Two simple rules for getting selected in The Friendship Team (Team India)

2 hours ago, King Tendulkar said:

Funny thing is nearly everyone in this forum has picked ishant for sa test series . Yet gone mental picked today lol 

ps he actually bowled well today 

If one notes down the number of times someone has said this line on this forum one would assume Ishant is a legendary ATG bowler. Yet he is a piss poor mediocre talentless bowler. I don't know what it is ICF likes in him. Is it his hair? Or his face? Or people like his antics? Because I cannot see how one can praise his bowling.

32 minutes ago, Pollack said:

If one notes down the number of times someone has said this line on this forum one would assume Ishant is a legendary ATG bowler. Yet he is a piss poor mediocre talentless bowler. I don't know what it is ICF likes in him. Is it his hair? Or his face? Or people like his antics? Because I cannot see how one can praise his bowling.

You must be a short man. 

1 hour ago, Pollack said:

He is the reason we don't have anyone new making test debut. 

5 hours ago, Pollack said:

he is praised when he bowls well and abused when he does not. He is one of most abused and hated player in ICF.

7 hours ago, wanted_desi said:

You know when Mark Stoneman was selected for this match based on his form, something like that will never happen in India under Virat Kohli. Once you get into team and you are chamcha of Captain, then you will never be dropped. 

Disagree root has no balls . Picks his mates 

we all know cooks record sucks in ashes ans so he shoudl have been dropped

Anderson only good at home ( Rohit type ) but yet they pick him still and is old git . Has root not seen fc stats and Jamie porter top wicket taker ? Shoudl have replaced Anderson 

rooot himself shoudl be axed as horrid record in oz

england horrid mates 11

13 hours ago, Cricketics said:

Thats a myth that he kicked out oldies lol. Sachin did not want to play 2020 for India and Ganguly and co were on their way out anyway after shambolic 2007 wc.

Dhoni did want certain player and was assertive but something are just overe exaggerated, especially now since the events took place 10 years ago.

Dhoni in his tenure did not try too many things and was hell bent in trying same shyt. Kohli even though we all want him to try different things and hasn’t done enough, still has tried Siraj, dropped Yuvi, not picked guys like Raina easily over other guys etc.

You are comparing a person who captained India 10 plus years to Kohli who has just became captain Full time In all the formats. 

This new captain has already made few changes and given chances to many youngsters including like Chahal, Kuldeep ahead of Jadeja/Ashwin etc.

Things don’t change over night, but to prove your point, don’t make it sound as if past captains would make changes over night to give every youngster in India their chance. 

Kohli isn’t perfect captain but he has backed the right guys or most of the rght things are being done. He can not please you me and every ICF member everytime. We all like different players so he is not there to make all of us happy.

Live with this captain because he is going to be our captain for the next 5 years at least and I must say I rather have this guy than anyone to lead the Indian team.

How do you justify dropping of Rahul from odi squad, not giving consistent run to Manish Pandey in odi and dropping Rahul from playing 11 in T20. At the same time backing TTF Karthik and old age uncle Dhoni.

47 minutes ago, raki05 said:

How do you justify dropping of Rahul from odi squad, not giving consistent run to Manish Pandey in odi and dropping Rahul from playing 11 in T20. At the same time backing TTF Karthik and old age uncle Dhoni.

Rahul was injured half the time and when he was fit, Kohli decided to keep his players he thought who were doing decent, otherwise he would have picked Rahul, just like he picked Dhawan and did not play Vijay, but he did bring Vijay back here in the 2nd test. 

However, yes I agree Rahul should have been played recently, but not in every game since you have to give captain some time too since a n injured player who is out of injury can't just walk into the first game. 

Regarding Manish Pandey, Kohli took him to Australia and he got a century there and after that Kohli played him through out. Pandey had few ordinary series in the middle and after that got dropped, but found his way back in and is now going to be playing again. 

Regarding Dhoni, he should continue in ODI but not in 2020. 

2 hours ago, Cricketics said:

Rahul was injured half the time and when he was fit, Kohli decided to keep his players he thought who were doing decent, otherwise he would have picked Rahul, just like he picked Dhawan and did not play Vijay, but he did bring Vijay back here in the 2nd test. 

However, yes I agree Rahul should have been played recently, but not in every game since you have to give captain some time too since a n injured player who is out of injury can't just walk into the first game. 

Regarding Manish Pandey, Kohli took him to Australia and he got a century there and after that Kohli played him through out. Pandey had few ordinary series in the middle and after that got dropped, but found his way back in and is now going to be playing again. 

Regarding Dhoni, he should continue in ODI but not in 2020. 

