Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

1 hour ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

@express bowling- this is what is pace bias

Name of the thread- Speed and performance of pacer and spinner

Yet no one talked about our pacers in this thread last game coz their wasnt someone with Paceeee . So are you guys really talking performance or they are 2nd grade citizens whose performance dont matter

Had it been umran malik gone for even 30 runs in an over but cranked 150k , still this wud have been talked about ................so be fair be equal .

Talk about someone like bhuvi who is bowling so well since 2 games yet no talks and that my friend is the hypocrisy of this thread and that's what is being called out for . I think the word performance shud be removed from this thread tittle 

I have heard this crying many times in my life.

Yes .... I do have pace bias +  bounce bias and the medium pacers are not even 2nd grade citizens to me ... they are 10th grade citizens to me.

What I said was .... I want quick bowlers with skills too. Not really looking for a low skilled quick bowler. That does not mean I like medium pacers because most of them won't achieve much in the long run.

I am only interested in great pace bowlers and extreme success and most of them will come from the quick or bouncy pacers.

I won't write about the performances of medium pacers because I hate them. What is stopping medium pacer lovers like you from writing about their successes here. Don't see it happening much.

3 minutes ago, express bowling said:

I have heard this crying many times in my life.

Yes .... I do have pace bias +  bounce bias and the medium pacers are not even 2nd grade citizens to me ... they are 10th grade citizens to me.

What I said was .... I want quick bowlers with skills too. Not really looking for a low skilled quick bowler. That does not mean I like medium pacers because most of them won't achieve much in the long run.

I am only interested in great pace bowlers and extreme success and most of them will come from the quick or bouncy pacers.

I won't write about the performances of medium pacers because I hate them. What is stopping medium pacer lovers like you from writing about their successes here. Don't see it happening much.

do u even see me writing much bout pacers in this thread or disregarding bowlers on their lack of pace that i shud be accountable for not doing other side

or did i make this thread tittle that said performance of pacers (forgetting to specify bias towards only kind) ..................clearly i didnt make this thread or its tittle 

On 7/9/2022 at 10:19 PM, Ankit_sharma03 said:

do u even see me writing much bout pacers in this thread or disregarding bowlers on their lack of pace that i shud be accountable for not doing other side

or did i make this thread tittle that said performance of pacers (forgetting to specify bias towards only kind) ..................clearly i didnt make this thread or its tittle 

What is the issue with title  !!!!

Just because I have opened a thread in an open forum about something does not mean I have to write about every aspect of it.

This is not an article I am writing that I have to cover every aspect of the subject that is alluded to in the title. 

Some people take forum life a bit too seriously !!

Edited by express bowling

Harshal's weaknesses got exposed today...  It was a used pitch butbhe wasn't able to hit right length even though Eng were tottering & his job was simple. 

Nehra explained in Post match that it's not possible to land those off cutters with pin point accuracy & areas..  And also said no point in bowling those when seam up length balls are doing the job. 

@express bowling  that's what we also said why Harshal will struggle on good pitches & more pace friendly wickets in SENA.  He has one dimensional skill set. 

9 hours ago, express bowling said:

What the issue with title  !!!!

Just because I have opened a thread in an open forum about something does not mean I have to write about every aspect of it.

This is not an article I am writing that I have to cover every aspect of the subject that is alluded to in the title. 

You may not like some players but trying to unsee it when they are performing is wrong. Also, just like you have the right to write anything, others can always point out when you are wrong.

Doesn't matter if Harshal is good, average, or legendary; he has earned his spot. Now pointing every failure of his doesn't make sense.

Edited by Chakdephatte
7 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

Harshal's weaknesses got exposed today...  It was a used pitch butbhe wasn't able to hit right length even though Eng were tottering & his job was simple. 

Nehra explained in Post match that it's not possible to land those off cutters with pin point accuracy & areas..  And also said no point in bowling those when seam up length balls are doing the job. 

@express bowling  that's what we also said why Harshal will struggle on good pitches & more pace friendly wickets in SENA.  He has one dimensional skill set.

And this is based on?? 2 matches? 4 matches? 

On 7/10/2022 at 8:23 AM, Chakdephatte said:

You may not like some players but trying to unsee it when they are performing is wrong. Also, just like you have the right to write anything, others can always point out when you are wrong.

Who am I to "see" or "unsee" players' performances  ?

We are nobodies  !!   Let us not take ourselves so seriously. 

We are just enthusiasts about certain aspects of the game. And most of us write about those aspects only. 

There can be nothing wrong about ANY member here writing about only certain aspects of the game they love. Not talking about just me here. 

On 7/10/2022 at 8:23 AM, Chakdephatte said:

Doesn't matter if Harshal is good, average, or legendary; he has earned his spot. Now pointing every failure of his doesn't make sense.

I don't point out his every failure.  Just occasional ones. 

Infact, Harshal is in my chosen Playing 11 for the T20I World Cup in Australia. Not because of his bowling alone but because he is the only bowling all-rounder who interests me for the sake of team balance.

Making such comments without knowing facts does not make sense.

