Changes for next Test.

CG

8 hours ago, Viper said:

Pandya as a bowler is useless in Tests aussies will toik toik him :om: He didn't even do that well with Bat.. Ishant although he is bad rather have him than pandya for next test and hoping shami will return for 3rd Test. 

That batting order is still looking weak 

Rahane needs  rest... Nair is Good option can't risk losing 2nd Test here.

Hope kuldeep gets a game but very unlikely 

Ishant has played some 70 odd test ,why can't we blood some young players .Pandya is in the squad for the 2 test so he has realistic chance to play in the 2nd test.

Well there may be a case for including Jayant of a flattish track. His bowling style could be more suited to such conditions.  
However, watching him gives me the impression that the Australians are rightly considering him the weak link. The problem gets aggravated when he leaks 4-5 rpo and takes away all pressure. I would certainly drop him. His bowling just seems too innocuous. 

I'll get in Karun in place of Jayant to reinforce the batting and that would be the only change with the squad we have got. The batting line up looks very short especially when we have had two consecutive batting failures. Also, the quality of Aus pacers is way better that England or NZ in these conditions. They have got someone like Starc who can bowl 147+ and can dismiss top order players with some unplayable deliveries like he did Pujara in the first innings. On a flat wicket, I'd expect Kohli to utilize Ishant more sensibly than just 3 overs in 90 odd overs. Jayant is definitely not needed when we have already got Jadeja and Ashwin who can bowl long spells in these conditions. I'd go with a seam bowling all-rounder while playing overseas. Playing Ashwin, Saha and Jayant as lower-middle order batsmen would work against weaker bowling attacks but not in this series. 

Also, if Rahane continues to fail again, I would look for some other options. However, I don't think we have such options if we decide to play an extra batter already with Karun in the side. 

Edited by MK55

Drop 

vijay- poor slip catches

raul-mentally weak 

rahane - can't play spin

Saha- failed in one match

jayant- failed in one match

ishant - needs more then height 

in

mukund- superb catcher

dhawan- technically sound

nair - triple ton and dropped .amazing

pant - best glove work in india, bats like kohli 

kulderp  yadav - turns it

thampi - seen videos of him . Quality 

if if we lose then make 6 changes again

Edited by King Tendulkar
3 minutes ago, King Tendulkar said:

Drop 

vijay- poor slip catches

raul-mentally weak 

rahane - can't play spin

in

mukund- superb catcher

Hope it was sarcasm. Mukund super catcher.:phehe: dhawan technically sound :laugh1:

12 minutes ago, King Tendulkar said:

Drop 

vijay- poor slip catches

raul-mentally weak 

rahane - can't play spin

in

mukund- superb catcher

Agree with Ishant drop tho

18 minutes ago, King Tendulkar said:

Drop 

vijay- poor slip catches

raul-mentally weak 

rahane - can't play spin

in

mukund- superb catcher

Why only 6 changes....change the entire team .....bring in the domestic lejunds like Vinay Kumar       :phehe:

The Aussies will be so shell-shocked,  they will lose.        :phehe:

Yes we number one and destroyed all before us over last 2 years . But we just lost a match , that is not allowed to happen

not sure 6 changes is enough . We need to start looking at stats more . Vinay and dinda to open the bowling . Also jadeja has 3 triple tons and 50 average in first class cricket , he should open the batting 

41 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Why only 6 changes....change the entire team .....bring in the domestic lejunds like Vinay Kumar       :phehe:

The Aussies will be so shell-shocked,  they will lose.        :phehe:

Not a bad idea.  Australia done their homework this time.Vinay Kumar would come out of syllabus in their test. Make as many changes as possible. :yess:

Edited by Pollack
12 hours ago, laaloo said:

Parthiv cant keep. The 60 odd he makes doesnt compensate for his keeping and dropped catches and missed stumpings.

Under weaker opposition teams a full flagged expert keeper saha can be played but against okeefe left arm this guy called saha looked like a goat in front of a lion.

Every ball he looked as getting out.

Parthiv has solid defence ,can play left arm spin better ,can even open ,he has always scored when he is recalled and has the capability to play starc and okeef both.

This is SOS  situation.

During SOS situation we should play with 3 spinners and umesh or add pandya too.

We can't play 5 bowlers for sure and we can't play a keeper who looks unsettled.

I would definitely play parthiv as he is a solid bat and expect parthiv to keep well.

If the track is greenish starc will become a Demon and if it turns okeefe will become a cobra. 

Weak heart and weak technique batsman will fail big way.

For me we should play 

Pandya umesh kuldeep jaddu ash

Vijay rahul pujara kohli Nair parthiv

To be honest, seeing aus has a plan for each bowlerwhy not go for some different tactics, I would open with parthiv and rahane likes pace who knows might not be a bad idea, can settle before spinners come , play pujara, Kohli at their respective no,play Nair at 5,iyer at 6,pandya at 7 coz he can attack the spinners, Ashwin at 8,jaddu at 9,kuldeep at 10 and yadav the Jack .

Sent from my vivo 1601 using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, vayuu1 said:

To be honest, seeing aus has a plan for each bowlerwhy not go for some different tactics, I would open with parthiv and rahane likes pace who knows might not be a bad idea, can settle before spinners come , play pujara, Kohli at their respective no,play Nair at 5,iyer at 6,pandya at 7 coz he can attack the spinners, Ashwin at 8,jaddu at 9,kuldeep at 10 and yadav the Jack .

What if Australia open with spinner at one end? Better yet with freaking Stephen O Keefe. :p:

What if Australia open with spinner at one end? Better yet with freaking Stephen O Keefe. :p:

They may but with new ball might not turn as much, and please stop making a legend out of Steven o Keefe, guy had a great match on turner, play him as a inswing bowler will help nullify him, I am sure kumble would have had a chat with lads.

2 hours ago, vayuu1 said:

Jeez one loss and all things took us to number one ripped up and all changes. 

Ridiculous panic mode 

icf is nuts 

one week we are like we should have 5 Indian teams as we are awesome and can't beat anyone . Next week we are awful , 11 new players please lol