Rohit Sharma return to action Red carpet thread

maniac

1 hour ago, Adi_91 said:

That's Maggie's 'elegance' when playing the ball like a lazy man. 

As far as I know flare means a sudden burst of light, I fail to see how that's relevant to Rohit's elegance.

Flare may also mean widening in shape. Seems relevant if we are talking about Rohit's girth.

Edited by philcric
7 hours ago, philcric said:

As far as I know flare means a sudden burst of light, I fail to see how that's relevant to Rohit's elegance.

Flare may also mean widening in shape. Seems relevant if we are talking about Rohit's girth.

A flare does not last for more than a few minutes, at times even seconds  and is very noticeable during its short existence. Seems a perfect analogy for Rohit the test batsman.        :biggrin:

7 hours ago, express bowling said:

A flare does not last for more than a few minutes, at times even seconds  and is very noticeable during its short existence. Seems a perfect analogy for Rohit the test batsman.        :biggrin:

Lets say not only test but any testing condition, u give him grass, pitch with movement or even a rank turner in odi n t20 9 out of 10 times he would struggle and that one time also he ll be needing some help from fielder to drop his catches. Asia cup, T20c wc were prime example after his brilliant form in Aus, Same happ when he scored his double ton n went to Sa n NZ. As the guy is lazy on his fitness the affects wont be seen now but let him cross the age of 30-31 and the affect would be seen on reflexes. 

Since i dnt wanna hear the word Hater ill give credit to him where he deserves give him a Patta and average bowling attack in Odi's and he is the best batsman of our team even above kohli in past 2-3 yrs. But with his gifted ability he shouldnt take it as a compliment. 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03

It is a pretty cool random fact that most Mumbai players pick a different skill before they find their calling at the international level

Ravi Shastri started off as a Left Arm SPinner and then became a moderately successful opening batsman.

Ajit Agarkar started as a pure batsman and then became a wonderful LOI bowler,infact one of our quickest bowlers.

And the biggest names of them all

Sachin wanted to be a fast bowler till he got rejected by MRF foundation and then became the game's greatest batsman and

Rohit started as an offspinner to mesmerize the world with his pure talent and sheer class and shatter some unbelievable records

Mumbai cricket :hatsoff:

Edited by maniac

2 back to back 30+ scores.....this is like the calm before the storm in ODI's when he was playing the little apprehensive 30's and 40's before he became an ATG in the format scoring 150+ scores for fun.

I think he bought a few more innings with his last 2 knocks at least till the end of the Indian home season.

Also we have only 4 bowlers this game,so chance to show his world-class off spin as well.

And the fact people forget is Rohit is a world-class fielder,our Test fielding has been a let down and his fielding can save atleast 20-30 runs and world class catching a further 30-40 more runs.

2 hours ago, maniac said:

2 back to back 30+ scores.....this is like the calm before the storm in ODI's when he was playing the little apprehensive 30's and 40's before he became an ATG in the format scoring 150+ scores for fun.

I think he bought a few more innings with his last 2 knocks at least till the end of the Indian home season.

Also we have only 4 bowlers this game,so chance to show his world-class off spin as well.

And the fact people forget is Rohit is a world-class fielder,our Test fielding has been a let down and his fielding can save atleast 20-30 runs and world class catching a further 30-40 more runs.

WTF?  Make him 12th man for his fielding.  Even Rohit bhakt has to admit his brain-fart has put India in a tough spot in this test match.  From 250-odd for 5 to 300 all out.  One good session for Kiwis with the bat and they will be sitting pretty with a sizeable lead.  Hard for us to attack with proper catchers also, with a 100 runs short.  Chu sala.  Failure or getting out is not the problem, its the repeated stupidity that's the problem.  How many times has he been caught going over the top?  I'm ashamed to say I was a big fan of his from 2007 to about 2014.  Kalank on Bombay batsmen, is Rohit Sharma.  

He has no technique no Temperament......somedays its technique n other days its temperament that cost him his wkt. Even his recent 30-40 was alsoe when lives were given. His weight shows his lack of hard work.

He had a golden chance today like many occasion before to be a hero, yet he choose not to be. There are players sitting out who are waiting for that one chance not unlike him who keeps throwing them. 

