Some MSD fans seem happy with an Indian loss

G_B_

47 minutes ago, maniac said:

Dhoni's average as a bat in his heyday in CT 2013 as the great leader average 13.50 with a grand total of 27 runs

:hail:

Catches-3rd behind Butler and Raina.

Stumpings I will give him that..leading with 4...some ammunition has to be given...can't be that one sided can we :giggle:

44 minutes ago, King Tendulkar said:

All about dhoni that win , all dhoni lol

39 minutes ago, maniac said:

WT20 2014 we reached the final due to his magnificent captaincy.....then I saw his average of 50.0 was blown away...then I saw he scored only 50 runs :hmmmm: ...S/R must have been good for a finisher and power hitter but was at 125.00 :(( 

WT20 2016 average of 89.00 :omg:  but then realized grand total of 89 runs with a S/R of 127.00

Top 3 legend lol

You guys should also get together and up vote each other posts like Dhoni fans do. It makes for a better viewing.

Edited by laaloo
33 minutes ago, Yoda-esque said:

Was wondering when the third stooge would show up,didnt take long..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Was this aimed at me? If so, I've been here all along just like you. You can check Slickrs posts. I've been downvoting him all this time.

Edited by laaloo

I think this thread sort of illustrates the point I am making. We are bickering and back to comparisons again. 

Its not just ICF to be fair. I got cousins who are more interested in the player than the country. Sure they dont abuse opposing players. Switch off the TV when that player is done bowling or batting. Its the same mentality of not really supporting the jersey.

Its not just India to be fair. I was at Heathrow airport once, sat next to a Brazillian guy . This was like back in 2002 just after Brazil had won the world cup. The amont of hatred Rivaldo got from this guy meant he was ok with seeing Brazil lose so long as Rivaldo was kicked out of the team.

I think this thread sort of illustrates the point I am making. We are bickering and back to comparisons again. 

Its not just ICF to be fair. I got cousins who are more interested in the player than the country. Sure they dont abuse opposing players. Switch off the TV when that player is done bowling or batting. Its the same mentality of not really supporting the jersey.

Its not just India to be fair. I was at Heathrow airport once, sat next to a Brazillian guy . This was like back in 2002 just after Brazil had won the world cup. The amont of hatred Rivaldo got from this guy meant he was ok with seeing Brazil lose so long as Rivaldo was kicked out of the team.

You should be happy,Mission Accomplished;)

Anyone who thinks that Dhoni isn't among the top 5 Indian cricketers of all time is having a laugh. Don't hate for the heck of it.

Personally, Dada is my favourite Indian Captain of all time simply because he brought back credibility to Indian cricket when it was facing a credibility crisis. As much as I respect MS, spot-fixing & COI issue seriously dented Indian cricket's credibility once again. 

5 hours ago, jalebi_bhai said:

Anyone who thinks that Dhoni isn't among the top 5 Indian cricketers of all time is having a laugh. Don't hate for the heck of it.

Personally, Dada is my favourite Indian Captain of all time simply because he brought back credibility to Indian cricket when it was facing a credibility crisis. As much as I respect MS, spot-fixing & COI issue seriously dented Indian cricket's credibility once again. 

How on earth is he one of 5 best Indian players ever .  Now that's fanatical sport 

name your top 5 and let's analyse what truly great players who delivered home and away and broke records you leave out .

you confusing icon , money making , fame , popularity , trophies won when been in team with a great cricket player . A guy who as batsman keeper never scored a ton outside Asia is top 5 Indian player . O please 

5 hours ago, jalebi_bhai said:

What did Dada do to bring credibility to Indian Cricket after credibility crisis. Eager to know that.

4 minutes ago, Pollack said:

What did Dada do to bring credibility to Indian Cricket after credibility crisis. Eager to know that.

