Who names their kid knowing that the name is that of a tyrant?

coffee_rules

Pinkvilla is as good as coming from Saif himself, everybody knows pinkvilla is PR news network of Bollywood actors, actresses, directors and producers, they don't post any news without consulting the PR team of actors. This is Saif's ways of poking the eyes of people and enjoying it:

Saif=WhatsApp=dp-Taimur-Ali-Khan.jpg?ito

"Today, we got our hands on Saif Ali Khan's WhatsApp display picture and it's too cute for words. He dedicated the picture to his little munchkin as the picture shows a baby boy riding a rocking horse with a crown on his cute head and a sword in his hand."

http://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainment/photos/369595/cute-little-nawab-saif-ali-khans-whatsapp-display-picture-dedicated-his

Sense ? @kabbirann and @Book_Worm go ahead and name your son adolf and see what happens while you are in Europe. Of course kabbirann is a congressi must be hurt after demonetization. Did you loose lot of black money ? Indians wants results with out any sacrifice. Ofcourse that is the laziness created by the communist congress party. Look at Japan and South Korea growth stories how much their people have sacrificed to achieve where they are now. People are crying for a inconvenience of standing in queue and getting money.

Edited by gattaca

30 minutes ago, gattaca said:

Sense ? @kabbirann and @Book_Worm go ahead and name your son adolf and see what happens while you are in Europe. Of course kabbirann is a congressi must be hurt after demonetization. Did you loose lot of black money ? Indians wants results with out any sacrifice. Ofcourse that is the laziness created by the communist congress party. Look at Japan and South Korea growth stories how much their people have sacrificed to achieve where they are now. People are crying for a inconvenience of standing in queue and getting money.

But i am not in Europe. I am in India.  Ancient India is different than Modern India. Why should i get butt hurt over this.? In my history class  i never learnt about taimur. Nothing. it was CBSE board. Suddenly one fine day last week i am supposed to get outraged by this name Taimur!   What i learnt   in my history class was  that aryans came and drove the original indians or dravidians towards south.  My ancestors probably had to leave and in 1947 i am told these invaders are  now my country men and we are one country. I did not get hurt even then and u expect me to get hurt over this taimur who massacred the people who drove( nice way of saying drove instead of forced/pushed/killed) people who are probably my ancestors. Why on earth should i feel anything ?  I don't! Period. When chennai floods happened rest of india did not care and in fact one north indian posted a picture of the people dying in floods and said that he did not care or feel anything  for them as he did not consider them as indians and u really think i am supposed to feel for people in delhi who are massacred in 13 th century!!!! when there was drought in maharashtra for this whole year  Who cared??? But we have to care for 13th century massacre!   90 % of the people  who are  massacred are ancestors of present day pakistanis and they don't care and  i am supposed to care. Nice.!

Still I don't understand why get upset over this.  It is just a name nothing else to me. That taimur person would be been named Gattaca and still commit all those crimes.Name has nothing to do with this. The intention of naming  is important. Do u know for sure he named it to honor Taimur the invador.

Plus why target only SAIF. Why is kareena getiing  a free pass.? Simply saying she is dumb blonde is ignoring the truth and reality. You think kareena cares.? These kapoors trace their lineage to pathans and central asia and beyond and leave no stone unturned to highlight this. They are immensely proud of their roots from these invasions. Not just her but the entire Northern Belt(extreme north including pakistan) are very proud of the fair skin given to them by these invasions. They will use this fact to insult and abuse south indians/bengalis and rest of india. And when convenient will use this as a negative trait to put muslims down. Nice.  What does a malyali/benglai/assamese/marathi muslim have to do with taimur.? Saif has link to these invadors and he is proud of it just like the entire northern part of the country be it hindu or muslim. Instead of targetting Saif target the whole country  and change their mindset. Saif's   attitude reflects the attitude of the north Indians. Question that first.

Your other part of the answer  is not an issue for me  modi or no modi. I  don't have any black money problems and all my transactions have always been digital and demonetzation has not affected me.

