A note to non- Indian Team Fans

zen

Decision making in this forum is as slow as our judiciary.

We don't ban posters. We warn them. And warn them. Vicious cycle.

+1

In cases like Bangladesh fan.

To add to Rett's list.

In the Tashkin chucking thread ,he made a derogatory remark aimed at Indian girls...I edted the post and the next post had him calling the editing moderator pig.I deleted that post too.

+1

To add to Rett's list.

In the Tashkin chucking thread ,he made a derogatory remark aimed at Indian girls...I edted the post and the next post had him calling the editing moderator pig.I deleted that post too.

That should result in immediate ban even if temporary...

First of all, I love the comments of many of the non-Indian Team fans. However, there are quite a few posters who just come here to troll or spread hatred. So below is a note to these type of posters: 

1. Understand what the term ICF stands for. This is a site dedicated primarily to the Indian cricket and its fans so it is going to be biased

2. Forum is a community. This place is like a community so act as if it is one and within its parameters. It is everyone's responsibility to keep a community clean. If someone is littering the community, you ask that person to clean up and not act as if littering is a right

3. India is secular. Please don't try to equate things from an Islamic country's perspective where people could be judged based on religion only. Yes, Ind could have such people too but no one is claiming Ind is a perfect country. The majority is cool  

4. Don't expect everyone to be diplomatic. Many of us are diplomatic enough in the real world. We come here to express our opinion on cricket and rival teams and their fans without worrying about how we sound all the time. If your team and its fans are spoken off in low terms accept it sportingly remembering what ICF stands for or prove why they are not without resorting to abuses

5. ICF only posters. Remember that many of us don't post to troll on your team's forums.  Many Indian fans (ICF or non-ICF) could be trolling at your sites but you don't have to try to reciprocate here. Deal with those trolls on your sites. Please don't come here to show us the mirror or to put us in place. We have nothing much to learn from you

Welcome to the community! 

The absolute hypocrisy and double standards of this thread is nauseating.

So here's the reality

I have NEVER seen a non-Indian poster come and start trolling. Usually they come, they will post their opinion, then their country is abused and they are called names. Soon they will have no option other than trolling

India is secular? Yes the same posters have no problems demeaning other religions, using names like Porki regularly. Hypocrites

Don't expect people to be diplomatic? Yet always expect people from other nations to be diplomatic and never say a word against India or posters?

What is trolling? When some poster here says India will thump other countries easily, it is a great post. When a Sri Lankan says that, it becomes trolling. Regular posts like calling someone minnows, etc are truth. When someone replies with their own banter it is trolling. 

Let's stop the pretense and holier than thou attitude. Out of all the forums out there, Pakistanis, Australian, Bangladeshi, there is no doubt this is the worst in terms of proper discussion and inclusion of countries. You can use as many excuses  of this being primarily an Indian forum, but even Bangladeshi forums with their biased fans give more chance to non-Bangla posters and have better discussion than on here

You want it to be an Indian centric forum , that is fine. Then just bar posters from other countries. Just stop the pretense already. This post is the most nauesating in terms of how far from truth the reality is. The reality is that other posters, even from India who have contrary views are hounded and abused. A sri Lankan poster saying one word will be down voted to oblivion. Other country posters are ganged on and bullied and the mods do nothing

And after all this, this poster claims it is other posters who need to maintain decorum and completely ignores the bullying his friends do which makes those posters have no other option than trolling. But they are Indians so it is ok

i don't understand whether you are genuinely so deluded or actually cannot see the reality of what happens on here.This site is nothing but an echo chamber with the same spammers posting very similar things in each thread. Anyone saying even one contrary view is immediately down voted. Posters from other countries are ALWAYS bullied and the mods do nothing about it. If an Indian uses porkis, or call players chuckers randomly, they are being truthful. If a poster from another country even claims that Harbhajan is suspicious or there team is better it is trolling

Apna gyan apne pass rakh. This is like corrupt politicians lecturing that others should not be corrupt. And I am ready to be called Pakistani and a troll now

+1

To add to Rett's list.

In the Tashkin chucking thread ,he made a derogatory remark aimed at Indian girls...I edted the post and the next post had him calling the editing moderator pig.I deleted that post too.