Made us good . Anyone who doubts that does not understand cricket history of India . He played big part in bringing pride to india cricket and making us world power . Before him we were mediocre / poor . I lived through 90s and the humiliations . If only watched since 2011 you won't get it 

1 minute ago, King Tendulkar said:

How on earth is he one of 5 best Indian players ever .  Now that's fanatical sport 

name your top 5 and let's analyse what truly great players who delivered home and away and broke records you leave out .

you confusing icon , money making , fame , popularity , trophies won when been in team with a great cricket player . A guy who as batsman keeper never scored a ton outside Asia is top 5 Indian player . O please 

How many wk batsman in the history have captained their respective teams to multiple honors across all formats? Answer that question, and maybe you'll understand why MS is an ATG. 

You want my top 5:

MS Dhoni

Sunil Gavaskar

Sachin Tendulkar

Kapil Dev

Rahul Dravid

And so what if MS hasn't scored a ton outside Asia? Is that your sole parameter to judge greatness? 

I've been highly critical of Dhoni's Test captaincy in the past, so the last thing you can accuse me of is being a fanboy. I don't belong to either Dhoni-puja or SRT-puja lobby.

11 hours ago, King Tendulkar said:

Exactly 

Also, earlier captains never got chances to captain in World T20s.  (  which were played at  2 year intervals later on and so a lot of chances to win were missed by those earlier captains )

Kapil won a  50 over World Cup, never had the chance to be a captain in either World T20 or CT.

Ganguly won a Champion's Trophy and got us to the finals of a 50 over World Cup.   ( any Indian team would probably have lost to that Australian Team of 2003 in a ODI played in SA ).   Never never had the chance to be a captain in World T20.

Edited by express bowling
13 minutes ago, jalebi_bhai said:

How many wk batsman in the history have captained their respective teams to multiple honors across all formats? Answer that question, and maybe you'll understand why MS is an ATG. 

You want my top 5:

MS Dhoni

Sunil Gavaskar

Sachin Tendulkar

Kapil Dev

Rahul Dravid

And so what if MS hasn't scored a ton outside Asia? Is that your sole parameter to judge greatness? 

I've been highly critical of Dhoni's Test captaincy in the past, so the last thing you can accuse me of is being a fanboy. I don't belong to either Dhoni-puja or SRT-puja lobby.

No Kumble.  Even he has test ton outside asia lol

Mankad miles better.  Our second best all rounder ever.  Merchant, Hazare, Laxman etc etc All better

So basically dhoni gets in cos skipper when team won some trophies (sorry I barely even count t20 word cup as meaning anyting, I mean darenn sammy and windies are ciurrent holders ffs and even pak won it recently wioth afirdi player of the friiging tournamnet lol)

So won world cup which other skipper has done (who dhoni as a player was not fit to tie his shoe laces and another skipper got to final and lost to ATG team). 

Embarrasing  that rated so high as people confuisng tropies won to the quality of polayer.  Bhaji won in all dhonis wins, so top 5 player as well.  Plus dhoni was poor test match bat really, when did his stellar efforts meant he was cdecisve factor in a series win?  Hell bhaji has such series, dhoni does not even have one such series.

Brearley and Jardine never in as top 5 eng players and rightlyso just on captaincy.  Its about best players, wont see them picking jardine over botham lol.  Bevan not in top 5 aussie players based on oids and rightlty so.

Again fans confsuing fame, icon, money, media hype with great player.

He was very medicore test bat and never turned up foir limited overs big tourmantes apart from one game.  Awful wicket keeper standing back and energy levels poor with gloves on.  Superb glove work standing up and good odi bat in friendly games, never delivered in ICC tournamnet in terms of the whole tournamnet.  Not even top 10 player in greatest ever list of indian players.  In terms of most famous, icionic is top 3.  Just like Beckham does not make top 10 english football players but makes top 3 most iconic, famous etc

15 minutes ago, jalebi_bhai said:

He steadied the ship during a very uncertain period. Took a fractured team and rallied them together into a cohesive unit. 

Any Indian captain who is not blemished would have been able to do so.But still give it to him.Ganguly was the best thing to happen to Indian cricket.Ideally I would have liked Kohli like captain taking over the reign after him followed by dhoni like captain much later.