India needs Split captaincy

Well I know it didn't worked out in the past but i do think it was mainly due to Playing under each other indifferent formats..
A different player captaining the shorter format can work Out for India If He is not Playing test cricket or is not regulAR There.

Just Like Root and Morgan

Now Kohli looks like he is not gud enuf to captain in the Shorter format as he is not Pro-active
and looks clueless .Test cricket is different and he is doing fine there.

Why not Make Rohit Sharma Captain In ODI and T-20s and groom KL rahul.
Rohit will have different team.New style and Players. It might Work for India.

Kohli deserves his time, even though personally i dnt see him winning crunch moments in LOI....Still u have to give anyone time to fail n learn.

Captains cant be removed like that, specially someone who is most respected in dressing room among young players as leader

Coming to rohit , he has to do a lot more as a leader then winning IPL to get that leadership. 1st he has to be fit....have been getting injured....then raise his game in tough conditions 

Rohit looks like someone who has the control over LOI but there is a lot more to leadership then that. 

Yeah, Rat has too much power. I hate his smug face already. Who does he think he is to kick out one of the legends of the game and appoint a cheerleader as his coach ? He hasnt even won the World Cup like Dhoni did. What has he achieved for the team again ? Have we won a test series against SA or Aus overseas to warrant this kind of power ?

Edited by kubrickian

I don't like the direction in which Indian cricket is heading. And I don't like the direction in which Virat Kohli is heading.

But then I could well be proven wrong. Maybe this dictatorship Virat is building will lead to glory?

My bet is of course this will all end badly. Maybe this spoiled bad boy dictatorial style is indeed the best approach.  Even if true, however, I don't see it translating to success because there are serious concerns about Virat's on field strategies and tactics. 

18 hours ago, kosingh said:

I don't like the direction in which Indian cricket is heading. And I don't like the direction in which Virat Kohli is heading.

But then I could well be proven wrong. Maybe this dictatorship Virat is building will lead to glory?

My bet is of course this will all end badly. Maybe this spoiled bad boy dictatorial style is indeed the best approach.  Even if true, however, I don't see it translating to success because there are serious concerns about Virat's on field strategies and tactics. 

If being  dictatorial meant he was going to go against or beyond the status quo..override selectors etc and leave his legacy I am all up for it but right now he is coming across more as a toddler throwing tantrums in a toy shop than a dictator

1.Rohit Sharma is well on his way into the test team whether we like it or not.So that logic of not being regular won't work.

2.Kohli will never voluntarily quit ODI captaincy atleast till 2019 .No one in the BCCI will want to cross him as of now either.

He won his only odi series as captain and also reached final in his first ICC tournament.BCCI can't even find an excuse .

Whichever way you look at it, Kohli will be our captain atleast till 2019 .

Considering we seem not be interested in bringing any youngsters into the team with captaincy potential , it will be much longer regardless of the result in 2019

1.Rohit Sharma is well on his way into the test team whether we like it or not.So that logic of not being regular won't work.

2.Kohli will never voluntarily quit ODI captaincy atleast till 2019 .No one in the BCCI will want to cross him as of now either.

He won his only odi series as captain and also reached final in his first ICC tournament.BCCI can't even find an excuse .

Whichever way you look at it, Kohli will be our captain atleast till 2019 .

Considering we seem not be interested in bringing any youngsters into the team with captaincy potential , it will be much longer regardless of the result in 2019.

On 7/16/2017 at 10:52 AM, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Kohli deserves his time, even though personally i dnt see him winning crunch moments in LOI....Still u have to give anyone time to fail n learn.

Captains cant be removed like that, specially someone who is most respected in dressing room among young players as leader

Coming to rohit , he has to do a lot more as a leader then winning IPL to get that leadership. 1st he has to be fit....have been getting injured....then raise his game in tough conditions 

Rohit looks like someone who has the control over LOI but there is a lot more to leadership then that. 

So is that your view after all these years you've spent in the dressing room with the lads I reckon ?

Most respected ? gtfo..

