Taking the historic trip to India

Cricketics

On 01/11/2017 at 12:34 PM, Cricketics said:

How easy/hard it is to commute in Delhi via metro. For example travelling between Greater Noida to different parts of Delhi by metro and Faridabad by metro? I have ome family members all over Delhi including NCR region, Fariadabad and Great Noida. 

Greater Noida metro nahi jati...Noida city centre, golf course n botanical garden are the last 3 stations.  metro, ola/uber and auto-rickshaw. And for short distances  e-rickshaws can be used.

office time (9 to 11:30 am , 4:30-7pm) in metro in relatively crowded. rest of the time, it's fine.

I suggest make a metro smartcard. U won't need to stand in tkt queue n will save 10% on ticket price.

Safe travels and have a great time, dost!

Random advice:

(1) Always apply Odomos. 

(2) Buy a Good Knight plug-in unit and 100 refill pads.  Use. all. the. time.

(3) Travel South.  The Souther, the better.  There are some hidden architectural gems and beautiful locales.  Thanjavur in Tamil Nadu has some of world's most intricate stone-work.  Belur and Halebeedu in Karnataka are totally hidden gems of ancient intricate architecture.  Last we visited, Kerala was still a great place to go.  Do an overnight rice boat trip on Kumarakom lake.  

(4) If you are in a different sort of mood, go to Khajuraho :-).

7 hours ago, Cricketics said:

I used to visit Amritsar regularly in childhood and roam around as a young kid. I never noticed that problem. I am sure there are such problems every where in India in small hoods or villages, but thats even a problem in USA or Canada or whichever bif country one can think of. No place is safe that way barring Norway and countries like that. Have to have open mind about it and avoid small areas I believe. 

Drug problem is big in punjab now.

I don't know if it has come to a state where it has affected the law and order...but it is big.

5 hours ago, randomGuy said:

Greater Noida metro nahi jati...Noida city centre, golf course n botanical garden are the last 3 stations.  metro, ola/uber and auto-rickshaw. And for short distances  e-rickshaws can be used.

office time (9 to 11:30 am , 4:30-7pm) in metro in relatively crowded. rest of the time, it's fine.

I suggest make a metro smartcard. U won't need to stand in tkt queue n will save 10% on ticket price.

Thanks bro for the info. So I guess same thing for Faridabad too? Are they trying to build metro for Faridqbad or or that is not part of the plan? 

2 hours ago, Cricketics said:

Thanks bro for the info. So I guess same thing for Faridabad too? Are they trying to build metro for Faridqbad or or that is not part of the plan? 

Faridabad is alreay covered. Greater Noida I think will take 2 yrs the way construction work is going. Abhi pink line shuru hogi in 2-5 months which will go along ring road.

9 minutes ago, randomGuy said:

Faridabad is alreay covered. Greater Noida I think will take 2 yrs the way construction work is going. Abhi pink line shuru hogi in 2-5 months which will go along ring road.

Chalo sahi hai, achi information hai yeh. Ab achi khane piine kinjagha bhi bata toh like popular ones these days mainly for vegetarian. From chole bhature place to puri-alooo too any dhabas to to paneer pakode place etc. I am open too all joints from roadside to anything.

29 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

Chalo sahi hai, achi information hai yeh. Ab achi khane piine kinjagha bhi bata toh like popular ones these days mainly for vegetarian. From chole bhature place to puri-alooo too any dhabas to to paneer pakode place etc. I am open too all joints from roadside to anything.

Chhole bhature to paneer pakoda to south Indian, you will get everything fairly close by. For chole bhature and lassi we goto https://www.zomato.com/ncr/chache-di-hatti-kamla-nagar-new-delhi?amp=1 coz it is somewhat near. People use zomato and Google to find the best ones near their area based on ratings/reviews etc.

44 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

You want amazing food, go to old Delhi, I'm sure you've been there!

23 hours ago, beetle said:

Drug problem is big in punjab now.

I don't know if it has come to a state where it has affected the law and order...but it is big.

It's not like Mexico or Colombia where people are getting killed by the bucketloads by drugs cartels. As long as you stick to the main tourist areas in any place you will be safe. I'd be more worried about visiting the likes of Delhi and UP where rapes are common.