Vijay Appreciation thread.

An opener doing like this was Gautam Gambhir a LOOOOONG time ago in Napier' date=' NZ. He ofcourse played several sessions out. That was a champion knock of patience and determination. [b']Technique too :
and that pitch was flat as pancake.
Ok Next point from Haterz. A, He will fail in future. This will stand till his next innings. P.S: India seems like a cesspool of prejudice.
even you doubted him before :cantstop: but right now he looks like most mature batsman from our side and certainly he is the oldest (lets not include dhoni )..hope he keeps it up :two_thumbs_up: also to guys asking him yesterday to play quickly :finger:
even you doubted him before :cantstop: but right now he looks like most mature batsman from our side and certainly he is the oldest (lets not include dhoni )..hope he keeps it up :two_thumbs_up: also to guys asking him yesterday to play quickly :finger:
Dude i never doubted him in tests, look at my first post, that was during the ripe season of Vijay hate. I always knew he was a limited bat but capable of long enduring innings, not in terms of runs but balls, same thing he dos domestically.
Ok Next point from Haterz. A, He will fail in future. This will stand till his next innings. P.S: India seems like a cesspool of prejudice.
WTH dude....This is worse than the just bcoz I am black card we get in the western countries.....As I said don't take the MI,CSK trolling too seriously
Dude i never doubted him in tests' date=' look at my first post, that was during the ripe season of Vijay hate. I always knew he was a limited bat but capable of long enduring innings, not in terms of runs but balls, same thing he dos domestically.[/quote'] no before australian series we both doubted him but after that i clearly saw lots of improvement also dont u think he under performs n ranji cricket ? maybe does not takes it seriously be cause he is quality opener who should not be troubled at all in ranji
no before australian series we both doubted him but after that i clearly saw lots of improvement also dont u think he under performs n ranji cricket ? maybe does not takes it seriously be cause he is quality opener who should not be troubled at all in ranji
to be very honest, he has surprised many, mainly because he is leaving balls. He had a few strokes, but his newfound patience to leave so many balls that is just out of the blue. I think he has grown as a batsman like you say, prior to Aus series it was a just a generic hate that we all have for all rookies i guess..i dont remember anyone other than Puj not having hate, even Puj had hate in ODI lol..:--D
WTH dude....This is worse than the just bcoz I am black card we get in the western countries.....As I said don't take the MI' date='CSK trolling too seriously[/quote'] ah no man no MI CSK..seriously.. nothing to do with this. Did not insinuate that. But i get your point, and no i dont take MI CSK too seriously, Mumbai chennai are not racially different cities. May be in chit chat...sometime i will post some pearls. God save India.
to be very honest' date=' he has surprised many, mainly because he is leaving balls. He had a few strokes, but his newfound patience to leave so many balls that is just out of the blue. I think he has grown as a batsman like you say, prior to Aus series it was a just a generic hate that we all have for all rookies i guess..i dont remember anyone other than Puj not having hate, even Puj had hate in ODI lol..:--D[/quote'] lol yeah ..also about shots i think he has shots but his shots are high risk / low probability he can still improve that part of game but lets leave that stuff for home games :winky: i knew he will do fine in south africa because there is no bowler in world who can keep on bowling deliveries which get out..most of times batsman himself gets out for example kohli and pujara in this tour ..i mean how many times do you really see ball pitching on middle and taking off ? or swinging meters to take edge ? also patient openers are as important as good new ball bowlers and even i did not expect him to score so many runs i just expected him to waste 100 odd balls and make job easier for others but he surprised me with his ability to jsut go on and on
lol yeah ..also about shots i think he has shots but his shots are high risk / low probability he can still improve that part of game but lets leave that stuff for home games :winky: i knew he will do fine in south africa because there is no bowler in world who can keep on bowling deliveries which get out..most of times batsman himself gets out for example kohli and pujara in this tour ..i mean how many times do you really see ball pitching on middle and taking off ? or swinging meters to take edge ? also patient openers are as important as good new ball bowlers and even i did not expect him to score so many runs i just expected him to waste 100 odd balls and make job easier for others but he surprised me with his ability to jsut go on and on
I think if he tries to score like a Ten or VVS he will get out, imo he is good in leaving balls and defending..good addition to top order. Pujara and Kohli have to fire if we are to out 500 on board lets see.
I think if he tries to score like a Ten or VVS he will get out' date=' imo he is good in leaving balls and defending..good addition to top order. Pujara and Kohli have to fire if we are to out 500 on board lets see.[/quote'] yep..that is not his game and he should not even try to play like that ...when we need quick runs guys like dhawan and kohli have to step up
yep..that is not his game and he should not even try to play like that ...when we need quick runs guys like dhawan and kohli have to step up
Vijay can score quickly if situation demands it and to add if conditions favor him...A guy with 2 T20 100's cannot do it without being a strokemaker. I saw his 100's too,they were clean hitting,No Dilscoops,etc.