What a spell from Starc!

3 minutes ago, speedheat said:

See this is what pace does nobody likes facing it, this one spell is actually batter then 6 wickets of hazlwwood (no not denying his efforts) Pace is Pace finally

Even Hazelwood was bowling quick but Starc just picked another gear in that spell.

3 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

nair was late on the shot. He would have missed it even if he has just played a defensive shot.

No he was not late he had a huge gap between bat and pad and ball took inside edge.

Just now, rkt.india said:

This was just a start. I am afraid he will be even more fired up next test.

Good. It will make this series even more exciting for the viewers. Will our batsmen step up and handle this heat next time they face-off?

6 hours ago, Prince_ said:

Couldn't have said it better myself. Instead of playing with a dead bat idiot Nair tried to push the ball to the cover region. His bat was way in front of his pad when he played that ball. 

Playing his first, 154PH, swings in big, easier said than done. Your feet don't move. Same thing happened with him. Remember Shoaib Akhtar clean bowling Dravid and SRT on consecutive balls. It was pretty much similar. At that pace, you have no idea how much ball will swing, especially playing your first ball, feet don't move, you are not aware of what pace the ball is coming at you. That ball could have gotten best of the best.

Edited by rkt.india

Over rated spell by an over rated bowler. Make no mistake Starc is an ATG in ODIs but in tests he is hardly better than Umesh/Ishant and a few notches below Shami. Hazlewood and Lyon will be the real threats in the remaining 2 tests. 

This was just a start. I am afraid he will be even more fired up next test.

Starc will always have his moments but he will offer enough scoring opportunities you have to put pressure and Smith will relent like after he pitched one to Saha whichi went for 4 he was taken off.We will play spin better so that would put pressure on Hazelwood to contain runs.

Just one good over and not the whole spell. Starc bowled well but became predictable to Saha later for his full deliveries. Hazlewood had a better spell hence he was bowling fast too and keeping deliveries low and bouncing some.  That is how you get more wickets by changing it up. 

Starc was brilliant with yorkers, but Hazlewood will remain the bigger problem for us as series continuous. And so far too Hazlewood has been better than Starc in this series. Starc has had his short burst of good spells and troubled us but Hazlewood has silently killed us more times.

To those saying its overrated, I can assure you had our lot bowled such kind of spell, he would have been called second coming of waqar or wasim and what not, facing 155 clicks is no joke, more than wicket that spell could have seriously injured anybody, and starc has that pace, imagine a 155 click bouncer to any of our lower order.

Sent from my vivo 1601 using Tapatalk

Just now, vayuu1 said:

To those saying its overrated, I can assure you had our lot bowled such kind of spell, he would have been called second coming of waqar or wasim and what not, facing 155 clicks is no joke, more than wicket that spell could have seriously injured anybody, and starc has that pace, imagine a 155 click bouncer to any of our lower order.

It's amazing how he clocked that speed. I knew when he was bowling at 150+, he took the pitch out of the equation.

What a ball poor nair got today . What a horror ball to get first up 

95 mph . Swung in late to clean up middle stump . Not sure many bats would have kept that out first up 

Exactly ,that was ferocious delivery 1st up and u know I expected that delivery while watching told one of the guy, he will bowl full first up and get him.

10 hours ago, Cricketics said:

Just one good over and not the whole spell. Starc bowled well but became predictable to Saha later for his full deliveries. Hazlewood had a better spell hence he was bowling fast too and keeping deliveries low and bouncing some.  That is how you get more wickets by changing it up. 

Starc was brilliant with yorkers, but Hazlewood will remain the bigger problem for us as series continuous. And so far too Hazlewood has been better than Starc in this series. Starc has had his short burst of good spells and troubled us but Hazlewood has silently killed us more times.

Agreed. He was all over the place before that over. Hazlewood bowled much better. Apart from those few overs with the new ball, Ishant and Umesh also bowled much better than Starc in this match. 

Edited by kubrickian
23 minutes ago, kubrickian said:

Agreed. He was all over the place before that over. Hazlewood bowled much better. Apart from those few overs with the new ball, Ishant and Umesh also bowled much better than Starc in this match. 

yes, but only Starc could bowl such a spell that took pitch out of the equation. We were looking at a far bigger lead otherwise. He did look less effective than others because he did not hit that back of length consistently like other 3 did, but when things went for him, he took the pitch out of the equation. Other 3 relied on the variability of the pitch to be effective. This is the basic difference. He could suddenly produce such spells on on the flattest of the pitches out of nowhere. 

10 hours ago, kubrickian said:

Yes, Hazlewood's spell was just brilliant and hence captain Smith kept him going. Great bowling that. Well supported by Starc there. This is what we lack at times that when Umesh is bowling really fast, Ishant's even though good, can not compete with Hazlewood's accuracy. But we are getting better at this and I am glad with. Ow some comoetition between our bowlers, bowlers are starting to bowl better.