Anyone know what Tendulkar is up to?

That is not how SRT himself would think.
Yes and hence I call him the hard working dude of Indian Cricket. He would do more than what we all will think here. I am sure he must be going to some local club and would be having some net sessions and would continue to do it leading up to south africa tour. Eventually he will find a weekend to travel to Bangalore and participate in training camp there at NCA.
This whole idea about Sachin's place shouldnt be questioned because there is nobody to replace him is absolute bollocks. What is the worst that will happen' date=' we will loose a few series home and away, so be it. It is not like there is going to be a Sachin replacement out there who is going to come up and start winning series for India on his own?[/quote'] The players who can come out and start winning the series are already there and even with them Tendulkar. I am talking about Pujara and Kohli. So don't really understand what people are on about by asking to drop Tendulkar. I mean name few players who can replace Tendulkar in the line up and then we will talk.

Think there is more than meets the eye with Sachin's retirement situation........no one in the BCCI has put him under the slightest pressure to retire, unlike in the case of Dravid or Laxman, and Sachin himself believes (is under the delusion) that he can still contribute to the team......guess the longer he plays, the more money he makes for the BCCI......everyone is happy......

Yes, I would take a promising youngster and throw him in the ring. He will get beaten up, but will learn something for the future. There is no future with SRT. He is 40 and even if he does half decent, he is not going to be around long (although it appears he wants to resist as much as he can).
+1
He might have failed but then we still bank him to do well @ RKT. His stats prove that he is still better than anyone else plus he got experience. Even Dravid had a bad run going but he eventually was our best bat in 0-4 loss to England. Why go with an attitude that "we have to lose regardless" I mean why can't we win. I think only England and India are two sides who have chance of beating south africa in south africa.
We never won a test series there with all our legends playing well and you think we can win with newbies. Optimism is good but it should be rationale, not blind. Regarding Dravid, Dravid had past his best in by 2006. He was not the best in the world during 2006 to 2012 period, overall average just around 42, overseas 37, in that period, and had just one good series overseas in England 2011.
The players who can come out and start winning the series are already there and even with them Tendulkar. I am talking about Pujara and Kohli. So don't really understand what people are on about by asking to drop Tendulkar. I mean name few players who can replace Tendulkar in the line up and then we will talk.
Kohli did not just come out and started winning for us. He was once dropped from both sides ODI and test and then he came back. In tests, he is still not a top player.
We never won a test series there with all our legends playing well and you think we can win with newbies. Optimism is good but it should be rationale' date=' not blind. Regarding Dravid, Dravid had past his best in by 2006. He was not the best in the world during 2006 to 2012 period, overall average just around 42, overseas 37, in that period, and had just one good series overseas in England 2011.[/quote'] Tics over-optimism clouds his judgment on what is realistic. Shouting GO INDIA, WE CAN DO IT, means squat if there is not enough talent to back that up. You are right, we could not do it when the maharathis were there. Now with this bowling and batting lineup, forget it!!

if he retires after the saf series,more eyebrows will be raised criticizing him of playing just to achieve the 200 tests milestone,if he plays even after the series,he`ll get slammed of still playing despite being a passenger..both ways,he and we are screwed

Steyn' date=' Philander and Morkel will lay him to waste on the SA pitches. But he gets his 200 games and then can finally put an end to the embarrassment that has been the last 2 years of his career.[/quote'] 21 years winning us games and series, I am not a die hard but I am not going to go abusive or harsh against him on those 2 years. I don't see anyone laying anyone to waste. We'll see who has the last laugh.
Sachin needs 163 runs to reach 17K in test cricket and 2 more test matches to become the 1st player to reach 200 tests. :clap:
He will probably get to 200 test matches (not sure what that accomplishes really), but he will probably not score 163 runs in the 3 match test series. Here is my prediction: 1st test: 0 and 2 2nd test: 40 and 12 3rd test: 25 & 0 Game, set, match to Steyn & Philander!!!
Yeah its not about over optimism and this nonsensical urge to wish tendulkar an average of 55 at the age of 40. We hope that there's a 'flicker' that's a brilliant word not a strong flame (which goes on for 20-30 tests matches). There have been a zilliion examples of comebacks that not too many were willing to bet on how many remember his fantastic 90s in odis in ireland vs. SA was it hey nobody put their money on that happening m sure. I personally feel we owe him that flicker and to put the entire blame of the last 2 yrs failures on him is seriously unfair. Are we saying sehwag and gambhir at 30 tendulkar dravid laxman zak bhajji everybody became absolute craps all at the same purely because of their inability in an era which didn't have too many bowling greats lining up? the entire team imploded for whtever reason to me if we cannot give him the benefit of doubt in this case then not sure we even deserve him :). Something very similar happened when we were horrible in WC07 and thereabouts and if we do not see any similarity then either we are blind or choose to.
So you want SRT to "flicker" for another 20-30 Tests, which is another 3 years or so :omg: Hasn't all the "flickering" over the last 2 years been more than enough? This much "flickering" would have done a Diwali celebration proud but I guess you want to see more "flickers" :hatsoff: What next? Why not carry the 'flickering" over to the next WC as well coz it would be consistent with the 20-30 tests timeframe :dontknow: On a different note wouldn't India's tour of SA coincide with SRT's kids school vacation?