Md Siraj: Hyderabad Fast bowler

tweaker

Me being from Hyderabad, i am super excited about this lad...

He was shown less confidence from the captain.... but nevertheless, Siraj has shown what he is capable of...

Second spell was superb and looks like getting wickets in every over .... On an other day, we could have easily got 3 to 4 wickets in that spell..

I am hoping from my bottom of my heart that ....this series will establish Gill & Siraj as test match players...

Hoping that Siraj will be given new ball next time around and he will shown his real potential...

I have seen his bowling in some A matches....he is capable of running thru the sides...

Pluses ----

1. He is bowling in good to decent areas now. Maintaining the pressure from his end.

2. He can swing and reverse swing the ball.

3. He is able to bowl according to the team's plan.

Minuses ---

1. He is looking ok on these pitches with pace and bounce. But he does not seem to have the pace for slower pitches. Needs to go back to bowling 135 k to 145 k, like he was doing in his special year 2018, when he ran through A teams.

2. Needs to hit the deck a bit harder with his good length balls, when the ball is not swinging.

Edited by express bowling
29 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Pluses ----

1. He is bowling in good to decent areas now. Maintaining the pressure from his end.

2. He can swing and reverse swing the ball.

3. He us able to bowl according to the team's plan.

Minuses ---

1. He is looking ok on these pitches with pace and bounce. But he does not seem to have the pace for slower pitches. Needs to go back to bowling 135 k to 145 k, like he was doing in his special year 2018, when he ran through A teams.

2. Needs to hit the deck a bit harder with his good length balls, when the ball is not swinging.

Good thing is..  He is doing well on his first tour.  Can't say that about most Indian pacers.  Even Bumrah was thrashed by AB in Cape Town in his first test.  Surely this debut will give him confidence.  I agree he should up his pace a bit.  He can do wonders for us in England. 

Im pleasantly surprised that Siraj has picked up the length sooner than expected. Lets hope he can crank it up a few clicks, and hope that he gets movement as well.

If Umesh is indeed sidelined , I would rather look at someone like Kuldeep Yadav and go for 3 spinners especially if the SCG has not quickened up that much

1 hour ago, afan said:

Im pleasantly surprised that Siraj has picked up the length sooner than expected. Lets hope he can crank it up a few clicks, and hope that he gets movement as well.

If Umesh is indeed sidelined , I would rather look at someone like Kuldeep Yadav and go for 3 spinners especially if the SCG has not quickened up that much

If Hanuma plays he is our half spinner anyways. We need the same team with Saini in.