Among south indian states , tamilnadu leads in number of people who are interested in learning hindi !!!

velu

Tamils in my experience are pretty open to learn other languages contrary to the image which is built about them . Infact in general all south states , Gujrathis , Marathis , Marwaris and to an extent even UP/Bihar hindi belt albeit uneducated put an effort . The rest of Hindi speaking and Bengalis for some reason are a reluctant lot . 

Learning a little bit of Hindi to converse is the extent one would go but I dont see people from non Hindi states learning Hindi in a full fledged way as they would learn English because English is useful for studies and doing jobs but learning Hindi is not useful for practical purposes.

Good start. There is no harm in learning additional languages. 

People in my family can speak all or some sort of combination from Gujarati, Hindi, Punjabi, English and French. If I have time, I would like to learn Sanskrit and Latin.

9 hours ago, G_B_ said:

hmm i suspect its something to do with the rise of cbse schools in TN?

No it's inverse.

That stat is for learning from Hindi sabha .

In the other states like Kerala or Karnataka, the percentage of CBSE or Hindi language (part of three language system ) is more common.

So there isn't any need to go to Hindi sabha to learn Hindi.Whereas Tamil Nadu strictly follows two language system and CBSE schools percentage is very low .

Hence this is natural option if u wanna learn Hindi.Unlike in Kerala or Andra or Kartnaka the natural Avenue for learning Hindi will be in School itself.

@velu is just being  ingenious :cantstop:

10 hours ago, velu said:

@Malcolm Merlyn

KLPD for DMK internet wing @BeautifulGame  @StriKe:phehe:  

20246460_10207202475898779_4867284203773340542_n.jpg

Nice attempt :cantstop:

But that stats for Hindi sabha not actual Tamils overall learning Hindi .Not that anything wrong with it.

P.S

Don't think DMK or for that matter any political movement or any organisation past hasn't been against learning Hindi on their own will. It's always against imposition .

People from south find it much easier to learn hindi, but same can't be said the other way round. I tried learning malayalam, and I could not go beyond learning numbers from 1 to 4 or chetta/chechi . It's a tough language.

5 hours ago, BeautifulGame said:

Nice attempt :cantstop:

But that stats for Hindi sabha not actual Tamils overall learning Hindi .Not that anything wrong with it.

P.S

Don't think DMK or for that matter any political movement or any organisation past hasn't been against learning Hindi on their own will. It's always against imposition .

kya attempt hain ?

this BS politics about hindi imposition by DMK is quite outdated and they are trying to bring this 1960 ka protests now :p:

and they tried to restart their anti-brahmin thing now and got KLPD

2 hours ago, velu said:

kya attempt hain ?

this BS politics about hindi imposition by DMK is quite outdated and they are trying to bring this 1960 ka protests now :p:

Actually before meeting Tamils I was taught by northies including my family that Tamilians are against Hindi only to realise allmost of half my Tamil batchmates picked up Hindi quite quickly. Those who didnt, werent opposed to it. Opposing a language in whatever pretext (imposition or what)is nothing but political crap. I remember Mulayam Singh got rid of English just to get few votes of youngster who found it difficult to learn/pass English exams

3 hours ago, velu said:

No one is even talking about Hindi imposition as of now though,regardless of DmK or Stalin try.

Most is talking mainly about Neduvasal .Guess who is being based there mainly :p:

44 minutes ago, mishra said:

Actually before meeting Tamils I was taught by northies including my family that Tamilians are against Hindi only to realise allmost of half my Tamil batchmates picked up Hindi quite quickly. Those who didnt, werent opposed to it. Opposing a language in whatever pretext (imposition or what)is nothing but political crap. I remember Mulayam Singh got rid of English just to get few votes of youngster who found it difficult to learn/pass English exams

its not that diffuclt to learn hindi ( and viceversa )  if someone tries to learn considering lots of common words in both the languages ..

we dont learn our languages in a right way  in the schooldays ( i myself studied till 8th , but our focus is just to pass hindi and even the syllabus concentrates only on the writing part )

@velu being a Tamil person i can tell you that learning Hindi and accepting Hindi as a national language are two totally different things for Tamils. Learning English and Hindi is necessary. But accepting Hindi to be imposed in public life is not. Several people in TN actually learn Hindi either in school or privately in Hindi tuitions wont change their political stand to oppose Hindi imposed as a national language.

5 hours ago, Vilander said:

@velu being a Tamil person i can tell you that learning Hindi and accepting Hindi as a national language are two totally different things for Tamils. Learning English and Hindi is necessary. But accepting Hindi to be imposed in public life is not. Several people in TN actually learn Hindi either in school or privately in Hindi tuitions wont change their political stand to oppose Hindi imposed as a national language.

this imposing hindi in TN hogwash .. same here in karnataka as well ..

they did a namesake protest here in bangalore , blackened hindi hoardings in 2 metros and went home after ..

interstingly popular kannada outfits didnt participate in this .. desperate times for opposition partise

4 hours ago, velu said:

this imposing hindi in TN hogwash .. same here in karnataka as well ..

they did a namesake protest here in bangalore , blackened hindi hoardings in 2 metros and went home after ..

interstingly popular kannada outfits didnt participate in this .. desperate times for opposition partise

totally political as always like in TN. But token protest is all it takes in a democracy. Say for instance mandate Hindi knowledge for all government posts you will see a lot happening pretty quickly on the ground. There is nothing demeaning or hogwash about a political protest.