Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

A good article on KARTIK TYAGI'S experiences and learnings on the tour to Australia.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/indianexpress.com/article/sports/cricket/kartik-tyagi-india-vs-australia-tour-net-gains-7167061/lite/

Some excerpts ....

Net gains: Kartik Tyagi looks ahead to brighter future after tour Down Under

Kartik Tyagi went to Australia to only bowl in practice, but the experience and exposure will help immensely in his development.

“Kartik, you were fantastic,” Rahane said as the entire team clapped.

The words were an acknowledgement of the 20-year-old’s contribution as a net bowler during the two-month tour held in a strict bio-bubble.

Tyagi says he has lost count of the number of overs he bowled in the nets of the Indian team.

Tyagi had a mind like a sponge during the tour and observed how the experienced bowlers trained, how they executed plans. The advice he received from all quarters was ‘priceless’.

“How to plan for a session, how to set fields, how to bowl to a field. I learnt so much by watching, listening and talking. I spoke to everyone I could,” he says. “Talking to (Jasprit) Bumrah, watching Pat Cummins bowl or Mohammed Siraj making his debut was a great experience. (I learnt) The importance of being patient and sticking to the plan. Two of the best teams in the world are playing Test cricket, you are present, watching and listening and seeing so many things. I could not have asked for more. How the team discussed all the plans and then how it played out in the ground. was so inspirational,” Tyagi says.

He impressed one and all with his pace, upwards of 140kmph, and a mean inswinger. Though topping speed gun readings gives him a thrill, he says he has added a less-fancied but effective tool to his armoury – control.

“I tried to bowl at one spot (in the nets). Consistently hitting a line or a length is important at the highest level. I have played in the Under-19 World Cup and the IPL. I have realised that being consistent and patient is the key in Test cricket. That makes a huge difference. You need to bowl at a spot even if wickets are not coming,” Tyagi

WV Raman was impressed by the speed at which a 16-year-old Tyagi bowled during a camp in Dharamsala.

“I remember seeing Kartik Tyagi at an Under-16 camp in Dharamsala. His pace stood out even then. Very fast, which isn’t normal in that age-group as fast-twitch muscles tend to develop later. But I remember him being really quick. A natural,” was Raman’s observation from a few years ago.

Bowling fast is about having the right ‘attitude’ is how Tyagi puts it. “If in my mind I want to bowl fast, I will be ready to bowl fast in the nets. I will keep putting in effort. My mindset will define, to an extent, how fast I can bowl.”

When he returned home from Australia, Tyagi rested for a day. On the second day, he went to an academy located six kilometres away from his home in Hapur and started bowling. Tyagi knows if he can add control to go with his pace, he would transition from the nets to the centre wicket.

Edited by express bowling
3 minutes ago, express bowling said:

A good article on KARTIK TYAGI'S experiences and learnings on the tour to Australia.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/indianexpress.com/article/sports/cricket/kartik-tyagi-india-vs-australia-tour-net-gains-7167061/lite/

Some excerpts ....

Net gains: Kartik Tyagi looks ahead to brighter future after tour Down Under

Kartik Tyagi went to Australia to only bowl in practice, but the experience and exposure will help immensely in his development.

“Kartik, you were fantastic,” Rahane said as the entire team clapped.

The words were an acknowledgement of the 20-year-old’s contribution as a net bowler during the two-month tour held in a strict bio-bubble.

Tyagi says he has lost count of the number of overs he bowled in the nets of the Indian team.

Tyagi had a mind like a sponge during the tour and observed how the experienced bowlers trained, how they executed plans. The advice he received from all quarters was ‘priceless’.

“How to plan for a session, how to set fields, how to bowl to a field. I learnt so much by watching, listening and talking. I spoke to everyone I could,” he says. “Talking to (Jasprit) Bumrah, watching Pat Cummins bowl or Mohammed Siraj making his debut was a great experience. (I learnt) The importance of being patient and sticking to the plan. Two of the best teams in the world are playing Test cricket, you are present, watching and listening and seeing so many things. I could not have asked for more. How the team discussed all the plans and then how it played out in the ground. was so inspirational,” Tyagi says.

He impressed one and all with his pace, upwards of 140kmph, and a mean inswinger. Though topping speed gun readings gives him a thrill, he says he has added a less-fancied but effective tool to his armoury – control.

“I tried to bowl at one spot (in the nets). Consistently hitting a line or a length is important at the highest level. I have played in the Under-19 World Cup and the IPL. I have realised that being consistent and patient is the key in Test cricket. That makes a huge difference. You need to bowl at a spot even if wickets are not coming,” Tyagi

WV Raman was impressed by the speed at which a 16-year-old Tyagi bowled during a camp in Dharamsala.

“I remember seeing Kartik Tyagi at an Under-16 camp in Dharamsala. His pace stood out even then. Very fast, which isn’t normal in that age-group as fast-twitch muscles tend to develop later. But I remember him being really quick. A natural,” was Raman’s observation from a few years ago.