Yelling like an idiot , cursing your own team mates and deleting random tweets a year old doesn't get you respect -  Silence is golden and Dhoni/Dravid / Sachin have garnered a much higher level of respect without all the Antics and bullyish behaviour of Kohli. 

Kohli may be a good batsman but certainly isn't a leader and his level of panic and lack of the ability to read the game in crunch situations isn't getting any admiration on and off the field.  

47 minutes ago, bleaf27 said:

So is that your view after all these years you've spent in the dressing room with the lads I reckon ?

Most respected ? gtfo..

Yelling like an idiot , cursing your own team mates and deleting random tweets a year old doesn't get you respect -  Silence is golden and Dhoni/Dravid / Sachin have garnered a much higher level of respect without all the Antics and bullyish behaviour of Kohli. 

Kohli may be a good batsman but certainly isn't a leader and his level of panic and lack of the ability to read the game in crunch situations isn't getting any admiration on and off the field.  

Do u want me to throw interviews of the player on ur face where they talk about respecting kohli .......

25 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Do u want me to throw interviews of the player on ur face where they talk about respecting kohli .......

I seriously wonder sometimes whether you seriously aren't that bright or whether you pretend to be much less brighter than you are.

Interviews of players is your evidence of him being the most respected player ?   Bollywood,  use some reasoning for once .   Does anyone in the cricketing fraternity need to see interviews of other players to determine the level of respectability that Dhoni/Drvaid/Sachin drew from their team ?

Kohli is quite a bullly - his antics / his verbal outbursts and now his role in getting Kumble out are quite evident-  Learn the differnece between Respect vs Fear.  What do you expect from any player in the media ? , blasting their own captain ? - considering Kohli is quite senior now compared to a lot of new crop to say ? - "No I don't respect him , I am just scared of him"  ,   Interviews are churned out by PR machineries and you have to maintain the same level of decorum.  You aren't going to blast our boss in an interview when you are a part of the national team and will be blown out by the Media !

Kohli is quite a failure as a captain and regardless of what his stats are at the end of his journey , he would never have that level of respect and admiration from his contemporaries.   and You are out making statements as most respected and leader ?   -  Leader of the idiots maybe. Take away his captaincy and power - let's see how much "Respect" you see from his team mates then 

Edited by bleaf27
12 minutes ago, bleaf27 said:

I seriously wonder sometimes whether you seriously aren't that bright or whether you pretend to be much less brighter than you are.

Well i dnt wanna brag....ohhh but wat the hell with u everything is fair

Look at ur post and upvotes and look mine....yea m brighter then u 

Kehne ko to Ahmed shehzad bhi kahega ha stats mere bure hai kohli se lekin main bastman usse acha hu

Interviews of players is your evidence of him being the most respected player ?   Bollywood,  use some reasoning for once .   Does anyone in the cricketing fraternity need to see interviews of other players to determine the level of respectability that Dhoni/Drvaid/Sachin drew from their team ?

Kohli is quite a bullly - his antics / his verbal outbursts and now his role in getting Kumble out -  Learn the differnece between Respect vs Fear.  What do you expect any player - considering Kohli is quite senior now compared to a lot of new crop to say ? - "No I don't respect him , I am just scared of him"  ,   Interviews are churned out by PR machineries and you have to maintain the same level of decorum.  You aren't going to blast our boss in an interview when part of the national team and will be blown out by Media !

Kohli is quite a failure as a captain and regardless of what his stats are at the end of his journey , he would never have that level of respect and admiration from his contemporaries.   and You are out making statements as most respected and leader ?   -  Leader of the idiots maybe. Take away his captaincy and power - let's see how much "Respect" you see from his team mates then 

Someone plzz answer this  with interviews of ashwin, dravid , dhoni, kl rahul where they talk about kohli as player, captain, his approach and inspiration. Dnt wanna go n waste time on google finding stuff to prove a point to some whose every fact is so wrong that .......uffff

Also please give interviews of his contemporaries and ex cricketer....like amir , finch, naseer hussain and many many 

