronically what I said in the article is precisely what has happened. People who havenÃÕ even read it are following others who havenÃÕ read it either. He termed the whole controversy as ÅÏonsense? "Let us not be mislead by those who use religion as a tool," he said. Shah Rukh added, "Being a public figure makes me prone to any kind of questioning, good and bad and at sometimes and on sometimes makes me an object of controversy as people use my name and statements to attach any positive or negative sentiment to it. This is the life I chose and stand by it...I am, because of the love and admiration that comes with being who I am in my profession. I thank everyone for making me the star I am." According to him, the article he wrote was "actually meant to reiterate that on some occasions, being an Indian Muslim filmstar is misused by bigots and narrow-minded people, who have misplaced religious ideologies and ironically the same has happened through this article once again." He said that when his children ask him what his religion is, his response always is Ū tell my children that you are an Indian first and your religion is humanity. "My own family and friends, are like a mini India...where all religions, professions and a few wrongs included, all are treated with tolerance and understanding and regard for each other...I stand indebted to my audience in my country and around the world. It is sad that I have to say it to prove it, in my country, which my father fought for, during the Independence struggle." He went on to request the media present not to ÅÔensationalize and trivialize matters of national interest and religion. To Pakistan Interior Minister Rehman MalikÃÔ advice to India that SRK must be given security he said in a harsh tone that India was a safe and secular country. "We have an amazing democratic, free and secular way of life. In the environment that we live here in my country India, we have no safety issues regarding life and material. As a matter-of-fact, it is irksome for me to clarify this non-existent issue". Å®y safety has been never an issue to me and should not be an issue to others, he said. He added - Ūt just takes a heart to give love. I am a Khan and to be a Khan is to love and be loved back. He ended his strong rebuttal quoting passages from the entire article to prove his point before finishing by requesting the media to ask him questions concerning his movies henceforth. ?4 hours of unwanted controversy is more than enough. Let me get back to what I do best that of making movies, he said. The furore started after Pakistan's Interior Minister Rahman Malik said that India should take care of Khan's security, drawing sharp reaction from India with the government as well as the political class saying should be more worried over security of its citizens. The controversy stemmed from the actor's remarks that he sometimes became inadvertent object of political leaders who choose to make him a symbol of all that they think is wrong and unpatriotic about Muslims in India.
http://zeenews.india.com/entertainment/celebrity/shah-rukh-khan-hits-back-says-he-is-proud-to-be-an-indian_127094.htm hope the pakis will stop crying now

For the record, I feel like this is all a well-orchestrated publicity stunt by our man SRK. You dont get to be king of Bollywood for 15+ without knowing how to keep yourself in the news. He probably exactly knew what he was getting into, when he gave the interview.

For the record' date=' I feel like this is all a well-orchestrated publicity stunt by our man SRK. You dont get to be king of Bollywood for 15+ without knowing how to keep yourself in the news. He probably exactly knew what he was getting into, when he gave the interview.[/quote'] exactly

For the record' date=' I feel like this is all a well-orchestrated publicity stunt by our man SRK. You dont get to be king of Bollywood for 15+ without knowing how to keep yourself in the news. He probably exactly knew what he was getting into, when he gave the interview.[/quote'] It wasn't an interview. It was an article he wrote for a special edition of Outlook with the theme being life as a Muslim after 9/11 - perhaps he should have written about "It's the time to Disco" in that? :girly1:

It wasn't an interview. It was an article he wrote for a special edition of Outlook with the theme being life as a Muslim after 9/11 - perhaps he should have written about "It's the time to Disco" in that? :girly1:
Yeah and boy did he complain about being a muslim and being victimised. Classic sterotypical behaviour of many muslims world wide living in non muslim countries like UK, France, Europe , India etc etc. Non stop whining about victimisation cos muslim blah blah. They enjoy all the freedoms these countries enjoy to the max and then moan like bit'ches. If so bad why dont they F off to a muslim country. Reason they dont is cos life is much better in non muslim countries. Other minorites in these countries dont moan and just get on with working hard and being succesful. Hindus and Sikhs for example in UK are flying while muslims live in gettho poverty. Same in other countries. But instead of blaming themselves , they moan about its cos we are muslim rubbish. And even when massivley succesful like SRK who is loved, icon, hero, wealthy etc etc He still finds a way to act like he is victimised, even going so far as to suggest did not give his childen( no doubt in 20 years time they will become actors cos of name and enjoy huge fame and success in Inda, O the irony) muslim names cos might get thrown out of india and how they are sadly burdened by muslim surname. SRK you are sterotypical and sum up a lot of what is wrong. p.s Chak 87 can feck off, so keen to help his god dammn pakis in UK