1 hour ago, Book_Worm said:

But i am not in Europe. I am in India.  Ancient India is different than Modern India. Why should i get butt hurt over this.? In my history class  i never learnt about taimur. Nothing. it was CBSE board. Suddenly one fine day last week i am supposed to get outraged by this name Taimur!   What i learnt   in my history class was  that aryans came and drove the original indians or dravidians towards south.  My ancestors probably had to leave and in 1947 i am told these invaders are  now my country men and we are one country. I did not get hurt even then and u expect me to get hurt over this taimur who massacred the people who drove( nice way of saying drove instead of forced/pushed/killed) people who are probably my ancestors. Why on earth should i feel anything ?  I don't! Period. When chennai floods happened rest of india did not care and in fact one north indian posted a picture of the people dying in floods and said that he did not care or feel anything  for them as he did not consider them as indians and u really think i am supposed to feel for people in delhi who are massacred in 13 th century!!!! when there was drought in maharashtra for this whole year  Who cared??? But we have to care for 13th century massacre!   90 % of the people  who are  massacred are ancestors of present day pakistanis and they don't care and  i am supposed to care. Nice.!

Still I don't understand why get upset over this.  It is just a name nothing else to me. That taimur person would be been named Gattaca and still commit all those crimes.Name has nothing to do with this. The intention of naming  is important. Do u know for sure he named it to honor Taimur the invador.

Plus why target only SAIF. Why is kareena getiing  a free pass.? Simply saying she is dumb blonde is ignoring the truth and reality. You think kareena cares.? These kapoors trace their lineage to pathans and central asia and beyond and leave no stone unturned to highlight this. They are immensely proud of their roots from these invasions. Not just her but the entire Northern Belt(extreme north including pakistan) are very proud of the fair skin given to them by these invasions. They will use this fact to insult and abuse south indians/bengalis and rest of india. And when convenient will use this as a negative trait to put muslims down. Nice.  What does a malyali/benglai/assamese/marathi muslim have to do with taimur.? Saif has link to these invadors and he is proud of it just like the entire northern part of the country be it hindu or muslim. Instead of targetting Saif target the whole country  and change their mindset. Saif's   attitude reflects the attitude of the north Indians. Question that first.

Your other part of the answer  is not an issue for me  modi or no modi. I  don't have any black money problems and all my transactions have always been digital and demonetzation has not affected me.

No one is asking you to get "butt hurt". We are just asking you to be sensitive. since you brought "sense" in your posts. Also just because north Indian is insensitive we dont have to be that way.

Edited by gattaca

1 hour ago, Book_Worm said:

Don't want to respond to rest of this retarded post but 1. people from all over India did care for Chennai floods. Maybe it didn't get as much media coverage as it should have. 2. Having an opinion on something doesn't equate to being butt hurt. 3. There's no proof of any 'aryan' invasion. Aryan-dravidian theory is false. So stop believing it regardless of what you read in ur school book.

Edited by randomGuy

40 minutes ago, randomGuy said:

Don't want to respond to rest of this retarded post but 1. people from all over India did care for Chennai floods. Maybe it didn't get as much media coverage as it should have. 2. Having an opinion on something doesn't equate to being butt hurt. 3. There's no proof of any 'aryan' invasion. Aryan-dravidian theory is false. So stop believing it regardless of what you read in ur school book.

My post is not retarded it is bang on target. I have lost count of the number of times on internet forums North indians/Pakistanis have used this invasions/fair skin topic to insult south indians. Kapoors/Khans and so  many others feel proud of those invaders from central  asia. It is reflective of majority of Indians. My post is not retarded you are retarded.

Chennai floods: i am also aware how much concern was shown. Why media coverage was low? Did these floods happen in central asia? Even tamil actor Siddhardh was very upset with the lack of national coverage.

