Anderson questions Kohli technique

mishra

10 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

No, Botham match that you have mentioned where he got 10-fer.

yes it was grassy and Kapil by all accounts was matching Botham before Botham the batsman came to stop him.Century when your side is 58/5 and taking 13 wickets is one of the best performances in the history of cricket.Indian batting in India was made to look silly by him.

6 hours ago, Mystique_Myth said:

The media hasn't twisted anything and it was not the verdict interview that was reported. It was the post day press conference. He did said that Kohli didn't made any changes into his batting and it was the pitch that helped him which was not entirely true.

https://streamable.com/lq2l

Thanks for that video link.  @Stumped That's not media twisting.  That's Jimmy being a tool right there.  And while it may have "looked" a bit ugly, I think the Indian team were well within their rights to address it the way they did.  Anyway, as VK has said - no need to dwell on this, lets all move on.  Even Jimmy probably realizes that his choice of words and timing was poor.  

1 hour ago, rkt.india said:

I saw Frazer in his late years and he was not quicker than the current Anderson by any stretch of imagination who himself is in his late years neither frazer had any good bouncer and Depended a lot on outswing. A peak Anderson was one of the quickest bowlers around. On our tour to England in 2007 was, he was consistently around 88-90 mph. Those were his peak years in terms of pace.

Fraser was distinctly slower than Anderson and Cloudy's bouncers were much sharper too.....the only thing making Fraser  " faster " is the fact that he has retired.  Soon, we may hear that  Damien Fleming  was quicker than  Mitchell Starc.      :giggle:

Fraser or Caddick or Gough were nowhere near  Broad and Anderson even in England forget everywhere. Broad has this insane ability to run thru sides when he is on song.Anderson is absolute genius when ball is swinging  both conventional and reverse.He is not MJ who will blow you away but he is a great bowler no doubt it.He is by far the best bowler ever from England , I did not see Trueman or Barnes but this guy and this pair are great.

Caddick was overrated, and was no more than an average bowler. I have seen shitty bowlers being lauded by english media. There was this military medium left arm bowler, who was hailed as being wasim akram in the late 90's. It was laughable.

Gough was good. But not outstanding. Andy and Broad are spoilt brats who can perform when they are home.

Just now, Rightarmfast said:

Caddick was overrated, and was no more than an average bowler. I have seen shitty bowlers being lauded by english media. There was this military medium left arm bowler, who was hailed as being wasim akram in the late 90's. It was laughable.

Gough was good. But not outstanding. Andy and Broad are spoilt brats who can perform when they are home.

We have to be fair to them Anderson demolished Australia in Australia and Broad did South Africa in South Africa. Broad and Anderson might not  be top ten all time but they are exceptional bowlers.

9 minutes ago, putrevus said:

We have to be fair to them Anderson demolished Australia in Australia and Broad did South Africa in South Africa. Broad and Anderson might not  be top ten all time but they are exceptional bowlers.

Lolz, they are exceptional bowlers? You got to be kidding me. If this arse knows what he is speaking, he should know how bad he has performed himself. So he isnt that good a bowler, you see? if he cant perform on pitches which do not have ' pace and bounce'? 

And in all fairness, both broad and anderson arent the kinds who would give u the fright. Over the years, I have seen many a bowlers performing exceptional in their home grounds. I have NZ bowlers of the 90's bowl like devils in their own backyard. They were not called exceptional, were they?

2 hours ago, Mosher said:

Good to see Ashwin and Jaddu sledging Anderson for those comments about Kohli. This is the sort of thing that happened when someone said something to the Aussies. This does not make for pretty viewing but I am happy that the team is sticking together and giving it back when needed.

I agree! This is a great point about the Aussie team - all the great Aussie squads had this sense of togetherness (at least externally) and a pack mentality vs the opposition. I kind of like to see it, and I think it is a hallmark of recent great teams (including the England team that won the Ashes in Australia and beat us at home)

21 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Very good they may be, but they are not exceptional. And hw many times did Clouderson run through Aus in Aus? Not many, since his avg is around 40 there.

47 minutes ago, Rightarmfast said:

Lolz, they are exceptional bowlers? You got to be kidding me. If this arse knows what he is speaking, he should know how bad he has performed himself. So he isnt that good a bowler, you see? if he cant perform on pitches which do not have ' pace and bounce'? 

And in all fairness, both broad and anderson arent the kinds who would give u the fright. Over the years, I have seen many a bowlers performing exceptional in their home grounds. I have NZ bowlers of the 90's bowl like devils in their own backyard. They were not called exceptional, were they?

Then you have no idea of fast bowling, how many tests did any of those NZ bowlers win in UAE or SA or how many tests did they help win away from home.

Broad demolished SA in SA taking 18 wickets under 20 that is not just good that is phenomenal.Jimmy did very well in Australia and India last time. No one is saying they are greatest bowlers but to dismiss them as ordinary is just plain ridiculous.

You don't take 400 plus wickets and play 100 tests by being ordinary.

Edited by putrevus
24 minutes ago, sandeep said:

As much as I dislike Barbie - I will grudgingly acknowledge that if he were playing in place of clouderson, he definitely would have done better than him.

Barbie can be destructive on his day in many conditions, something that cannot truly be said of Sledgerson.

1 minute ago, putrevus said:

Then you have no idea of fast bowling, how many tests did any of those NZ bowlers did in UAE or SA or how many tests did they help win away from home.

Broad demolished SA in SA taking 18 wickets under 20 that is not just good that is phenomenal.Jimmy did very well in Australia and India last time. No one is saying they are greatest bowlers but to dismiss them as ordinary is just plain ridiculous.

You don't take 400 plus wickets and play 100 tests by being ordinary.

We too have bowlers who did great in 1 or 2 series. Bhuvi took 18 wickets last English series. Sreesanth in SA, Zak in England and others

36 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Fraser or Caddick or Gough were nowhere near  Broad and Anderson even in England forget everywhere. Broad has this insane ability to run thru sides when he is on song.Anderson is absolute genius when ball is swinging  both conventional and reverse.He is not MJ who will blow you away but he is a great bowler no doubt it.He is by far the best bowler ever from England , I did not see Trueman or Barnes but this guy and this pair are great.

Trueman? Barnes? Anderson's record is similar to Botham (who declined for many, many years). There were plenty of bowlers who did much better than him since the 50s - Statham, Snow, Willis, etc. to name a few. Even if go even back, then there's Bedser, etc. Andi will not be in the top 5 of Eng pacers of all time. Will probably be in top 12.

34 minutes ago, New guy said:

We too have bowlers who did great in 1 or 2 series. Bhuvi took 18 wickets last English series. Sreesanth in SA, Zak in England and others

None of them have taken 400 plus wickets or played over 100 tests.Bhuvi cannot even find place in the team regularly and if you are equating Bhuvi with them then I am afraid we do not have anything  else to discuss.

Zak was in same class as Broad and Anderson.

39 minutes ago, Vijy said:

Trueman? Barnes? Anderson's record is similar to Botham (who declined for many, many years). There were plenty of bowlers who did much better than him since the 50s - Statham, Snow, Willis, etc. to name a few. Even if go even back, then there's Bedser, etc. Andi will not be in the top 5 of Eng pacers of all time. Will probably be in top 12.

Are you kidding me Willis better than Anderson. John  Snow or Statham I totally forgot about them. Willis was fast bowler who did not have the weapons which Jimmy has in arsenal .Botham would have been greater if he had the same success he had when he started during second half of his career. Jimmy's biggest plus point is his longevity and effectiveness even at his age albeit in helpful conditions.