There was a post about Bangla girls here. I hope you took similar action on it. The habit of looking the other way when Indian posters do the same thing and use words like porki etc should stop. The reason old/new posters from other country do it is because looking at most threads it seems ok to do it as Indian fans do this all the time

BTw, I doubt that poster was Bangla, he is most probably Pakistani. There are no doubts troll who come to ever site and they should be banned immediately. But on here even good posters are forced to become trolls after abuse and the clear double standards of mods

I agree, I have seen this guy's posts, what he does cannot be justified as banter or even trolling, most of his posts have nothing remotely to do with cricket, I am new here but isn't what he's doing here grounds for banning. What exactly is he adding to the discussions anyway?

I would guess so .... He is probably coming here to feel good about himself for taking on the ICFers who in his opinion are the evil people bullying everyone in the subcon

Edited by rett

First of all, thank you for the entertainment! 

Since you took some time to write this longish post / rant, I will respond this time however comical and off the mark your opinion might be:

The absolute hypocrisy and double standards of this thread is nauseating.

So here's the reality

I have NEVER seen a non-Indian poster come and start trolling. Usually they come, they will post their opinion, then their country is abused and they are called names. Soon they will have no option other than trolling

What you are implying is your opinion and not necessarily a fact

India is secular? Yes the same posters have no problems demeaning other religions, using names like Porki regularly. Hypocrites

Countries such as Pak have labelled themselves as Islamic countries. So they are  officially discriminating against people of other religions. India is not a Hindu only nation so attacking Hindus only or Ind for its Hindus is an extension of their states' policy of discrimination 

(Also understand the difference b/w "some" Indian posters and "many" non-Indian Team fans)

Don't expect people to be diplomatic? Yet always expect people from other nations to be diplomatic and never say a word against India or posters?

Let me explain this by giving the example of a non-Muslim visiting a mosque. A non-Muslim visiting a Mosque is expected to respect what is going on out there. I don't think people would start trolling and saying why so many people have long beards, etc out there

Also at the Mosque, you are likely to find a discussion where people are talking about the superiority of Islam and how other religions don't stack up. There is no point for a non-Muslim to start trolling with those folks in a Mosque which is designed for these people to have such talks

There is also no point in expecting everyone in a mosque to be diplomatic. If you go to a mosque, you are expected to show some respect to the people of that religion. Remember that no one invited you to visit the Mosque, it is you who has taken that initiative to become a part of the proceedings out there .... If you have taken that initiative, the onus is on you to to try to blend with those who are supposed to be out there (same would apply to Indian posters posting on other teams' forums) 

And cricket is like a religion in Ind. ICF is one of the places where Indian cricket fans go to to have such discussions 

What is trolling? When some poster here says India will thump other countries easily, it is a great post. When a Sri Lankan says that, it becomes trolling. Regular posts like calling someone minnows, etc are truth. When someone replies with their own banter it is trolling. 

• See the response above (and this is ICF)
  • Most posters have a mix of good and bad posts (no one is perfect). The non-Indian trolls (the category being discussed is defined) usually only attack Indians Cricket Fans and the Indian Team
  • The number of Indian posters is high, but the percentage of posters who get involved with such comments is low. On the other hand, more posters of non-Indian teams get involved with trolling. And you will see that many of them will admit that they come here to troll while they will probably do proper discussions on their own team's forums 

For e.g.:

100 ICFers, 5 bad posters = 5% bad posters (only a fraction acts inappropriately) 

10 Non-Indian Team fans, 5 bad posters = 50% bad posters (a large fraction acts inappropriately) 

("Some" vs "Many")

Let's stop the pretense and holier than thou attitude. Out of all the forums out there, Pakistanis, Australian, Bangladeshi, there is no doubt this is the worst in terms of proper discussion and inclusion of countries. You can use as many excuses  of this being primarily an Indian forum, but even Bangladeshi forums with their biased fans give more chance to non-Bangla posters and have better discussion than on here

Again this is your opinion and you are free to go to other forums if you find them better or more welcoming to their non-team fans 

--> That Bangladeshi fans on Bangladeshi forums may appear less biased to you could be because of the high quality of posts and understanding shown by Indian posters 

You want it to be an Indian centric forum , that is fine. Then just bar posters from other countries. Just stop the pretense already. This post is the most nauesating in terms of how far from truth the reality is. The reality is that other posters, even from India who have contrary views are hounded and abused. A sri Lankan poster saying one word will be down voted to oblivion. Other country posters are ganged on and bullied and the mods do nothing