Proof or no proof my history text books taught me this a whole generation has grown up learning this. I don't believe this anymore  because i have travelled all over India and know for a fact how mixed we are. Still  I did not get upset by this information taught  to me in history class so why get upset by 13 th century genocide that happened so far away from my place at a time period when there was no concept of India.

Butt hurt comment was for people everywhere not just on this forum. People who have so much time to spend on social media getting upset over everything.

59 minutes ago, gattaca said:

No one is asking you to get "butt hurt". We are just asking you to be sensitive. since you brought "sense" in your posts. Also just because north Indian is insensitive we dont have to be that way.

I am being sensitive. It goes both ways. I agree with Kabbirann . His was a sensible post.  I don't agree with your last statement. We need to make issues of this racial insensitivity shown towards south indians. If not when will others learn. because we are willing to let it go everyone thinks it is okay to put us down calling us ugly and what not. I am not going to  care or even be sensitive about something that happened in a long distant past to people i don't know or really care about. When something happens in delhi now. yes i can have sympathy but not in the past. Period.

3 minutes ago, Book_Worm said:

My post is not retarded it is bang on target. I have lost count of the number of times on internet forums North indians/Pakistanis have used this invasions/fair skin topic to insult south indians. Kapoors/Khans and so  many others feel proud of those invaders from central  asia. It is reflective of majority of Indians. My post is not retarded you are retarded.

Chennai floods: i am also aware how much concern was shown. Why media coverage was low? Did these floods happen in central asia? Even tamil actor Siddhardh was very upset with the lack of national coverage.

Proof or no proof my history text books taught me this a whole generation has grown up learning this. I don't believe this anymore  because i have travelled all over India and know for a fact how mixed we are. Still  I did not get upset by this information taught  to me in history class so why get upset by 13 th century genocide that happened so far away from my place at a time period when there was no concept of India.

Butt hurt comment was for people everywhere not just on this forum. People who have so much time to spend on social media getting upset over everything.

This is typical south indian misguided nationalism. I am from the north and i have come across more Southies who peddle this Aryan-Dravidian crap than Northies who gloat about this. 

Oh and another thing- the Aryan invasion/migration theory is mostly defunct now. it was started by British colonialists to divide India and people like you are proof that it succeeded. We have decisive genetic evidence that there was no invasion/mass migration into India at any point in the last 10,000 years.

We have famed archaeologists like BB Lal write papers that there is also no material evidence of this immigration : the quantity of BMAC (Bactria Margiana Archaeological Complex, seen as the 'homeland' of the Aryans) artefacts found in Northern India is consistent with amounts of Indian artifacts found in mesopotamia, BMAC goods found in other cultures, indicating trade rather than migration.

Hell, we have famed archaeologists like Sarianidi point out that a Dravidian migration north in historic times is more probable explanation of dravidian pockets in Northern subcontinent : perfect example is Brahui language. Early AIT proponents and Dravidian nationalists point it out as evidence of 'remnant Dravidian roots' in the north, but completely ignore the FACT that Brahui language has loan words in Baloch language, not early or middle Persian. We also know as a FACT that the Baloch tribe originate in the Zagros mountain region & migrated into Baluchistan in the last 1200 years. So if Brahui's migration was earlier than that, we'd see loanwords in Brahui from Persian, not Baloch. This is quite consistent with historical events in South Asia during 1500-1000 years ago, when Chalukya, Rashtrakuta & Chola invasions of the north brought forth many Dravidian communities into the north, most famous being the Sens of Bengal. 

Not to mention, your AIT/AMT theory is disputed - there is no dispute that Timur was a mass murderer who gloated and relished his mass murderer tag.

And lastly, there was a concept of India during the time of Timur. We have decisive historical evidence of it as well

3 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

This is typical south indian misguided nationalism. I am from the north and i have come across more Southies who peddle this Aryan-Dravidian crap than Northies who gloat about this. 

