T20 squad for WC

The most likely 11 - Dhawan, Rohit, Kohli, Raina, Yuvi, Dhoni, Pandya, Jadeja, Ashwin, Bumrah and Nehra 

IF everyone is playing well, it is a strong team esp. for conditions in Ind. Raina, Yuvi and Pandya will share the 5th bowlers' job + a few more overs if required 

Also this is likely to be the last ICC tourney for Dhoni, Yuvraj and Nehra 

Next ICC limited overs events:

• 2019 - ODI WC in Eng
  • 2020 - WT20 in Aus 

So we will start to rebuild soon and hopefully likes of Aaron, Kuldeep, Panday, etc. will get a consistent run to prove themselves :--D

Edited by rett

Disagree with you on Dhawan and Rahane - Rahane can do what Kohli does for us in T20s, anchor us at around 125 SR with a high degree of consistency.  We don't need him since our top 3 are firing, so he rides the bench.  What has Mayank Agarwal done to impress you so much?  Where was he in Mushtaq Ali trophy? Hardik Pandya lit it up on a consistent basis and made the team.  BCCI does a lot of things wrong, but on the selection front, the path for batsmen is clear and consistent.  Make your way into the team on the back of consistent quality performances.  Shreyas Iyer has done quite a bit last year, and should be next in line, but again its not as if he set the world on fire in the last couple of months.  

You don't just discard proven performers to chase flavor of the month - and thank god our selectors don't do that paki-style nonsense.  

mayank agrarwal is failure  in ipl. Shreyas iyar is good batsman but he also a 125 sr batsman little bit better than rahane but rahane is consistent nd experience .

Should have included a leggie,chahal or mishra any day over bhajji.why is rahane again selected? Both him and dhawan are misfits in t20 ,dhawan will be back to tuk tuking again,that is why only 1 of them should have been selected.

Any one of Iyer,pandey or agarwal could have been selected and asked to open.

All in all its a decent squad for home conditions,lot depends on the top order and raina

Afridi himself doesn't pick himself to open the innings in T20.  He's Pak captain, why does he come in at #6 and have Mr Selfie and some other useless batsmen open the batting for his country?  Is it because he thinks Naqli Kohli is better than him?  

you does not seem to understand these points.

yuvrajs selection is bad coz he looks completely out of sorts and also looks unfit for international matches.

rahanes selection is bad coz if yuvraj fails, rahane at 5 or 6 will be a big liability.

shamis selection is bad coz he has not played for 1 full year

bhajis selection is not fully bad considering he can bowl very tight but I would have preferred mishras guile (especially his googly) against teams like nz, eng and sa whom we might play 3 genuene spinners.

Work in progress 11 for the WT20

So far based on performances in the 2nd T20 vs SL, the following line up could shape up well:

1-3: Dhawan, Rohit and Kohli --> The guys most likely to bat for most of the overs 

4-5: Raina and Pandya --> Both of them are big hitters. Would be esp. useful if they come in with 5-6 overs to go .... And both of them can combine to operate as the 5th bowler too

6: Dhoni --> If chasing, his experience would be useful at this slot

7. Still open in my book --> Yuvi  (or Negi or 3rd seamer if required esp. if the top 4 are in great form) 

8. Jadeja (or Negi)

9. Ashwin

10. Nehra

11. Bumrah

Ofc, the 11 is work in progress as there is still Asia Cup to go before the WT20

We are trying  to test our brand new cricket app during the India vs Sri Lanka T20I to be played tomorrow. It is still in alpha stages. It asks you questions related to a live cricket match. Please help us to get ready and give it a try. Meanwhile you can also win exciting prizes by participating in the context during next T20I.

Please provide your feedback regarding your experience (preferably after playing tomorrow's game on this app) to android-developer@game.tv
Please feel free to share the link with your friends and family. Some of the prizes offered in yesterday's match are: Mi Pad tablet, 2 TB USB 3.0 HardDisk, amazon gift vouchers :) Thanks.

http://game-tv.kickoffpages.com/?kid=8FZZ5

1 Rohit

2. Dhawan

3. Kohli

4. Raina

5 Yuvi 

6: Dhoni

7. Negi or Hardik

8. Jadeja

9. Ashwin

10. Nehra

11. Bumrah

In Indian conditions, I would go in with 5 batsmen +Dhoni and 5 bowlers.

Jadeja, Ashwin, Nehra and Bumrah are certainties to play unless there is a massive loss of form which leaves slot 7 open.

Im not sure Yuvi can win a game for us anymore or attack with the big shots at the death. So for me its a race between Hardik and Negi.

I would give Negi the chance to win a spot during the Asian Cup. But Hardik is definitely ahead of Negi at this stage.

Edited by SRT100

Amit Mishra should have been selected, WC is in India, so a Leg spinner will provide a good option and variety to the bowling attack.

Yeah Amit Mishra should be in for Harbajan. With Off Spinner Ashwin in your side Dhoni will not go for that old fellow.  

CT in 2017..

I want dhoni to stay as keeper and pass on the torch to virat after this T20 WC. He will get time to prepare for 2018 t20i wc and mainly 2019 WC

Definitely, Dhoni has the option to continue as a keeper batsman .... Virat is seen as someone who uses fast bowlers more aggressively which can be crucial in tournaments outside of the sub continent  

Edited by rett

Breaking the Indian squad down:

a) Batsmen only: Dhawan, Rohit, Kohli and Rahane (Rahane likely a cover for the top order)

b) Batsmen who can bowl a few overs of spin: Raina and Yuvi

c) Batsmen who can bowl a few overs of seam: Pandya

d) WK: Dhoni

e) Spinners (many of them can bat a bit too): Ashwin, Jadeja, Negi and Harbhajan (so Negi and Bhajji appear to be covers for Jadeja and Ash respectively) 

f) Seamers: Nehra, Bumrah and Shami(?) (3rd seamer will most likely warm the benches. Dhoni did not even play a 3rd seamer on a relatively green pitch) 

So 4 players likely to sit out more often than not - Rahane, Negi, Harbhajan and Shami(?)

May be the selectors could have been more creative and picked at least an impact or a different type of player such as Kuldeep, Mishra, Aaron, Panday, etc.

Edited by rett