Justice For Nehra Campaign

The importance of Nehra to Chennai Super Kings' strike-force can't be overstated. While amply revealing his cunning at various stages of the innings, Nehra has also ensured his pace hasn't withered, despite being hampered by injuries several times in his career. His bowling has found plenty of admirers among his team-mates and opponents.
Captain MS Dhoni said after the Delhi Daredevils game that Nehra "was one Indian pacer who bowls pace effortlessly." R Ashwin called him one of the "finest bowlers that India has produced." "In India the bowlers tend to be written off very easily. We are not a bowler's nation," Ashwin told iplt20.com. "We are more comfortable judging a bowler than a batsman and that is the reason we write off a good bowler.
"He was one of the linchpins of our 2011 World Cup winning side. What I admire about him is that he never sulks. He picks up the new ball, bowls in the Powerplay, bowls in the death, whether it is AB de Villiers or Yuvraj Singh he is up against. He never complains and always gives his 100 per cent."
Nice Article on Nehra: http://www.espncricinfo.com/indian-premier-league-2015/content/story/867511.html

Another good article on Ashish Nehra by cricinfo:

Nehra finished a stunning IPL season for Chennai Super Kings, taking 22 wickets in 16 matches. He won three Man-of-the-Match awards - only David Warner with four claimed more. Nehra took five three-wicket hauls - only Sohail Tanvir in 2008 took as many in one season. For a while Nehra even held the purple cap as the tournament's highest wicket-taker.
"In the 2011 England series, I was fit for the one-day matches," Nehra says. "I have been fit and playing domestic cricket. It is not easy for a 36-year-old. If somebody tells me this is what you are not doing right, I will work hard on that and improve. Till now, I don't know what exactly happened and nobody ever told me. I was the highest wicket-taker between 2008 and 2011 by far. In fact, I was among the top three in the world." A quick check of the numbers again backs up Nehra's claim. From June 2009 to March 2011, he played 48 one-day internationals in his most productive period as an international cricketer. He claimed 65 wickets at an average of 32.64 and an economy rate of 5.85. Only Shakib Al Hasan of Bangladesh claimed more wickets, 69, in this period. Harbhajan Singh, with 47, and Zaheer Khan, with 46, were the next best Indian bowlers over this time. In essence, Nehra wasn't doing much wrong - he was taking wickets and, at 32, was at the peak of his powers.
If you look at the number of people who have played one-dayers or T20s after the 2011 World Cup, you will be surprised. I am not saying they are not good, but I am the only one who has not played. They have tried 20 or 25 bowlers but not Ashish Nehra." Surely he's exaggerating? I look up quick bowlers and seamers who have played for India in T20s and ODIs since the 2011 World Cup. The number is 19.
http://www.espncricinfo.com/magazine/content/story/889005.html

From Ask Steven page on fb

Inspired by the recent return of several 'exiles', here is a list of players who missed at least 50 consecutive matches for their sides during their Twenty20 International career. The last and the first match spanning the absence is given.

74  LE Plunkett (Eng)
v SL, Southampton, Jun 15. 2006/v Pak, Dubai, Nov 26, 2015

57  Mohammad Amir (Pak)
v Aus, Birmingham, Jul 6, 2010/v NZ, Auckland, Jan 15, 2016

54  Anwar Ali (Pak)
v Zim, King City, Oct 12, 2008/v Zim, Harare, Aug 23, 2013

51  BJ Hodge (Aus)
v Ind, Melbourne, Feb 1, 2008/v Eng, Melbourne, Jan 31, 2014

51  AU Rashid (Eng)
v SAf, Pretoria, Nov 15, 2009/v NZ, Manchester, Jun 23, 2015

Notes:
1. The 'best' for India is 30 matches by Ashish Nehra. His last T20I before last evening was v SAf, Durban, Jan 9, 2011. Murali Vijay with 25 had the previous record.
2. Plunkett also holds the record for the longest interval in terms of time.
3. Plunkett and Anwar's intervals were between their first and second matches.
4. Shaun Tait, who came back after missing 37 matches, now is fifth on the list for Australia.

[\Quote]