No i am not ur typical south indian. My post reflects the experiences i have had with north indians. I Have said in my next post to random guy about aryan dravidian crap. I don't believe in it because i have travelled all over indian and seen first hand how similar loooking we all are. I also disagree with ur last statement that is just ur opinion.
Oh and another thing- the Aryan invasion/migration theory is mostly defunct now. it was started by British colonialists to divide India and people like you are proof that it succeeded. We have decisive genetic evidence that there was no invasion/mass migration into India at any point in the last 10,000 years.

I know all  this. But that's not the point. Read my post again

We have famed archaeologists like BB Lal write papers that there is also no material evidence of this immigration : the quantity of BMAC (Bactria Margiana Archaeological Complex, seen as the 'homeland' of the Aryans) artefacts found in Northern India is consistent with amounts of Indian artifacts found in mesopotamia, BMAC goods found in other cultures, indicating trade rather than migration.

Same as before.

Hell, we have famed archaeologists like Sarianidi point out that a Dravidian migration north in historic times is more probable explanation of dravidian pockets in Northern subcontinent : perfect example is Brahui language. Early AIT proponents and Dravidian nationalists point it out as evidence of 'remnant Dravidian roots' in the north, but completely ignore the FACT that Brahui language has loan words in Baloch language, not early or middle Persian. We also know as a FACT that the Baloch tribe originate in the Zagros mountain region & migrated into Baluchistan in the last 1200 years. So if Brahui's migration was earlier than that, we'd see loanwords in Brahui from Persian, not Baloch. This is quite consistent with historical events in South Asia during 1500-1000 years ago, when Chalukya, Rashtrakuta & Chola invasions of the north brought forth many Dravidian communities into the north, most famous being the Sens of Bengal. 

Same as Before
Not to mention, your AIT/AMT theory is disputed - there is no dispute that Timur was a mass murderer who gloated and relished his mass murderer tag.

Timur may be a mass murderer. But naming your child as taimur is hardly means a mass murderer is being glorified IMO.

And lastly, there was a concept of India during the time of Timur. We have decisive historical evidence of it as well

Really. What concept . Was south india Included. In this century alone i have encountered so many north indians who act like South India is some strange place. So forgive if i have a had time believing this concept of India.

7 minutes ago, Book_Worm said:

Ok madam I am retarded but,

1. Pls don't mix fair-skin fetish of some northies (many northies) with the topic at hand...Yes the fetish is immature in my opinion...

2. Was the media coverage lower than a Bihar or Assam flood? Even a comedian Siddhu, Kapil Sharma or big boss or even a Rajnikanth gets good media coverage. Are they as important? Most news channels r based out of NCR and are watched by people who understand Hindi. It's obvious that NCR, Mumbai will get disproportionate coverage. 

3. When you yourself don't believe in aryan-dravidian theory (rightly so) , then why bring it up? 

Just now, randomGuy said:

Ok madam I am retarded but,

I am sorry about that!

1. Pls don't mix fair-skin fetish of some northies (many northies) with the topic at hand...Yes the fetish is immature in my opinion...

I mixed this topic. Bea cause people are making this a muslim issue and talking only about saif. But this kareena kapoor is the same. Almost all of this kapoors/khans and sindhis pakistanis and extreme northern indians are always talking about how they don't look like rest of indians and how proud they are of it. So my point is not just muslims but even hindus in northern india are like that. If saif names his baby tamur knowing that he is a mass murderer etc and still does it it is because of this very attitude that i am talking about.They are happy and proud about it. They don't feel bad about it.

2. Was the media coverage lower than a Bihar or Assam flood? Even a comedian Siddhu, Kapil Sharma or big boss or even a Rajnikanth gets good media coverage. Are they as important? Most news channels r based out of NCR and are watched by people who understand Hindi. It's obvious that NCR, Mumbai will get disproportionate coverage. 

I included maharashtra did'nt i?  I did not even know about assam and bihar! The point is when indians and indian media are not bothered by the suffering going on around in their own country right now and you say media channels are from NCR and people watching the news are people who understand hindi so does that mean people who are hindi speaking don't care about rest of india and only want news from their state. Then why are we one country? If people cannot empathise with the sufferings going around currently you expect us to bother with the suffferings in 13the century ?? That's all i am saying.

