Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

On 4/9/2021 at 1:48 AM, sandeep said:

The fast-tracking of Prasidh Krishna - as a horses for courses selection, given that he's tall and could get the bounce that was seen to be effective from Mark Wood and co, was reasonable.  

Given the lack of A tours at the moment, its hard to see which deserving young express pacer isn't being given an opportunity.  Let's see how the IPL goes.

I am not talking about just 2021 or just pacers who can touch 150 k.

Countries which have produced good quality quick bowlers in the past, like Australia,  the West Indies, South Africa and Pakistan, have a preference for bringing the better quality 140 k+ pacers to the fore.

Quick pacers like Riley Meredith and Jhye Richardson are already playing for Australia at a young age, despite fighting injuries.

In India, we could not even debut Siraj in tests for 2+ years after his superlative success for India A.  Prasidh has not been fast tracked. He has been performing superbly for 3 List A seasons and in FC ... and is already 25.  Mavi does not even get to play for his state team often enough. Avesh Khan is already 24, performing in domestic cricket but still languishing. 

Team India and the selectors must have a plan in mind for bringing in all the good quality 140 k+ pacers to Team India by the time they are 22 to 24. But that is not happening.  

3 formats ... workload management  ... player rotation ... injuries. Lots of slots are available due to this.

Edited by express bowling
3 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Impressed with Siraj bowling with the white ball today. 

His accuracy has improved a lot. 

He hardly bowled a loose ball today while bowling at good pace. This combination is the key. Even his bouncers were accurate and hostile. 

He looked like a bowler full of confidence.  So good to see.

11 minutes ago, sandeep said:

He looked like a bowler full of confidence.  So good to see.

I am looking for atleast 3 young pacers who are highly skilful ... can bowl at 140 k+ ...  have good bouncers and yorkers ... and have both red ball and white ball skills.

Bumrah is one.

Siraj is on the way to becoming the 2nd.

If Prasidh can be the 3rd then our fast bowling unit will be very effective and highly interesting to watch.

(  Ishant and Umesh don't have a lot of time left in international cricket and lack white ball skills too. Even Shami is getting old and we need replacements ready )

3 hours ago, express bowling said:

I am looking for atleast 3 young pacers who are highly skilful ... can bowl at 140 k+ ...  have good bouncers and yorkers ... and have both red ball and white ball skills.

Bumrah is one.

Siraj is on the way to becoming the 2nd.

If Prasidh can be the 3rd then our fast bowling unit will be very effective and highly interesting to watch.

(  Ishant and Umesh don't have a lot of time left in international cricket and lack white ball skills too. Even Shami is getting old and we need replacements ready )

Prasidh

Siraj

Tyagi

Avesh

Mavi

Plenty of options. Someone just needs to give them chances. 

Tamil Nadu has plenty of strong local guys from the village area. Cricket there is dominated by upper caste from what I hear. 

Believe me, you will be shocked how strong some of these guys are. The ones from the poorer upbringing who toil hard in the farms etc. 

Need to bring more of these guys into the Tamil Nadu team. 

Edited by Jay
1 hour ago, Jay said:

Tamil Nadu has plenty of strong local guys from the village area. Cricket there is dominated by upper caste from what I hear. 

Believe me, you will be shocked how strong some of these guys are. The ones from the poorer upbringing who toil hard in the farms etc. 

Need to bring more of these guys into the Tamil Nadu team. 

Strength doesn't mean pace. 

1 hour ago, Jay said:

Pace requires power. Power is a combination of strength plus speed. 

There is more to it. Fast twitch type 2 fibres there is reems available in the Internet do read abt them not al built powerful people will be able bowl fast consistently. A powerful guy will probably throw a given ball fast not bowl or pitch fast consistently.

2 minutes ago, Vilander said:

There is more to it. Fast twitch type 2 fibres there is reems available in the Internet do read abt them not al built powerful people will be able bowl fast consistently. A powerful guy will probably throw a given ball fast not bowl or pitch fast consistently.

I am very well aware of that. Body mechanics and the bowling action matter obviously. never said powerfully built guys can bowl fast. I just stated that there are plenty of guys with untapped potential in rural India. That's where the real talent exists not fake tailunt from padosis. Real talent. 

2 minutes ago, Jay said:

That's where the real talent exists not fake tailunt from padosis. Real talent. 

Well we can't call them fake talent either, talent is a very generic conceptual term dislike using it. But yeah rural cricketers do tend to generally be tougher put their body on the line more.