Rahul Gandhi : "People who go to temples molest women"

seedhi

So i heard Rahul put his name in the non-muslim area. I am against the idea of Hindu temple or any temple asking the religion of someone before entering. I know not all the temples do and they might do the same thing in some Church or Mosque too but I just don’t like the practice of asking someone’s religion to enter one of the temples or church etc.

I personally do not get offended as I hardly go to these places and have never been asked for my religion regardless of where I have entered, whether Hindu Temple, Gurudwara or Church or Mosque, but some places asking for your religion just totally looks and sounds weird. Why would you even asks that if you are open to all the religions and this is for all the religions.

On 8/23/2014 at 9:26 AM, Muloghonto said:
You know lunacy is off the charts if people cannot figure out the difference between an innocuous metaphor and hate speech.

I gotto agree, this is poor headline generating. I honestly dont see whats wrong in saying 'the rapists and murderers amongst us are just normal people like us..they go to churches and temples too'. Thats pretty much what he said and any 5 year old can see what he is saying has nothing to do with temples or all people who go to temples but has everything to do with the despicables.

why do you think he did not include mosques ? he should have said temples churches mosques gurudwaras synagogues monasterys  basadi's, to be safe.

Desh ka neta (as described by crony media)- who does not know what to say and how to say it. And there are people who project him as PM material. 

I really wonder how the well educated people in his party tolerate the rubbish that he utters every now and then which then his party members are dutifully required to defend.

Edited by insideedge

22 hours ago, Vilander said:

why do you think he did not include mosques ? he should have said temples churches mosques gurudwaras synagogues monasterys  basadi's, to be safe.

He should've said that, but it depends on whether one takes the word 'mandir' to literally meaning Hindu/Jain/Buddhist temples only or a generic term of worship centre. I know in bengali, we use 'mondir' to specifically mean Hindu temple only but then again, Bengal has a strong Islamic influence. I don't know if Hindi has the same delineation in common usage or if it is as generic as the word 'church' is in English- yes, it 'technically' means Christian place of worship, but when English speakers say 'separation of church and state', its not that they just want to single out Christians and its ok for other religions to meddle in the government...

It is such a lost case that we cannot even contemplate the very existence of congress without gandhi as a president. If this party does some cleansing work and move itself to little left-center of the equation then we need them for maintaining the democratic fabric intact. At this moment the situation is really appalling where we do not have any challenge to Right-Center party like BJP. Extreme right options like SS are also thrown out. Same is true about extreme left like Communists. Neither are coming back. If congress moves away from appeasement politics then it will force BJP to change quickly and we will have healthy politics.

I still regret the existence of AAP. The biggest disappointment of the century. AK had things ready on a platter and what did he do? Completely mess up for himself and any such ideology for the coming future. People will not believe anyone now.

46 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

He should've said that, but it depends on whether one takes the word 'mandir' to literally meaning Hindu/Jain/Buddhist temples only or a generic term of worship centre. I know in bengali, we use 'mondir' to specifically mean Hindu temple only but then again, Bengal has a strong Islamic influence. I don't know if Hindi has the same delineation in common usage or if it is as generic as the word 'church' is in English- yes, it 'technically' means Christian place of worship, but when English speakers say 'separation of church and state', its not that they just want to single out Christians and its ok for other religions to meddle in the government...

i did not expect a serious response for that from you. But appreciate the effort and you are right he probably ment it 'place of workship' but since its his responsibility as leader of opposition party, he should have said 'Mzjid ya Mandir' at the minimum, cant appease peacefuls everywhere. 

On 8/24/2014 at 4:06 PM, coffee_rules said:

He said ' those who go to temples and worship goddesses, also tease women in buses'. Serious twisting of words.

Exact quote above.... Seriously can someone who doesn't know his stupidity/oratory skills interpret any other way?

On 8/20/2014 at 10:29 PM, The Outsider said:

I don't see anyone raising a hue and cry when phrases like 'Nau sau choohe kha kar billi haj ko chali' or 'Mullah ki daud masjid tak are used'.

Its "Mian Ki Daud, Masjid Tak".  "Mian" is more casual to refer a Man, The man could be any one, Hindu or Muslim, But Mian is mostly any man.

but  "Mullah", It means religiously educated Muslim.

Just an observation. I know it was not unintentional, you know was not unintentional, but thought, i will enlighten other  :biggrin:

Lage Raho Mughal-E-Aazam