Kohli

Rahane

Nair

Saha

Kuldeep

Jaddu

Jayant

Yadav

Ashwin is injured and needs to go must only play fit and firing players. I would drop Ishant on the basis that India needs to play to their strength which is spin.

I think Kuldeep and Jayant also strengthen the batting order considerably too.

This Dharmashala pitch having grass talk is making things complicated.

Regardless of Aussie batting against swing, you wouldn't want to face them on a green track for a decider.

If we do have a pace track, there will be a dilemma of whether to pick 2 pacers or 3 pacers.

If we pick 3 pacers, should we go with 4 bowlers or 5 bowlers.

If we go with 4 bowlers, obviously Ashwin gets dropped which won't be a problem if we win. But if we lose, the backlash may be huge so team will be confused on what to do.

Damn.

INDIA WILL LOSE THE SERIES IF THERE IS GRASS ON THIS PITCH.

Make no mistake Australia has a far far superior pace bowling line up importantly also they have the quality of batsmen that can handle those conditions, India do not.

Australia to win the series and the humiliation for India, 2-1.

1 hour ago, King Tendulkar said:

Why is everyone saying ashwin injured and effecting bowling 

not heard this anywhere in mainstream media or from india camp 

seems a case of Chinese whispers on icf

he may have a minor issue . But here that's been blown in to his mega injured and so can't bowl properly . Total speculation and gossip imo 

Before this series started - http://www.cricket.com.au/news/ravi-ashwin-anil-kumble-david-warner-australia-first-test-steve-smith-virat-kohli/2017-02-18

After England series, Ashwin and Vijay pulled out of Ranji Trophy QF - http://www.espncricinfo.com/ranji-trophy-2016-17/content/story/1073655.html

"Ashwin told me that he has sports hernia, and if he continues to play he may have to go for surgery," TNCA secretary Kasi Viswanathan told ESPNcricinfo. "What he needs is rest. That's the diagnosis."

Edited by sensible-indian
2 hours ago, King Tendulkar said:

Why is everyone saying ashwin injured and effecting bowling 

not heard this anywhere in mainstream media or from india camp 

seems a case of Chinese whispers on icf

he may have a minor issue . But here that's been blown in to his mega injured and so can't bowl properly . Total speculation and gossip imo 

"I will try to get through the 20 days. My injury concerns have been a bit of an issue. It was on the back of my mind in the last two series. Against New Zealand and England I could perform only 60-70 per cent of my potential. I'm trying to get better and put more strength on my body. Sports Hernia is something that can't be managed easily. It's been a big challenge for me. It takes a lot of time to warm up these days," Ashwin said.

Source: https://sports.ndtv.com/india-vs-england-2016-17/ravichandran-ashwin-reveals-how-he-played-through-injury-against-england-1660823

Also: http://www.cricket.com.au/news/ravi-ashwin-anil-kumble-david-warner-australia-first-test-steve-smith-virat-kohli/2017-02-18

He said all these just before the Aussie series. So clearly it has started affecting him. He needs to go through surgery to recover completely.

Edited by Forever Indian
14 hours ago, sensible-indian said:

This Dharmashala pitch having grass talk is making things complicated.

Regardless of Aussie batting against swing, you wouldn't want to face them on a green track for a decider.

If we do have a pace track, there will be a dilemma of whether to pick 2 pacers or 3 pacers.

If we pick 3 pacers, should we go with 4 bowlers or 5 bowlers.

If we go with 4 bowlers, obviously Ashwin gets dropped which won't be a problem if we win. But if we lose, the backlash may be huge so team will be confused on what to do.

Damn.

And can't emphasize enough the importance of the toss.