Already addressed

And after all this, this poster claims it is other posters who need to maintain decorum and completely ignores the bullying his friends do which makes those posters have no other option than trolling. But they are Indians so it is ok

Already addressed 

i don't understand whether you are genuinely so deluded or actually cannot see the reality of what happens on here.This site is nothing but an echo chamber with the same spammers posting very similar things in each thread. Anyone saying even one contrary view is immediately down voted. Posters from other countries are ALWAYS bullied and the mods do nothing about it. If an Indian uses porkis, or call players chuckers randomly, they are being truthful. If a poster from another country even claims that Harbhajan is suspicious or there team is better it is trolling

Already addressed 

Apna gyan apne pass rakh. This is like corrupt politicians lecturing that others should not be corrupt. And I am ready to be called Pakistani and a troll now

Appears as if I stepped on your tail :rotfl:

PS from you other post:

There was a post about Bangla girls here.

Again a "some" vs "many" argument. There are 1000s of ICFer, so if you are talking about 1 post, the percentage of such posters is low. As already mentioned, a large percentage of non-Indian Team fans get involved in making unwanted comments. So again that comparison is not apples to apples  .... And ofc there are tons of posts which praised BD girls, which offer a balance to the negative posts 

--> But if you are worried about such posts, feel free to discuss the topic on a separate thread

Since you unnecessarily drew parallels with a politician -  ironically, you are the one acting like the politicians who says "others did this, that, etc."  to alleviate the seriousness of a problem being discussed,help  escape responsibility and justify a particular action. Others did this or that does not imply that a particular problem should not be discussed 

--> Clear your concepts, get a better understanding of the scale, and learn the fact that correlation may not necessarily imply causation, etc. to be taken seriously! 

Thanks! 

Edited by rett

@Rett, I can see a total of less than 4 regular non-Indian posters on this site. So without even going into the points, why would you need to write such a huge post on non-Indian posters when the are non-existent? Trolls come on every site and are banned. This doesn't seem to be a problem on this site at all because of almost negligent non-Indian poster

So if you really wanted to improve the site, wouldn't it be better to address the main problem? And no, i disagree that it is a small % of people who attack any new/non-Indian poster. In fact, I will go ahead and say it is the norm here and not the exception. So if you really wanted to improve the site, then you should ask people to stay on point, stop attacking the poster and respond to the points themselves. 

There was a time when even the most heated debates here would include points and rebuttal without going personal. There would be people who would be complete opposite side of debates and yet both would be classy. You might claim time has changed and this is the twitter generation wth one liners and not enough patience for debate. However other sites still have classy debates even today. 

So basically non-Indians are not the biggest problem on this site. It is the lack of quality debate and because of trolls and kids even veterans don't bother to make good, well thought of posts as that won't be appreciated. 

@Rett, I can see a total of less than 4 regular non-Indian posters on this site. So without even going into the points, why would you need to write such a huge post on non-Indian posters when the are non-existent? Trolls come on every site and are banned. This doesn't seem to be a problem on this site at all because of almost negligent non-Indian poster

So if you really wanted to improve the site, wouldn't it be better to address the main problem? And no, i disagree that it is a small % of people who attack any new/non-Indian poster. 

Things are not as black and white as you assume them to be. One non-Indian team fan (let's call him N-ICF) poster can go to every thread and post negative comments on everyone and everything which can seriously impact the quality. Unfortunately, the fraction of such posters among N-ICF tend to be higher .... On the other hand, a bad ICF could be doing that but selectively on certain subjects so that may not impact everyone / everything that much

Logically, a large fraction of Indian cricket fans would come here to support and cheer for their team

In fact, I will go ahead and say it is the norm here and not the exception. So if you really wanted to improve the site, then you should ask people to stay on point, stop attacking the poster and respond to the points themselves. 

There was a time when even the most heated debates here would include points and rebuttal without going personal. There would be people who would be complete opposite side of debates and yet both would be classy. You might claim time has changed and this is the twitter generation wth one liners and not enough patience for debate. However other sites still have classy debates even today. 

So basically non-Indians are not the biggest problem on this site. It is the lack of quality debate and because of trolls and kids even veterans don't bother to make good, well thought of posts as that won't be appreciated. 