Bowling fast is about having the right ‘attitude’ is how Tyagi puts it. “If in my mind I want to bowl fast, I will be ready to bowl fast in the nets. I will keep putting in effort. My mindset will define, to an extent, how fast I can bowl.”

When he returned home from Australia, Tyagi rested for a day. On the second day, he went to an academy located six kilometres away from his home in Hapur and started bowling. Tyagi knows if he can add control to go with his pace, he would transition from the nets to the centre wicket.

The big away tours can be such great learning experiences for net bowlers  ... And this article outlines it well. Learning to bowl at one spot, being patient, planning a season, bowling to one's field, how to train before a match, interacting with Bumrah, seeing Cummins operate. All this is priceless.

Tyagi is such a special bowler ... and it is great that he got this chance.  Kudos to the BCCI for this opportunity.

How I hope Prasidh and Mavi got this chance too.

Can't wait for the day when Bumrah, Tyagi and Shami will bowl in tandem in a test match.

1 minute ago, express bowling said:

The big away tours can be such great learning experiences for net bowlers  ... And this article outlines it well. Learning to bowl at one spot, being patient, planning a season, bowling to one's field, how to train before a match, interacting with Bumrah, seeing Cummins operate. All this is priceless.

Tyagi is such a special bowler ... and it is great that he got this chance.  Kudos to the BCCI for this opportunity.

How I hope Prasidh and Mavi got this chance too.

Can't wait for the day when Bumrah, Tyagi and Shami will bowl in tandem in a test match.

I think BCCI should limit Bumrah's workload even if it means to restrict him in IPL(i know they can't control decision making of franchisees)and compensate him

Bumrah is entering that phase of his career where his body will need constant monitoring,same with Shami

As our pace attack is getting old and we can't replace it at one go,good that although accidentally but Siraj got his due and looks to be making the next gen of our pace attack

1 minute ago, Suhaan said:

I think BCCI should limit Bumrah's workload even if it means to restrict him in IPL(i know they can't control decision making of franchisees)and compensate him

Bumrah is entering that phase of his career where his body will need constant monitoring,same with Shami

As our pace attack is getting old and we can't replace it at one go,good that although accidentally but Siraj got his due and looks to be making the next gen of our pace attack

Bumrah should be rested in most bilateral T20Is and ODIs this year, with so many tests coming up.  Kept out of the squad. Otherwise Kohli will pick him.

Play Bumrah in a couple of T20I series just before the World T20s  ... that's it.

1 minute ago, express bowling said:

Bumrah should be rested in most bilateral T20Is and ODIs this year, with so many tests coming up.  Kept out of the squad. Otherwise Kohli will pick him.

Play Bumrah in a couple of T20I series just before the World T20s  ... that's it.

Evn in tests which he plays must be bowled wisely overbowling him will only cost us in the longer run

We badly missed someone like Umesh,Shami here who would have lessened his burden

Ishant remains injured mostly now,we have to look for atleast 3-4 pacers ready Tyagi,Mavi,Prasidh,Kuldeep Sen,Porel etc have that potential

Kartik Tyagi has the potential to be the next devastating Indian pacer, believes Ian Bishop

author

SportsCafe Desk

01/26/2021

Former Windies pacer Ian Bishop believes that Kartik Tyagi, who was a net bowler in Australia, has the potential to be the next great Indian pacer, owing to his ability to swing the ball at pace. 

He is quicker than I expected, and he has an aggressive streak to his bowling. If he can control that aggression mindset in addition to streamlining his run-up and angle of delivery on the crease, he could be a handful. But again, it comes back to some of the criteria that we outlined above as to how young players develop and are managed. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/sportscafe.in/v/s/sportscafe.in/cricket/articles/2021/jan/26/kartik-tyagi-has-the-potential-to-be-the-next-devastating-indian-pacer-believes-ian-bishop/amp%3famp_js_v=0.1&usqp=mq331AQHKAFQArABIA%3D%3D#ampf=

30 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

England are blessed,they have all the bases covered

Have potential to rule world cricket like those 2 ATG sides

England have just 1 batsman averaging 40+. If Root is out of form, their batting will look weak.

Quicker bowlers like Wood and Stone are injured more often than not. I have never seen two 140 k+ pacers playing together for them in tests.

And their spinners are very average.

Till they overcome these issues, their doing well consistently will depend a lot on Root, Stokes, Anderson and Broad.  And the 2 seamers are on their last legs.

Edited by express bowling
On 2/10/2021 at 4:09 PM, Jay said:

Tyagi porel prasidh are all destined to be great bowlers ala boom and shams.

Agree about Kartik Tyagi and Prasidh.

Porel is atleast 8 k slower than international pace bowler. He is more of a inswing line n length trundler. I would rate Deepak chahar Mavi Prasidh even khaleel and few more ahead of him.

I am sure porel won't be selected for india 11. Nattu being a trundler was selected due to his exceptional Yorker skills mainly in shorter form.

I did see nattu going upto 136k + too.