Rahul Dravid’s K factor watch thread (formerly Kumble’s)

maniac

On Thursday, December 08, 2016 at 0:15 PM, jusarrived said:

I dont think anyone can debate if likes of Rahul , Nair and Pandey being picked for the Indian side . Karnataka has dominated domestic cricket lately cos of these guys .

Rahul is a star in the making , which is a general consensus I think hes still not finished product but could be the next big thing if he can calm his nerves.

Nair has questionable technique against swing bowling , but on the positive hes the best player of spin in India and has a good technique against short bowling and more importantly scores big hundreds . So thats a lot more positives than negatives .

Pandey is where I disagree with most people , I dont think he shuould be in the LOI side , hes a good player but I think hes bit of a misfit in the current side and we have too many players with similar or better LOI skills . I would rather have some one younger take his place too . As a test batsmen though , I feel he is a perfect batsmen for no6 position a real crisis player ..but then again the age factor . So a big NO for me here .

Forget the kumble factor , weather they are good enough are not we will find out soon ..but these guys deserved their chances much earlier than they got imo may be except for Rahul . Nair for all his flaws is 100 times the player Rohit will ever be he should have been in a year back , same with Pandey a consistent perfromar in domestic . Why on earth does Uthappa gets ignored consistently ?  

Infact in the Kar team , Gautham , Gopal and Agarwal are good enough to play for India . I wudnt pick Gowtham again for the age factor and Iam desperate to see pant play for us , but hes definitely better than Saha and without a doubt a better bat than Rohit .

Saaarr Are you from bangalore ?

Edited by Vilander

You cant really defend the selection of Vinay. But so has the selections of Dinda, Mohit or Nehra. The selections has been all rounder crap.

Maybe we wanted to lull the english batsman into a false sense of security by feeding all our useless lot during the practise games.Otherwise whether it was Kumble/Kohli/Selectors whoever selected these players should have their acumen questioned.We should have given a couple of youngsters a chance to see what they are capable of.

5 minutes ago, BeautifulGame said:

You cant really defend the selection of Vinay. But so has the selections of Dinda, Mohit or Nehra. The selections has been all rounder crap.

Maybe we wanted to lull the english batsman into a false sense of security by feeding all our useless lot during the practise games.Otherwise whether it was Kumble/Kohli/Selectors whoever selected these players should have their acumen questioned.We should have given a couple of youngsters a chance to see what they are capable of.

Exactly. Sran should have been given a chance. Really don't know why he disappeared (is he injured?).

9 minutes ago, BeautifulGame said:

I doubt Kohli would have had much to say on who to pick in India A squad as the squads for the warm ups would have been declared a while back and won't have changed at last minute when Kohli was announced as captain just two days before squad announcement. I think Kohli would have had his say though in the selection of player like Nehra who was kept in India's twenty20 squad for the series. It was reported earlier that Nehra would be returning and could play against England, and when Kohli became captain, he could have said no to his selection, but he probabaly wants one senior bowler in the shortest format since there is no Shami and that Nehra has done good in IPL and other twenty20s. 

He played yesterday just to gain some much practice to get ready for the twenty20s. He is not anywhere in Kohli's plan I believe to play for India again in 50overs. Same for other selections of Vinay and all, they were all pre decided probably and doubt Kohli would have anything to do with those selections. 

17 hours ago, maniac said:

Rayudu averages 50 in ODI's...yes people might question his game against quality attacks but has delivered every-time he got a shot....how would you justify Vinay?

57 matches 60 wickets @38.30

31 matches 38 wickets @37.40

Guess which one is Vinay and BK ? 

We have extremely high standards for batting , there is no way Rayudu should be anywhere near the team . I dont think Vinay should be either , but if you question his selection and on other hand think Rayudu should be there ...I think we all know why .

16 minutes ago, Vilander said:

one could make that out from your post. Swalpa regional mentalityinda horege banni.

There is nothing regional in that . Rahul and Nair deserve to be in the Indian side , Pandey not . Gopal and Agarwal are potentially good and should have a shot at some point . I would have said the same if these players where from TN or Triupra .

4 minutes ago, jusarrived said:

There is nothing regional in that . Rahul and Nair deserve to be in the Indian side , Pandey not . Gopal and Agarwal are potentially good and should have a shot at some point . I would have said the same if these players where from TN or Triupra .

sure thing, what ever feels right to you.

5 minutes ago, kruiser said:

@maniac Why did Kumble get Pant in the team? Not even A squad for warmups, but India team ahead of Karun or Uthappa? And why Nehra in place of Arvind? I think that is blatant injustice to his state-mates..

I am not judging....I am in fact a big fan of Kumble...just putting facts on the table....anyways good point. Karun is already established in tests for now,Rahul is established,Manish is getting chances deservingly and hope he establishes himself.....Now Vinay sneaks in...Uthappa's turn will come.

I am not a critic...I am just observing.

On 1/11/2017 at 0:55 AM, Vilander said:

@sandeep you should put an avatar pic dude, something that personifies your forum character or a caricature of it. Will make your posts more readable to those viewing the threads without having read your posts before.

Done.  For those who are not old-timers - "newsjunkie" was my original "handle", but when Ravi set up this site, he just used my email id to set up the user id, and I never got around to changing it.