Since charity begins at home, you could start by following your own advise. Read your last few posts on this thread and see if you have been to the point or classy or not attacking others. Below is a sample of your statements made w/o much to back them up:

"Let's stop the pretense and holier than thou attitude. Out of all the forums out there, Pakistanis, Australian, Bangladeshi, there is no doubt this is the worst in terms of proper discussion and inclusion of countries."

"even Bangladeshi forums with their biased fans give more chance to non-Bangla posters and have better discussion than on here"

"this poster claims it is other posters who need to maintain decorum and completely ignores the bullying his friends"

"i don't understand whether you are genuinely so deluded or actually cannot see the reality of what happens on here.This site is nothing but an echo chamber with the same spammers posting very similar things in each thread. Anyone saying even one contrary view is immediately down voted."

"Apna gyan apne pass rakh. This is like corrupt politicians lecturing that others should not be corrupt. And I am ready to be called Pakistani and a troll now"

"But on here even good posters are forced to become trolls after abuse and the clear double standards of mods"

Edited by rett

I beg to differ on this issue.  I have been an active participant for many years and just a reader of this forum for many more. There were many nasty posts, personal attacks , complete lack of points in a debate etc. across years.

And even now, quite a few   to-the-point   debates go on.  It is actually picking up as more and more participants are returning and new ones joining after the  " break ".   Other highly active cricket forums are not any friendlier than ICF either.

However...any practical plans and steps to improve the quality of posts in ICF and reduce insults   ( of both Indian and non-Indian posters )  are always welcome and warranted .

any practical plans and steps to improve the quality of posts in ICF and reduce insults   ( of both Indian and non-Indian posters )  are always welcome and warranted .

Agree.

We can even stop twisting players names as it doesn't give good impression of site. (Except for IPL section, it will be unfair not to call Chuskies,Chickens,Susu kings etc...)

I agree with some comments, my observations

There is one guy who is hijacking this forum n disruptive , VIPER

This site also is getting more communal n religiously insensitive

We all know the trolls here

We also have 80% guys who R fans of cricket n R sensible,

Guys I ignore n R a nuisance , Thongale, VIPER, Laloo, Panther,MRavana, Panther n some trolls we know r here for mischief.

Guys I happen to acquaint n love to interact

RKt, VIshalvirsingh, ExpreeBowling,  n most other sorry if I missed any one

Also is disrespectful n bad calling names , Bhikari, beggars, Mullahs, Taliban, terrorist n it reflects on what kind of person u R n what we want this forum to be

Yes ,banter, debating is fun, calling Dhobi, Whingakara is to me fine but labelling a country, people, religion is not, lets k3ep it. Classy

It's about the trend. There will always be some who just want to troll.

But to make sure that some who are on fence, do not go same way, we need to set a trend on forum. This is applicable for both Indian and non-Indian posters.

Here is how it goes.

One guy posts something offensive. Other members, instead of reporting it and avoiding direct argument, just reply to the post and drag the issue. Others see what is going on the forum, think that it's ok to do mud-slinging. Then it's goes on for pages in thread. When mods warn users for this, they say I have seen worse on forum, everyone else is doing it, why am I being targeted and like this. 

Instead of arguing, if there is anything objectionable then it should be ignored and reported. Someone will take care of it. It's practically not possible for mods to read each and every post. 

If you try to keep forum clean, then it will certainly help everyone.

Read your post again and see if it makes any sense..Its " all fun" and "not a big deal" when you do the insulting but when I do the same it's "writing crap". How does that sound ? You can't change the definition of insulting according to your convenience. I'm all for everyone being able to say what ever they want but it has to be a level playing field . I have been banned once and warned twice..but the hate posters against SL just get upvoted.. fredom of expression, my foot. Again.i would not have made a big deal out of this thread, but the OP and some of his pals are looking to ban me and a few non indian posters who have a spine to reply the haters.. That is why I'm defending myself and if you want ro call it whining go ahead..

dont worry bro, we are with you. All pakistanis backing up sri lankans. that is the friendship we built. Haters can hate us or down vote us but we dont need to panick at all. This is their forum and whatever they do like insulting, trolling to other nations, their moderators don't mind at all because "that fun" is only for them. that's the difference.