Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

5 hours ago, Rightarmfast said:

What was their pace?

Shami  Fastest 143 k  Average 139 k

Ishant  Fastest 142 k  Average 138 k

Amazing speeds on a ground where the Lankans found it difficult to complete overs and stay on the ground due to polluted air and supposed  breathing problems

Edited by express bowling

What Nigel Llong did was unprofessional in the age of DRS

A full ball by Shami had hit the batter on the pad plumb in front.

Llong indicated that the ball had hit the bat, as the reason for turning down the appeal .   We did not reviw as a result but replays and snicko showed that it was plumb LBW and no bat was involved 

Shami and India were robbed of a wicket 

2 hours ago, Rightarmfast said:

Waiting for someone to update the bowling speeds for Ishant and Shami! Please

I watched a bit in the 1st session. Shami bowled a fiery spell with a lot of quick bouncers. Quickest I saw him bowl was 143k. Ishant too bowled a lot of bouncers. He was bowling around 140k. @express bowling Bro please update the speeds for their spells which they bowled later on in the day.

On 12/3/2017 at 9:01 AM, express bowling said:

Shami  Fastest 143 k  Average 139 k

Ishant  Fastest 142 k  Average 138 k

Amazing speeds on a ground where the Lankans found it difficult to complete overs and stay on the ground due to polluted air and supposed  breathing problems

Ishant i saw a 143.x btw live in willow. 143.4 in tv or 143.1 per bcci.

my prediction before the match was Ishant would do well but not as good as Shammi but it seems as both did equally well.

i will be cheating and biased if i say that Shammi bowled better than ISHANT in this Test. I was excited to see the contest going on between these two and i realised that IShant created equal no of opportunities.

Ishant Hit the Batsman equally and created that FEAR Factor that I always Talk About and I value it very highly. I mean to say that IShant and SHammi both hit their batsman at least 4 times each and created Fear.

i guess both got equal no of wickets till now...the competetion between the two still goes on as there is one more innings..lets see.

But Yes Umesh was beaten black and blue in the previous test by Ishant and by Shammi in the first Test, indicating Umesh wont get a place in the 11 in South Africa as BHuvi/Bumrah could be the third pacer along with Pandya. i think it will be IShant Shammi Bumrah Pandya attack or a be BHuvi gets a chance. 

unless Umesh improves big time , he may get a chance to bowl in the nets. 

india has taken a very strong Pace attack.

1 hour ago, Mosher said:

I watched a bit in the 1st session. Shami bowled a fiery spell with a lot of quick bouncers. Quickest I saw him bowl was 143k. Ishant too bowled a lot of bouncers. He was bowling around 140k. @express bowling Bro please update the speeds for their spells which they bowled later on in the day.

Bro, I did not watch all the overs today.

Speeds I saw today

Shami    135 k to 143 k

Ishant   135 k to 143 k

Both pacers bowled lots of quick and hostile bouncers, as you said,  and got good bounce off normal balls too.