There are two types of player great n avg, great players make use of chances watever they get and avg begs for chances .

Again i ask the Ques- What happen to earning chances, why gifting chances. Is that how we ll become no-1 side. Havent we learned anything from the great Aussie side. 

Honestly i fear if this guy scores coz that gives him a lifeline of 20 more test to screw us. Why is so many chances given to him so he scores one big 100 in 15 test in easy condition ,make 30-40 after 3-4 test & and throw his wkt every time a team needs him. If he is there to score 30-40 binny n mishra can do that and give some overs as well. Confusing Odi n test cricket are u serious, i can take a snapshot of his same shots in Odi n test and show how fields in Odi let him survive whereas same poor technique cost him his wkt.

Poor temperamant - Nottingham, delhi, Today, Adeilade, Sydney, whole SA series how many more example does one need. Throwing his Wkt in 83 over the day, dude 7 over were left how stupid are u playing that sought of shot. The guys doesnt even know when to play for lunch or end of the day and he is being given chances after chances to do make 30-40. 

Cs-qVzwVYAAvUXt.jpg

To Rohit Sharma,

Have some respect for someone atleast who is backing u against all odds, coz once he looses hopes on you God help u. Atleast show some effort in Loosing weight when ur captain set such high standards and atleast dont throw ur wkts like that at such crucial point when ur captain is fighting for u .

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
1 hour ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

He has no technique no Temperament......somedays its technique n other days its temperament that cost him his wkt. Even his recent 30-40 was alsoe when lives were given. His weight shows his lack of hard work.

He had a golden chance today like many occasion before to be a hero, yet he choose not to be. There are players sitting out who are waiting for that one chance not unlike him who keeps throwing them. 

There are two types of player great n avg, great players make use of chances watever they get and avg begs for chances .

Again i ask the Ques- What happen to earning chances, why gifting chances. Is that how we ll become no-1 side. Havent we learned anything from the great Aussie side. 

Honestly i fear if this guy scores coz that gives him a lifeline of 20 more test to screw us. Why is so many chances given to him so he scores one big 100 in 15 test in easy condition ,make 30-40 after 3-4 test & and throw his wkt every time a team needs him. If he is there to score 30-40 binny n mishra can do that and give some overs as well. Confusing Odi n test cricket are u serious, i can take a snapshot of his same shots in Odi n test and show how fields in Odi let him survive whereas same poor technique cost him his wkt.

Poor temperamant - Nottingham, delhi, Today, Adeilade, Sydney, whole SA series how many more example does one need. Throwing his Wkt in 83 over the day, dude 7 over were left how stupid are u playing that sought of shot. The guys doesnt even know when to play for lunch or end of the day and he is being given chances after chances to do make 30-40. 

Cs-qVzwVYAAvUXt.jpg

To Rohit Sharma,

Have some respect for someone atleast who is backing u against all odds, coz once he looses hopes on you God help u. Atleast show some effort in Loosing weight when ur captain set such high standards and atleast dont throw ur wkts like that at such crucial point when ur captain is fighting for u .

When was the last time he played a continuous test series from start to Finish?

Chopping and Changing will give rise to such debates......give him a full series run and then make a decision...already has 2 back to back decent scores so may be the next 5 tests.

Let him fail in every game of the series...I will apologize to you personally.

He played 2 innings in WI....failed in 1 due to a jaffa fair enough still failed but his innings made him the MVP as to why we could declare early and seal the deal.....Played OK today.

Why are you blaming 1 batsman for a collective failure when everyone couldn't kick on? He made 35 valuable runs....You want Don Bradman to bat at No.6 ?

I still have hope but as I said time is ticking.......9 more innings to go.

28 minutes ago, maniac said:

When was the last time he played a continuous test series from start to Finish?

Chopping and Changing will give rise to such debates......give him a full series run and then make a decision...already has 2 back to back decent scores so may be the next 5 tests.

Let him fail in every game of the series...I will apologize to you personally.

He played 2 innings in WI....failed in 1 due to a jaffa fair enough still failed but his innings made him the MVP as to why we could declare early and seal the deal.....Played OK today.

