Changes for next Test.

CG

1 hour ago, vayuu1 said:

They may but with new ball might not turn as much, and please stop making a legend out of Steven o Keefe, guy had a great match on turner, play him as a inswing bowler will help nullify him, I am sure kumble would have had a chat with lads.

Sent from my vivo 1601 using Tapatalk

Rahane needs no turn to get out as of now. The sight of a spinner bowling itself would create enough doubts in his mind. He was actually not that bad against spin. A major part of his issue against spin now is confusion and panicking which is triggering bad technique like not knowing when to play on backfoot or which length to drive.

Edited by Pollack
15 hours ago, MK55 said:

Well there may be a case for including Jayant of a flattish track. His bowling style could be more suited to such conditions.  
However, watching him gives me the impression that the Australians are rightly considering him the weak link. The problem gets aggravated when he leaks 4-5 rpo and takes away all pressure. I would certainly drop him. His bowling just seems too innocuous. 

I'll get in Karun in place of Jayant to reinforce the batting and that would be the only change with the squad we have got. The batting line up looks very short especially when we have had two consecutive batting failures. Also, the quality of Aus pacers is way better that England or NZ in these conditions. They have got someone like Starc who can bowl 147+ and can dismiss top order players with some unplayable deliveries like he did Pujara in the first innings. On a flat wicket, I'd expect Kohli to utilize Ishant more sensibly than just 3 overs in 90 odd overs. Jayant is definitely not needed when we have already got Jadeja and Ashwin who can bowl long spells in these conditions. I'd go with a seam bowling all-rounder while playing overseas. Playing Ashwin, Saha and Jayant as lower-middle order batsmen would work against weaker bowling attacks but not in this series. 

Also, if Rahane continues to fail again, I would look for some other options. However, I don't think we have such options if we decide to play an extra batter already with Karun in the side. 

Good point. Just because we are going with 5 bowlers it doesn't mean one can be a weaklink. If you are going in with a 5 man attack, each one of them better be damn good and capable of taking wickets. You are conceding the advantage of one extra batsman and if you also concede weakness in bowling, that's a double whammy.

1 hour ago, Soorma_Bhopali said:

Karun Nair for Jayant Yadav and Hardik Pandya for Ishant

Pandya has been released from squad to play VH Trophy.Kuldeep for Jayant and Karun for Ishant only if its turner.If no turner then Bhuvi replacing Ishant

Edit: Pandya is back in the team.

Edited by Pollack
3 hours ago, King Tendulkar said:

Bloody hell now vijay faces the axe on icf lol

Yeah, because he looked like he forgot to bat in the last game. I guess Vilander said put to notice, not drop him. Which is what should be done after the 1st test theatrical from him against Starc and the spinners. 

Edited by SLICKR392