18 minutes ago, express bowling said:

We are just enthusiasts about certain aspects of the game. And most of us write about those aspects only. 

There can get nothing wrong about ANY member here writing about only certain aspects of the game they love. Not talking about just me here. 

Exactly. I didn't understand the whole debate yesterday about how nobody talks about medium pacers or why you don't talk about their performances.  Last time I checked this thread and forum is a free for all and nobody is stopping anyone from commenting on any bowler. 

We all have our likes and dislikes and I am here because I love fast bowling and like to discuss fast bowlers with like minded fans. Simple as.

35 minutes ago, express bowling said:

There can get nothing wrong about ANY member here writing about only certain aspects of the game they love. Not talking about just me here. 

Infact, Harshal is in my chosen Playing 11 for the T20I World Cup in Australia. Not because of his bowling alone but because he is the only bowling all-rounder who interests me for the sake of team balance.

:hatsoff:

1 hour ago, express bowling said:

Obviously, I can't remember who said what about whom. You can get away with it now, even if you were the one. I was talking about the general perception here, not you or some other guy. Just read your post I was replying to. You are taking it out of context.

Edited by Chakdephatte
8 minutes ago, Chakdephatte said:

Obviously, I can't remember who said what about whom. You can get away with it now, even if you were the one. I was talking about the general perception here, not you or some other guy. Just read your post I was replying to. You are taking it out of context.

General comments are usually not made by quoting a particular poster's post. 

And what is this " getting away " stuff ??

Am I answerable to you in any way !!

As long as I am not breaking forum rules, I can write whatever I want. Now stop this nonsense  !!

1 hour ago, express bowling said:

General comments are usually not made by quoting a particular poster's post. 

And what is this " getting away " stuff ??

Am I answerable to you in any way !!

As long as I am not breaking forum rules, I can write whatever I want. Now stop this nonsense  !!

This is the problem. Why bold one phrase from my reply and answer it. Also bold the, "even if you were the one". What wrong did I say? The word 'if' has a meaning. But you keep missing it.

"General comments are usually not made by quoting a particular poster's post". Right, but try to understand the context as well.

Edited by Chakdephatte
15 hours ago, express bowling said:

What the issue with title  !!!!

You post about every 140+ ball here and forget to mention great performances by medium pacers. 

Very convenient. 

Its pure bias, and there's nothing wrong with it but it's also true that you definitely don't care about medium pacers but the it doesn't mean that Dravid /Rohit are also gonna follow your methodology, medium pacers are respected in cricket. 

Edited by Adamant
25 minutes ago, Adamant said:

You post about every 140+ ball here and forget to mention great performances by medium pacers. 

Very convenient. 

Its pure bias, and there's nothing wrong with it but it's also true that you definitely don't care about medium pacers but the it doesn't mean that Dravid /Rohit are also gonna follow your methodology, medium pacers are respected in cricket. 

No! please. You are making the same mistake as them. Simply say, speed is not as important a factor (it can be, depending on your composition).

Edited by Chakdephatte

The hierarchy for selecting pacers should be as follows - 

1. Pace with accuracy and skills - Bumrah, Shami

2. Medium pacers with accuracy and skills. - Bhuvi, Siraj etc

3. Medium pacers with control 

4. 140+ kph pacers with no skills or control. 

140+ kph pacers with no skills are absolutely the worst kind of bowlers, will always pick a Bhuvi over Wahab. 

Same goes for Avesh, Bhuvi is better. 

1 hour ago, Adamant said:

Very convenient. 

It's a subject of choice, many here like and appreciate the 140+ k fast bowlers, appreciating one isn't equivalent to degrading the others.
Why we're forcing someone to comment on something which they don't want to ?

People who like and appreciate medium pacers, they can contribute here and discuss their performance parallely. The two things can co-exist together.

48 minutes ago, singhvivek141 said:

It's a subject of choice, many here like and appreciate the 140+ k fast bowlers, appreciating one isn't equivalent to degrading the others.
Why we're forcing someone to comment on something which they don't want to ?

People who like and appreciate medium pacers, they can contribute here and discuss their performance parallely. The two things can co-exist together.

You skipped the part where I said it's all right to be biased? 

Secondly I know he doesn't like medium pacers, Can i not argue with him on that on a cricket forum? 

What's the sense of a forum then If I can't reply to posts? 

24 minutes ago, Adamant said:

Secondly I know he doesn't like medium pacers, Can i not argue with him on that on a cricket forum? 

What's the sense of a forum then If I can't reply to posts? 

One can argue about facts and opinions. 

There is nothing to argue about likes and dislikes and not posting about dislikes.

3 hours ago, Adamant said:

but the it doesn't mean that Dravid /Rohit are also gonna follow your methodology, medium pacers are respected in cricket. 

True medium pacers  (  less than Fast-medium in terms of pace AND lack steep bounce ) are respected only if they are amazingly skillful in terms of movement and accuracy.

And very few true medium pacers have truly succeeded as bowlers.

Only Philander comes to mind and even he averaged 38 in tests in Asia ( that is he never was a true all-condition bowler )