Hardik Pandya is a better bowler in Limited Overs than Ben Stokes

sandeep

2 minutes ago, BCCI said:

Overall after watching him bat in the last one year ,one can safely conclude that he is a bowling all rounder.Cannot compare him to Stokes,even Woakes is a better batsman surely.

Yes stokes is Better bat . Not sure woakes is . 

Point is how will be as a batsman in 18 months time after constantly being in odi team and india set up

12 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Pandya will become a much better batsman if only he can drastically cut down on the  " fully-committed-heave-ho-all-or-nothing shot " 

With the kind of bats available these days, most batsmen go for percentage shots and still manage to hit big sixes

His slogs, in an attempt to hit 6s, are a bit in the nature of '80s and '90s sloggers.

Needs to change this aspect and he will be good to go as a No.7 batsman.

Agree but will learn and develop 

Relax guys, nobody predicted that he'll develop this well as a bowler. He'll develop his batting as well. In terms of raw talent, I think he's one of the most talented players in Indian cricket in the last decade or so. 

Much depends on his work ethic and determination to improve. I'll say this though that he'll be our best pace bowler in Champions Trophy. 

Good show by Hardik Pandya.

But still long way to go before can be a hero in ENGLAND (WC 2019). Ben Stokes will playing in Home conditions. So this HP vs BStokes comparison in WC2019 will be tougher for HP. Batting in ENG conditions will be tougher for HP.

Edited by fineleg
On 9/17/2017 at 11:32 AM, King Tendulkar said:

Yes yes he is 

:)

IIRC, early on this thread I was arguing against a bunch that had him bucketed as an average bowler who could bat a bit, that its his batting that's his stronger suit.   Time for @maniac to eat some serious crow.  While he waits for the likes of Ben Duckett and Jermaine Blackwood to demonstrate their amazing talents in test cricket.

The fact that Pandya has worked on adding a bit of variety to his bowling, and managed to bowl them well enough to snag a couple of wickets against Australia with something other than his stock, nippy, short of length, stuff made me happier than winning this one rain affected bilateral ODI.  

Apart from the "knuckleball" that got wickets, there was this one sequence where he bowled a quick short one to Stonis, and followed it up with a nice yorker.  Stoinis kept it out, but the mixing of lengths and the control that Hardik demonstrated in that sequence, was really good to see.  

Edited by sandeep
On 9/18/2017 at 7:44 AM, sandeep said:

:)

IIRC, early on this thread I was arguing against a bunch that had him bucketed as an average bowler who could bat a bit, that its his batting that's his stronger suit.   Time for @maniac to eat some serious crow.  While he waits for the likes of Ben Duckett and Jermaine Blackwood to demonstrate their amazing talents in test cricket.

The fact that Pandya has worked on adding a bit of variety to his bowling, and managed to bowl them well enough to snag a couple of wickets against Australia with something other than his stock, nippy, short of length, stuff made me happier than winning this one rain affected bilateral ODI.  

Apart from the "knuckleball" that got wickets, there was this one sequence where he bowled a quick short one to Stonis, and followed it up with a nice yorker.  Stoinis kept it out, but the mixing of lengths and the control that Hardik demonstrated in that sequence, was really good to see.  

What the fk? This idiot again

hey listen buddy...eat serious crow for what? I always said Pandya has a huge upside when he started but was "raw" something everyone felt during Wt20....the guy has improved leaps and bounds...so you pick one criteria where he has better t20 or odi bowling stats than stokes? And that is what you are gloating about :hysterical: 

well let let me say this as of now...Stokes is still on a much higher pedestal period...if your criteria is Pandya scored 5 runs more than Stokes when both were playing with diarrhea than sure keep those little wins lol.

the fact is Pandya has the tools to become the best allrounders in the world...almost good enough to be your 3rd seamer in tests(still a while to go) and can be 3rd seamer in LOIs hands down.

but right now Stokes and Shakib are a level higher given their test exploits and not so shabby performances in the LOI format.

Stokes is good enough to bat in the top4....Pandya is not....Pandya is still not a shoo in on his bowling alone even though he is almost there where as England can get by without Stokes bowling...so tough comparison.

If Pandya has overtaken Stokes a odi bowler than not a huge yardstick but as an allrounders he is still catching up.

5 hours ago, maniac said:

What the fk? This idiot again

hey listen buddy...eat serious crow for what? I always said Pandya has a huge upside when he started but was "raw" something everyone felt during Wt20....the guy has improved leaps and bounds...so you pick one criteria where he has better t20 or odi bowling stats than stokes? And that is what you are gloating about :hysterical: 

well let let me say this as of now...Stokes is still on a much higher pedestal period...if your criteria is Pandya scored 5 runs more than Stokes when both were playing with diarrhea than sure keep those little wins lol.

the fact is Pandya has the tools to become the best allrounders in the world...almost good enough to be your 3rd seamer in tests(still a while to go) and can be 3rd seamer in LOIs hands down.

but right now Stokes and Shakib are a level higher given their test exploits and not so shabby performances in the LOI format.

Stokes is good enough to bat in the top4....Pandya is not....Pandya is still not a shoo in on his bowling alone even though he is almost there where as England can get by without Stokes bowling...so tough comparison.

If Pandya has overtaken Stokes a odi bowler than not a huge yardstick but as an allrounders he is still catching up.

Pandya can easily bat in top 6.

On 1/22/2017 at 5:41 PM, King Tendulkar said:

Yes stokes is Better bat . Not sure woakes is . 

Point is how will be as a batsman in 18 months time after constantly being in odi team and india set up

Six months later Stokes is better bat and better bowler too. Its good that we are comparing him to Stokes who IMO is best and a genuine all rounder in current era. There is still big gap between Stokes and rest. For example in second last test against Windies , Stokes was nursing a injury and we know what happened. But in final test he was instrumental and most crucial in winning the match and series.

11 minutes ago, mishra said:

Six months later Stokes is better bat and better bowler too. Its good that we are comparing him to Stokes who IMO is best and a genuine all rounder in current era. There is still big gap between Stokes and rest. For example in second last test against Windies , Stokes was nursing a injury and we know what happened. But in final test he was instrumental and most crucial in winning the match and series.

this thread is about ODIs.  He did the same against SL in the test when he scored his debut 100.

Edited by rkt.india