Umesh Yadav the best India pacer: Rodney Hogg

i agree Umesh seems to have settled down.

Since the last 3 tests , he starts slowly with a 135 to 137k ball and slowly increases pace and focuses on line and length and it seems he plans what he is trying to ball.

He tries to bowl with a 15 over ball and tries his best to swing ..earlier he used to just try Pace and due to that end up bowling towards the leg side.

this is very good news that his natural weak ball ( 1 in an over for sure on the leg stump) is now becoming a straight ball trying to get the batsman lbw.

he has this skiddy action so would definitely get Lbw.

I see him and Starc getting a lot of wickets in this series as I think India May not produce totally Patta wickets.

44 minutes ago, laaloo said:

That's just hype. Since Dale Steyn missed out on IPL due to injury, he's sucking up to Indians so he can get a lucrative contract next time around.

Did someone say hype......we already have Nathu,Basil,Aniket....Ankit,Natarajan and a few other names I cannot recall are waiting in the wings.....why spend so much money on a washed up bowler...Steyn won't be bought next year :phehe:

21 minutes ago, Sidhoni said:

And that is why he was bowling with new ball at the end?

Yes getting him to bowl with old ball seems to have been the plan but just pointing out perception is everything. If Dhoni did same thing there would be uproar.

At the end, there were tailenders who aren't supposed to be that good against new ball.