Marked ones are laughable n gems ......bande ke facts hi bhayanak galat hai

Sorry man i can answer n rip apart ur each n every quote but that wud take me a hell lot of time n the clueless gems u have been posting i have decided not to waste anymore time on ur agenda driven post 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
24 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Well i dnt wanna brag....ohhh but wat the hell with u everything is fair

Look at ur post and upvotes and look mine....yea m brighter then u 

Kehne ko to Ahmed shehzad bhi kahega ha stats mere bure hai kohli se lekin main bastman usse acha hu

Someone plzz answer this  with interviews of ashwin, dravid , dhoni, kl rahul where they talk about kohli as player, captain, his approach and inspiration. Dnt wanna go n waste time on google finding stuff to prove a point to some whose every fact is so wrong that .......uffff

Also please give interviews of his contemporaries and ex cricketer....like amir , finch, naseer hussain and many many 

Marked ones are laughable n gems ......bande ke facts hi bhayanak galat hai

Sorry man i can answer n rip apart ur each n every quote but that wud take me a hell lot of time n the clueless gems u have been posting i have decided not to waste anymore time on ur agenda driven post 

Yup , the only thing you could put forth in pretty much most of your posts are melodramatic hyperbole BS quite evident in most of what you say , bollywood.   Logic isn't your forte.

Praising someone on the Media in a one off interview is considered as the "most respected leader"   ?    You've lost your nuts .

Dhoni would be still be a better leader than Kohli , Heck even Sarfaraz is a better leader than Kohli-   Don't mix calibre as a player vs Calibre as a leader smart one.    A leader isn't necessarily the best player -  Kohli is no leader - he's never led a team well by himself !  His body language when odds against him are quite poor , he has lack of ideas and looks quite lost and on top his idiotic captaincy is certainly not leadership worthy.  He may be the best Batsman in the team but nowhere as a leader .....

Steve Waugh was a leader / Ganguly / Dhoni / Dravid -  These are examples of leaders and no need for cricinfo stats copy pasting or random articles to be used - just common sense which is lacking for you.   Using Kohli and leadership in the same sentence.........no wonder bollywood is operating on similar rubbish 

24 minutes ago, bleaf27 said:

Yup , the only thing you could put forth in pretty much most of your posts are melodramatic hyperbole BS quite evident in most of what you say , bollywood.   Logic isn't your forte.

Certainely u cnt even compete that 

UR post are laughed off as gems here n ur talking about my logic

IF a make a thread of ur gems that ll be shifted to jokes section 

24 minutes ago, bleaf27 said:

Praising someone on the Media in a one off interview is considered as the "most respected leader"   ?    You've lost your nuts .

Dhoni would be still be a better leader than Kohli , Heck even Sarfaraz is a better leader than Kohli-   Don't mix calibre as a player vs Calibre as a leader smart one.    A leader isn't necessarily the best player -  Kohli is no leader - he's never led a team well by himself !  His body language when odds against him are quite poor , he has lack of ideas and looks quite lost and on top his idiotic captaincy is certainly not leadership worthy.  He may be the best Batsman in the team but nowhere as a leader .....

Steve Waugh was a leader / Ganguly / Dhoni / Dravid -  These are examples of leaders and no need for cricinfo stats copy pasting or random articles to be used - just common sense which is lacking for you.   Using Kohli and leadership in the same sentence.........no wonder bollywood is operating on similar rubbish 

Whenever u say dhoni as gr8 leader u shud mention dhoni as gr8 LOI leader, test he was poor

His bodylang, ideas were most bizzare ...........kohli test captaincy looks way better as of now 

GAnguly dravid had their own issues 

Ganguky was no far from being biased and stupid on many occasions and he was no far away from controversies n off field drama. His politics was one of the worst and he reaped it in return 

Dravid leadership wasnt strong enough, even though tactically i regd him really high as a leader he had many issues

even sarfraz how much has he even captain to be put across kohli, yes he looks a better captain in pressure situation but there is more to captaincy 

N put these names across kohli when kohli captains as much as them . 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03