This loss is to Dhonis account

Gambit

MS is going to be there till 2019 WC AND as captain. There is no doubt about it. It wasn't difficult to discern that in his press conference after the game. 

I guess we'll keep regressing and perform the way England did in the 2015 WC and then there would be some change
I wonder what our bowling line up would be under him in ODIs. Players like Aaron should just retire from ODIs. Don't see him being ever tried again in ODIs. 

2 minutes ago, MK55 said:

MS is going to be there till 2019 WC AND as captain. There is no doubt about it. It wasn't difficult to discern that in his press conference after the game. 

I guess we'll keep regressing and perform the way England did in the 2015 WC and then there would be some change
I wonder what our bowling line up would be under him in ODIs. Players like Aaron should just retire from ODIs. Don't see him being ever tried again in ODIs. 

We don't want to lose the best years of some of our fastest bowlers .... what would be the point in playing them once they have passed their peak so need to encourage them 

Edited by rett
11 minutes ago, kruiser said:

When we have hitters like raina, Pandya and pandey in team, why did Dhoni have to promote himself? why no message was sent out to rahane to hit out earlier?

I think message was sent, but bugger just couldn't hit :cantstop:

7 minutes ago, rett said:

We don't want to lose the best years of some of our fastest bowlers .... what would be the point in playing them once they have passed their peak so need to encourage them 

Absolutely. But like I said that's never gonna happen

29 minutes ago, chewy said:

I don't think there is much Dhoni could have done regarding bowling changes. Rahane slow poke innings didn't give India chance. 

Dew was too much, making Jadeja and Ashwin ineffective. Even when fielders diving on ground you could see water spraying off the grass.

Irony is, this two would have been deadly on the slow Eden Garden pitch.

Anyways lessons to learn for organisers next time, in T20, to give both teams even chances, things like dew factor need to be taken into account, either find method to remove it, or start earlier. 

Dhoni should have not come up the order. Dhoni could have used his bowlers better..

3 minutes ago, bulbul said:

2 Stupid Bangladeshi players not able to score even 1 run in 3 balls :laugh:

That had more to do with Bangladeshi premature ejaculation.

Edited by Ranjha
15 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

Limiting Australia to 160 odd after the start they had was good captaincy.

He didnt complete jadeja's overs in that match who was our best bowler while 2 right handers were already their but still credit.he made some blunders in the pak amd nzl match

I have seen dhoni captaincy closely for last 9 years but today some of the decision were very unlike dhoni 

1) not bowling ashwin in power play which he always does and knowing the fact that dew will ruin the game he kept spinner over until the end of the game.

2) promoting himself ahead of raina when raina is far superior than any Indian  player in this format 

3) bowling bumrah before the death over was a mistake by bowling him upfront westindies were able to take time and hit him freely without any pressure which they would have come under if it was a death over , very unlike dhoni to attack a batting team with pace bowler on a flat wicket.

4) asking rahane to open with Rohit was another mistake both take time to settle down and again it is very unlike dhoni to drop dhawan.dhoni is known for sticking to the same player  no matter what happens.

Ghe was forced to deny Pandey any batting chance lest he bats well and threatens his favorite players team position... Hence he came up the order tonight...

lets see see how many matches Pandey gets to play in future... That's where captain Dhoni will keep on hurting Indian cricket. He absolutely backs a certain set of players at the expense of more deserving players...

1 minute ago, asterix said:

Ghe was forced to deny Pandey any batting chance lest he bats well and threatens his favorite players team position... Hence he came up the order tonight...

lets see see how many matches Pandey gets to play in future... That's where captain Dhoni will keep on hurting Indian cricket. He absolutely backs a certain set of players at the expense of more deserving players...

Who is this favourite player?

1 minute ago, Ranjha said:

Who is this favourite player?

Raina... Dhoni believes that Raina should bat up the order so that he gets maximum batting exposure and chances of survival... If he's forced to play a player like Pandey, who was not selected in the squad itself then Dhoni will go to any lengths to deny Pandey any decent chance to perform... That's how Dhoni captaincy works... That's how he promotes his favorite players while keep denying chances to those who he doesn't likes...