3. When you yourself don't believe in aryan-dravidian theory (rightly so) , then why bring it up? 

Because i was taught in history i was told my ancestors who are living in south were driven from north. So now after 1947 we are expected to forget all that and be one country.  How is that aryan invasions anything less that Taimur  invasions then.?  It has been debunked now. But we grew up on this. But i did not feel ager over that then why feel anger over Taimur. Just because it is convenient Why not winston churchill. Why not attack indian christians for this then? It's just a name. That's all.

45 minutes ago, Book_Worm said:

Timur may be a mass murderer. But naming your child as taimur is hardly means a mass murderer is being glorified IMO.

I disagree, in this case. Timur is not a muslim name. It is a pure Turko-Mongol name.  So if Saif was ethnically A turk/Mongol, i'd understand the choice of name having nothing to do with Tamerlane. But Kareena said that Saif chose that name coz he is interested in history. Well, there is only ONE Timur in history that stands out. Rest are only passing mentions, minor noblemen here and there. And that is Tamerlane. So what conclusion are we supposed to drive off of that ?

If you name your kid Adolf and say its due to historic reasons, what conclusion do people get from that, given that we only know of one Adolf 'through historical reasons' ?

Really. What concept . Was south india Included. In this century alone i have encountered so many north indians who act like South India is some strange place. So forgive if i have a had time believing this concept of India.

The concept of India has existed for the last 2500 years atleast. Obviously not as a nation, since nation itself is a concept from 300-400 years ago but India as a concept through history is similar to Asia or Europe as a concept - a geopolitical civilizational entity.

By the way, this fair skin worship is a pretty sad and petty concept but to be fair, it's present in all cultures. Even South Indians prefer fair skin and Tamils who are as fair as Punjabis are often complimented for their skin by other Tamils. I know of this personally. Even in middle of nowhere Africa, China, Polynesia, fair skin is seen as a plus.

Sociologists have often wondered about this phenomenon and there is a lot of papers in this. One commonly accepted theory, is that fair skin, in any culture, is associated with people who don't spend a lot of time outdoors. Which means upper class/businessmen/rulers coz these are the people who are sitting inside their whole lives, while poor people, such as farmers, hunters,vagabonds spend most of their lives outdoors and get darker.

There is no evidence for it but this theory makes sense in terms of why every culture thinks fair skin is good. 

On Thursday, December 29, 2016 at 5:49 PM, kabbirann said:

@Book_Worm The OP was not because we are butt hurt from the naming, but more of a ridicule.  Somebody as a celebrity does this, there will be serious people who know history will judge the hell out of them.  I dont get how you connect this with fair skin discriminaton/ Aryan theory etc.

The ridicule will come from any other name choice as bad as Timur. Defending it by comparing it with other names like Ashoka, Rajiv doesnt  seem logical from historic pov.

19 hours ago, Book_Worm said:

I accept many Indians still are very immature. But still there are many who are mature, humble, nationalists, who don't differentiate between people from different regions, people who are proud of their roots, their culture etc.

When For ex. Sri Lankan navy captures or shoots at indian fishermen, or when any Indian(doesn't matter from south or north) is stuck abroad (such as in middle East), when there's a flood in Chennai, or when a young lady there gets murdered on a railway platform,  these people are concerned/outraged. In the same way, they feel nice when an Indian (doesn't matter from which part) does well on national/international stage...

Again, there are many shortcomings in many indians. You can choose to forgive them /ignore them thinking they are still immature and thinking probably there are many good ones out there as well..

Edited by randomGuy

17 hours ago, zen said:

So what are the updates? Has Saif changed his son's name from Timur to Babar or something like that? Or did this hullabulla over the name had little impact? 

So, how many of team selection discussions in Cricket Talk have resulted in effective selection in the Indian team? 

Edited by coffee_rules