Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

8 minutes ago, prudent_kreeda said:

Did Alzarri  not impress  any one ?  No one talking about this genuine fast bowler.

Found him to be a very good young pacer in the making Plus batting credentials. 

He has already played 40+ ODIs with 60+ wickets. He is not new. He played against us before too.

1 hour ago, Adamant said:

Will take these performances with a bori of salt. 

Needs to perform against bigger teams

yeah but for example Prasidh did well against the same opposition that Siraj and Shardul were average against.....the opposition was this WI.

So Prasidh will do worse against stronger opposition but then so would everyone else.

Against this opposition Prasidh was better than Siraj and Shardul.

On 2/11/2022 at 10:59 PM, express bowling said:

Liked Rohit's handling of fast bowlers in the ODI series. 

Kept multiple slips for many many overs.

When wickets were not falling, he attacked the batters with short ball barrages by Siraj and Prasidh, and 2 wickets fell.

he picked Prasidh and Siraj and supported them well. Prasidh solely destroyed  WI in second match and SIraj also improved his performance in the third ODI.

most of the time he kept 2 SLIPS UP for Pacers and when He appreciated Prasidh , it was like whole hearted Applause ....i think Prasidh can only Improve from here, specially now he has won a multi crore IPL deal....He has everything that he would have ever dreamt for...

rohit's captaincy Beat Kohli's captaincy.

Kohli was a 8 on 10 in test captaincy and 7/10 in ODI captaincy. Kohli was a great captain as an Indian captain( not his IPL captaincy).

But Rohit seems to be better than Kohli.

On 2/12/2022 at 3:59 AM, express bowling said:

Liked Rohit's handling of fast bowlers in the ODI series. 

Kept multiple slips for many many overs.

When wickets were not falling, he attacked the batters with short ball barrages by Siraj and Prasidh, and 2 wickets fell.

Clearly remember youve been a big fan of Prasidh for some time, well done. Hopefully he keeps improving. He does have good and easy room to take his game to another level.

I think he can, needs some gym time developing those arms of his to improve speed without compromising his flexibility and agility, it was really lacking musculature. I was shocked when I saw a close up of him.

1 hour ago, express bowling said:

IPL Teams for prominent Indian quick bowlers ... 

MI .... Bumrah, Thampi

GT .. Shami

RR .. Prasidh 

KKR .. Mavi,

SRH .. Umran,  Tyagi

RCB .. Siraj

LSG .. Avesh

DC .. Nagarkoti 

CSK .. Asif, Deshpande 

Apologies if you spoke about this before. Can you tell me about Avesh and your thoughts?

1 hour ago, express bowling said:

IPL Teams for prominent Indian medium pacers ....

SRH .. Bhuvi,  Natarajan 

CSK .. Chahar 

DC .. Shardul

RCB .. Harshal

PK .. Porel

LSG .. Rajpoot

Just on your thoughts here, can India in white ball cricket afford to play 3 genuine pace bowlers with no batting capacity and who do you think the two we will go with?

Im counting Shardul and Chahar as our all rounders.

I did like seeing Siraj and Prasidh together. Bumrah needs to improve back to his quality a few years back, he has been on a slow decline. Im not sure we can play all three.

1 hour ago, SRT100 said:

Just on your thoughts here, can India in white ball cricket afford to play 3 genuine pace bowlers with no batting capacity and who do you think the two we will go with?

I did like seeing Siraj and Prasidh together. Bumrah needs to improve back to his quality a few years back, he has been on a slow decline. Im not sure we can play all three.

Absolutely. 3 pacers is fine but.....we need a good batting for that. We have talent that never gets picked. So....that's the issue 

21 minutes ago, Mosher said:

Kuldeep Sen, Sushant, Yash Dayal, Akash, Hangargekar, Bawa, Yarra Prithviraj and a few more. Lot of upcoming fast bowlers yet to be picked.  With 2 more IPL teams and teams looking to fill their squads, hope they all get picked.

I saw Mayank Yadav in the list,is he on, today 

I know he won't be picked,even Kuldeep Sen gets picked will be a surprise

What if they get picked,is there any chance they may get pivked mid season for their base price?

Edited by Suhaan
7 hours ago, SRT100 said:

Apologies if you spoke about this before. Can you tell me about Avesh and your thoughts?

During 2018 and 2019, Avesh used to hit the deck really hard and bowled a very heavy ball. Bowled upto high 140s in T20s.

After that, he tried to master swing bowling and that changed his bowling style a bit.

As it stands ... Avesh is a Fast-medium pacer who possesses quite a few skills. He can bowl indipping yorkers, bouncers, outswingers, seam the ball with bounce, bowl slower balls etc.

He is tall and can still bowl a heavy ball when he wants. He is primarily a hit the deck pacer and should stick to his strengths and try for bounce and seam movement with his stock balls.

His biggest issue is poor fitness ... which may create issues if he plays test matches. As of now, he is ideal for T20Is and maybe be moved up to ODIs if he does well.

I hope he gets to play all 3 T20Is.

Edited by express bowling
7 hours ago, SRT100 said:

Combination which can allow 3 genuine pacers in ODIs ....

4. Rahul

5. Pant

6. Jadeja

7. Deepak

8. Washington

9. Siraj

10. Bumrah

11. Prasidh

....   3 Quicks + 2 Spinners + 1 Medium pacer .... 6 proper bowlers 

....  Batting till 8

I believe this combination can be really good.

Edited by express bowling
40 minutes ago, express bowling said:

During 2018 and 2019, Avesh used to hit the deck really hard and bowled a very heavy ball. Bowled upto high 140s in T20s.

After that, he tried to master swing bowling and that changed his bowling style a bit.

As it stands ... Avesh is a Fast-medium pacer who possesses quite a few skills. He can bowl indipping yorkers, bouncers, outswingers, seam the ball with bounce, bowl slower balls etc.

He is tall and can still bowl a heavy ball when he wants. He is primarily a hit the deck pacer and should stick to his strengths and try for bounce and seam movement with his stock balls.

His biggest issue is poor fitness ... which may create issues if he plays test matches. As of now, he is ideal for T20Is and maybe be moved up to ODIs if he does well.

I hope he gets to play all 3 T20Is.

can avehs do well in tests? he has played ranji and did well. 

he should focus on tests and t20 imo. forget odi.

2 hours ago, express bowling said:

Combination which can allow 3 genuine pacers in ODIs ....

4. Rahul

5. Pant

6. Jadeja

7. Deepak

8. Washington

9. Siraj

10. Bumrah

11. Prasidh

....   3 Quicks + 2 Spinners + 1 Medium pacer .... 6 proper bowlers 

....  Batting till 8

I believe this combination can be really good.

I like the batting order too, also there is flexibility to float a batsman in depending if a left or right gets out.

India has no choice but to go with 6 given no one in the top 5 bowl.

The other main issue is tuk tuk 1,2,3. I can accept Hitman as 1, but we need to f**king move on from Kohli and Dhawan.

Otherwise your combination is lethal.

Jaddu in India should be a weapon. Sundar must continue to bowl well, the other option is Ash, Kuldeep, Chahal.