Bhuvneshwar Kumar Fan Club

sandeep

9 hours ago, Vijy said:

since jan 2015, he has averaged around 36 - go check the stats. in 2017, he averages around 31. neither are particularly good, given that shami and bumrah have career avgs around 25.

its not jut about average. Even if he averages 30 and with the control he brings with overall ER around 5 and being good in death overs, he will be better than most we have. 

Swing or no swing, Bhuvneshwar pins New Zealand on the mat

www.google.co.in/amp/m.cricbuzz.com/amp/cricket-news/98019/swing-or-no-swing-bhuvneshwar-kumar-pins-new-zealand-cricket-team-on-the-mat

The sun was beating down hard and Bhuvneshwar was quick to realise that his favourite pistol - swing - won't have pellets here. So he took the hard way, of dodging his opponents, draining them out before taking them down. The first over had signs ominous. He would beat the bat on the outside and inside, also use his shoulder to catch the batsman by surprise with a steep bouncer. All it took India's ODI spearheard was ten balls to pick his first wicket. With little, or rather no movement on offer, Bhuvneshwar tied Martin Guptill down for room and forced an outside edge from an unplayable territory outside the off stump.

---------------------------------------

I hope now people will not call him a 'dependent on condition' bowler.

10 minutes ago, beetle said:

www.google.co.in/amp/m.cricbuzz.com/amp/cricket-news/98019/swing-or-no-swing-bhuvneshwar-kumar-pins-new-zealand-cricket-team-on-the-mat

The sun was beating down hard and Bhuvneshwar was quick to realise that his favourite pistol - swing - won't have pellets here. So he took the hard way, of dodging his opponents, draining them out before taking them down. The first over had signs ominous. He would beat the bat on the outside and inside, also use his shoulder to catch the batsman by surprise with a steep bouncer. All it took India's ODI spearheard was ten balls to pick his first wicket. With little, or rather no movement on offer, Bhuvneshwar tied Martin Guptill down for room and forced an outside edge from an unplayable territory outside the off stump.

---------------------------------------

I hope now people will not call him a 'dependent on condition' bowler.

why whoever wrote says that there was no movement? There was some green grass on the pitch and it helped bowlers seam the ball early on in the innings.

18 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

why whoever wrote says that there was no movement? There was some green grass on the pitch and it helped bowlers seam the ball early on in the innings.

cblogo.png

October 26 2017

prv_1508979844.jpeg
"When he comes in the death overs, Bhuvneshwar is the best bowler, best bowler I guess in the world" - Dhawan

"There wasn't any seam movement, that's what I think. I think we played the new ball well, better than them. There wasn't any movement but our bowlers bowled tight lines," Shikhar Dhawan told on Wednesday (October 26). On days when there is no movement, Bhuvneshwar uses his first asset - immaculate control - to the hilt. Bowling to Colin Munro, the pacer set the big-hitter up cunningly. There were three short balls in a row, all different in some way or the other. If one forced Munro to hop and defend, the other got him to duck while the other enticed him to play the pull. Munro had been pushed a feet back and just as the left-hander least expected the pacer to alter the length that had been working, he slipped in the newly developed knuckle ball that deceived the defenses to break the stumps. First blow had been delivered.

--------------------------

Shikhar dhawan was on the field almost through out the match. He must know what he is talking about.

Besides bhuvi doesn't just bowl early on these days. He bowls at the start, often a few overs in the middle and then bowls in the death.

2 minutes ago, beetle said:
cblogo.png

October 26 2017

prv_1508979844.jpeg
"When he comes in the death overs, Bhuvneshwar is the best bowler, best bowler I guess in the world" - Dhawan

"There wasn't any seam movement, that's what I think. I think we played the new ball well, better than them. There wasn't any movement but our bowlers bowled tight lines," Shikhar Dhawan told on Wednesday (October 26). On days when there is no movement, Bhuvneshwar uses his first asset - immaculate control - to the hilt. Bowling to Colin Munro, the pacer set the big-hitter up cunningly. There were three short balls in a row, all different in some way or the other. If one forced Munro to hop and defend, the other got him to duck while the other enticed him to play the pull. Munro had been pushed a feet back and just as the left-hander least expected the pacer to alter the length that had been working, he slipped in the newly developed knuckle ball that deceived the defenses to break the stumps. First blow had been delivered.

--------------------------

Shikhar dhawan was on the field almost through out the match. He must know what he is talking about.

Besides bhuvi doesn't just bowl early on these days. He bowls at the start, often a few overs in the middle and then bowls in the death.

There wasn't much movement when India batted but it was there when NZ batted on a fresh pitch.  Here i am only talking about author saying no movement.  There was definite movement with the new ball early on.  Bumrah got a wicket of KW LBW on a ball that seamed in after pitching, Bhuvi got the wicket of Guptil on a ball that seamed away.  So, saying there was no movement early on would be naivety. 

21 hours ago, Vijy said:

since jan 2015, he has averaged around 36 - go check the stats. in 2017, he averages around 31. neither are particularly good, given that shami and bumrah have career avgs around 25.

Death overs were a perennial problem which he and bumrah seem to have addressed.  His ability to keep runs down in the death overs is worth it's weight in gold.  Shami keeps getting injured and he is now being preserved for tests anyway.  Bhuvi along with bumrah represents are our best option

11 minutes ago, beetle said:

I missed his debut series against Pakistan or even CT  as I was still  getting over RDs retirement.:((

But once I became a fan ....I have been an all weather fan. 

Go Bhuvi.

Forget the nay-sayers and doubters.  I'm really looking forward to Bhuvi wreaking some havoc in SA - If we get lucky with a toss and conditions like the Lankans did here, I'm confident that Bhuvi will win us a test match in SA.   SA batting has a soft underbelly, especially against swing bowling.