Shardul Thakur : Your thoughts after his first game?

9 minutes ago, Forever Indian said:

Very good speeds initially then slowed down in later spells, so has to improve stamina. Looked decent, but real test will be against better teams, hopefully upcoming Aus series he gets some games.

Don't think he will get any games with Umesh Shami Bhuvi and Bumrah around.

18 minutes ago, sourab10forever said:

Don't think he will get any games with Umesh Shami Bhuvi and Bumrah around.

Shami is unfit half the time and umesh is damn inconsitent when it comes to LOI, time to give a good run to shardul specially LOI home series against SL were i expect half team to be unavl due to SA tour 

I would like to watch him in a few international matches before forming a more complete opinion.

After seeing him in FC, A-tours and the IPL ..... my impression is .....

He is a skillful bowler .... can bowl  quick in some spells, hits the deck hard often enough, has a natural outswinger, can seam the ball, has a good bouncer, can bowl yorkers, can reverse the ball ..... has shown wicket-taking ability on two A tours, in practice matches against SA and in FC and List A matches.

His issues are .... he may lack stamina and his quicker balls are usually bouncers and yorkers .... he needs to learn to bowl quick good-length balls.  

Edited by express bowling

I have been wanting Shardul Thakur to play for India for quite some time now ..... because he is pacy,   has a wide range of skills ( swing and seam both ways, reverse swing, bounce, bouncers, yorkers )  and  picks up loads of wickets in important FC and List A matches  ( A-tours, Ranji knock-outs, practice match against SA touring team  etc. ).  His seam position is decent too.

--  Shardul  bowling in  Ranji Trophy final 2016-17 and gets a  4-fer

He is bowling an impeccable line and length here at pace and one of the wickets is off a quick bouncer.

http://www.bcci.tv/videos/id/3742/ranji-trophy-final-2016-17-mumbai-vs-gujarat-shardul-thakurs-484

--  Next he is seen bowling in Ranji Trophy final 2015-16 and gets a 5-fer.  He performs in big matches and takes loads of wickets.

He bounces out Pujara here with a snorter, gets another batter with a rising, short delivery,  bowls an excellent yorker and we see a good outswinger too.

http://www.bcci.tv/videos/id/2028/ranji-trophy-2015-16-saurashtra-vs-mumbai-shardul-thakurs-5-wicket-haul

-- Next he is seen bowling in Ranji semi-final 2016-17 and gets a 4-fer

Movement both ways, pace, bounce, seam movement and yorker ..... everything seen here

http://www.bcci.tv/videos/id/3701/ranji-trophy-sf-1-2016-17-mumbai-vs-tamil-nadu-shardul-thakurs-475

Edited by express bowling