Why are you blaming 1 batsman for a collective failure when everyone couldn't kick on? He made 35 valuable runs....You want Don Bradman to bat at No.6 ?

I still have hope but as I said time is ticking.......9 more innings to go.

Give that stupid excuse to Kl rahul who performed whenever got a chance. Wasnt he benched whole Sa series and WI 1 test. Rohit hasnt been benched any series yet Rahul has 3 overseas 100 which rohit could only dream of

Rohit got 4 test continous, batting above rahane every did better and he had to sit out. = 8 innings, what great did he do 

5 continous test from Aus 4th test to SL end series , was extremely below avg 5 test = 10 innings. 

Chopping changing- That excuse shudnt that make him more focussed on game rather he is throwing wkts in every imp situation possible. Putting weight when a guy like ashwin has started diving. This guy has gone gud to worst. 

The number of times he has thrown wkts like an idiot and lack of inetent which shows in his paunch, arent u ashamed for even asking for a chance of 10 innings.

Don bradman- dnt even put that name with him, 35 runs that can be even scored by binny n mishra. They ll give u overs as well. What use is he of after he throws wkt. Threw wkt today, Duleep trophy, Practice match, Has he learned anything to demand more games

Why m i blaming 1 batsman, its not about today and u wanna compare other batsman ok lets compare every has done something in their test career even dhawan what has this guy done till now. They all wud fail but this guy only fails. Im insulting someone like Binny who has saved a test match In eng and in same series this guy threw his wkt before lunch being a proper batsman. Talk about chopping and changing to binny 

9 more innings, for what. Is he going to have an avg of 70 in 20 test top cover his crap doing of 1st 20 test. Aint happeinig with that poor technique and temperament. Take most big players career out scored when given a chance. 

Werent u one u asked for 8 innings- what great did he do in last 5-6 innings including duleep n practice game. Same old crap, has he learnt a shit Noooooooo. even if he scores a 100 in next innings his cumulative would still be Dabba......

Now he gets 9 innings, surely till 60th test he ll get a 100, too bad 3-100s in 60 test would still be crap

Foul decison, i dnt see u cry when he gets dropped so many times in his double hundred or when he got dropped in WI innings twice, the guy makes to many error in his 30-40 also. No wonder gud sides destroy him. 

Excuses Excuses Excuses..............Thank god a player like KL rahul came up to show the diff between someone who makes excuses and someone who thrives on that one chance.

The guy's biggest failure is he's called still talented after 9 yrs whereas he should have been permanent stay in team or someone mentoring youngsters like Kohli. 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
4 hours ago, sandeep said:

WTF?  Make him 12th man for his fielding.  Even Rohit bhakt has to admit his brain-fart has put India in a tough spot in this test match.  From 250-odd for 5 to 300 all out.  One good session for Kiwis with the bat and they will be sitting pretty with a sizeable lead.  Hard for us to attack with proper catchers also, with a 100 runs short.  Chu sala.  Failure or getting out is not the problem, its the repeated stupidity that's the problem.  How many times has he been caught going over the top?  I'm ashamed to say I was a big fan of his from 2007 to about 2014.  Kalank on Bombay batsmen, is Rohit Sharma.  

Totally agree, M ashamed to i was one of his biggest fan once. N always wanted him to get that extra chances. Even i always felt he shud have given a chance ahead of kohli in test but have to say this i found myself an idiot after years of watching his poor attitude be it with his loud mouth, drop in fitness or 0 game plan. 

Infact Now his attitude boils me up, Same stupidity n no respect for chances he is getting by putting in no hardwork. No other player would have gotten these many chances if failed or if done well would hve achieved a lot more than him. 

Even yuvi was way better than this guy in test cricket, infact miles miles miles ahead.........

Edited by Ankit_sharma03

Rohit is already 13 in the most 6's hit by a Indian batsman in tests,he is done that in 19 tests

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?class=1;filter=advanced;orderby=sixes;team=6;template=results;type=batting

2 More 6's and he will overtake Yuvraj,Dravid,Amarnath and Shastri.

6's Per innings he is probably right up there.

He is the only player who has >1.0 6 per match stat and that too after 19 games

Edited by maniac