Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

Bowling was good bar the spinners,we were clearly 50+ runs short.Batsmen beed to be held responsible here , especially top 4.

On the other hand,I honestly in my right mind cant see bhuvi as an opening bowler in ODIs unless he starts taking wickets early.

Being wicketless in t20s is ok as he bowls very economicaly ,but this approach seldom works in odis.

He needs to take wickets ,or put in for t20s only.

Prasidh has been very impressive ,been saying for a while he is a really good prospect.

I just hope we can give saini a good run too , hopefully he can figure it out this IPL.

Edited by RAZPOR
15 minutes ago, Mosher said:

Prasidh looks such a lethal bowler with the old ball. Needs to work on his length's with the new ball. 

Fantastic prospect for tests and ODI's.

It was some heady stuff bro.

Cracking yorkers,  bouncers hitting batters on the body and good channel balls.

Prasidh is fantastic with the slightly older ball.

Edited by express bowling
6 minutes ago, Mosher said:

Prasidh looks such a lethal bowler with the old ball. Needs to work on his length's with the new ball. 

Fantastic prospect for tests and ODI's.

Yes he looks good with the old ball - much better control. Control has shown itself to be king during this limited overs segment. 

Since the world cup in 17 ODI games our new ball bowlers have picked 5 wickets in the first 10 overs. Shami-2 , Bhuvi,Chahar and Natarajan -1 each. Almost all our frontline bowlers have featured in some of these games. Anyone else find this concerning? In the same games we have lost 20 wickets in the first 10.

Edited by Forward Defence
43 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

I think next game drop Kuldeep & play an extra pacer in Siraj.  Drop Krunal & play Sundar who is much better with the ball..  Than gully mohalla bowling of Krunal. 

liked that...he is not a genuine Spinner and I see many bowlers bowling exactly like that in Indian cities. 

can he be called in as a Spinning All rounder, I kinda like his hitting Skills as he definitely goes for his shots But Axar and Jaddu are better spinners than him. even one more Spinner who was bought for 9 CR by one of the Teams is a better Spin allrounder because of his batting skills.

Hardik with out Pace bowling is not an ideal fit into the team, just because hardik should get this message loud and clear that he has to play as an all rounder.

if Kuldeep is not looking good why are they nt letting him go and play domestic cricket. He is clearly below par.

krunnal is worth it as a batsman or a 6th bowler but not as a fifth bowler. where as washington can play as a 5th bowler and can bat too.

38 minutes ago, MultiB48 said:

It really feels that unless you have the perfect action like Brett Lee or a physical gift like Shoaib's hyperextension, then the human body just isn't conditioned to be able to withstand the strain of bowling over 150kph without constantly breaking down.  

44 minutes ago, msb1991 said:

It really feels that unless you have the perfect action like Brett Lee or a physical gift like Shoaib's hyperextension, then the human body just isn't conditioned to be able to withstand the strain of bowling over 150kph without constantly breaking down.  

I am increasingly thinking that it is better to have pacers who can bowl 135 k to 148 k on most days ... and bowl with accuracy and bounce.

No point in having 140 k to 155 k pacers who keep breaking down and miss most matches.

Someone like Mark Wood rests more than he plays or gets injured. Ferguson doesn't play much either. Nortje is already bowling 135 k to 150 k on most occasions.

34 minutes ago, express bowling said:

I am increasingly thinking that it is better to have pacers who can bowl 135 k to 148 k on most days ... and bowl with accuracy and bounce.

No point in having 140 k to 155 k pacers who keep breaking down and miss most matches.

Someone like Mark Wood rests more than he plays or gets injured. Ferguson doesn't play much either. Nortje is already bowling 135 k to 150 k on most occasions.

Yes - agreed. I think regarding RF bowling, Dale Steyn had the right idea in Test matches. He mainly bowled a bit within himself and then could crank it up whenever needed. 

2 hours ago, msb1991 said:

Brett Lee and Akhtar both played 76 and 46  tests ,so they also had an injury hitten career

Akhtar remained mostly injured,they both could hit express pace but it had its own price

Today most bowlers have n number of opportunities to earn as much as they can ,so dont want to expose their bodies to rigours of express bowling