What abt Karthik playing in place of Manish Pandey in NZ series. If you see Manish Pandey in Australia series, his performance was not at all bad if not excellent. Question is the way they back certain individuals whether it's Dhoni or Kohli is always questionable, as we don't see the same backing for more deserved players. The way Pant, Rahul and Manish has been treated so far doesn't give impression that young player is backed by him. Even within chahal and Kuldeep he prefer chahal in odi and that is fine as he performed better, however I don't see the same backing for Kuldeep in test matches even the debut which he got was under Rahane and if  rumuor are true he was against that decision. What I see is he has an orthodox approach, he has its to try new players who are not within his circles of trust and still leaves under shadow of msd,  I would like him to take the reins in his hand in odi as well just like test matches ( toughest format) in that way it would also break some people myth that Dhoni is irreplaceable in odi.

6 hours ago, raki05 said:

What abt Karthik playing in place of Manish Pandey in NZ series. If you see Manish Pandey in Australia series, his performance was not at all bad if not excellent. Question is the way they back certain individuals whether it's Dhoni or Kohli is always questionable, as we don't see the same backing for more deserved players. The way Pant, Rahul and Manish has been treated so far doesn't give impression that young player is backed by him. Even within chahal and Kuldeep he prefer chahal in odi and that is fine as he performed better, however I don't see the same backing for Kuldeep in test matches even the debut which he got was under Rahane and if  rumuor are true he was against that decision. What I see is he has an orthodox approach, he has its to try new players who are not within his circles of trust and still leaves under shadow of msd,  I would like him to take the reins in his hand in odi as well just like test matches ( toughest format) in that way it would also break some people myth that Dhoni is irreplaceable in odi.

Karthik got picked by selectors before that during CT because he was doing well in domestic and India wanted a back up keeper. So Kohli gave him a chance instead of just discarding him without playig him any game.

Kohli gave Rahane chance too since he keep getting picked but then he recently did not play in the series against NZ.

Pant like I have said many times needs to be given chance and like I havee said over and over again. you have to give captain some time. It wasn’t too long ago CT got over, since then we have made many changes and many more need to be made. A series overseries like we will have in Soutth Africa will be make or break for many. Its been like this forever where anyone who fails massively in an overseas series gets dropped and changes are made right after. Same will hopen again.

So give the guy who just became full time captian some time. He can not make you, me and everyone happy all the time. I don’t agree with many of his selections but he could be right in backing some and could be wronf in backing some. We will only have to wait and see what happens but we need to give him time. 

On 24/11/2017 at 9:07 PM, speedheat said:

NO STATS CRUNCHING, iam going to list some ,he didnt back them though as he was exposed

here are some of his clueless selections

Vijay(in Odis in t20s) negi, tyagi, badrinath, gony,Vinay kumaar, Pravin kumaar, srinath the great arvind, ishant sharma, Stuart Binny,dhawal kulkarni, brainder sarn.. Etc. On top of it

He himself was undeserving as a captain :giggle:

So basically all the players who failed and dint make it when he was the captain ? Unless he had a crystal ball how did you expect him to know they will fail without even trying them out ? 

All the players you have mentioned where picked for having a very good Ranji/IPL season and had major backing even here in ICF untill they played for India . By your logic , every player but the ones in the playing 11 now are clueless selections ? Some of them like Ishant are still in the team ?  Some one like VJ was an under achiever in LOIs , I would infact argue he never got enough chances cos we had to accommodate Rohit sharma from the middle order ? Negi was one of the most expensive players in IPL , Badri was averaging 60 in domestic , Tyagi/Gony where/are rated highly by a lot of people even here in ICF ( I think some one was asking for Tyagi being given another shot just last week ) , PK was hardly a clueless pick , Vinay/Aarvind/Dhawal turned out to be domestic bullys , Binny when picked has scored a hundred in Duleep trophy and Ranji and we where desperate for a AR . Sarn ? seriuosly was he really that bad ? 

We lost 6-7 indian greats by 2011 , did you expect all the spots to be filled in by batsmen of Tendulkar/Dravid/Sehwag/VVS and bowlers of Kumble/Zaheer calible in one go ? 

5 hours ago, jusarrived said:

So basically all the players who failed and dint make it when he was the captain ? Unless he had a crystal ball how did you expect him to know they will fail without even trying them out ? 

All the players you have mentioned where picked for having a very good Ranji/IPL season and had major backing even here in ICF untill they played for India . By your logic , every player but the ones in the playing 11 now are clueless selections ? Some of them like Ishant are still in the team ?  Some one like VJ was an under achiever in LOIs , I would infact argue he never got enough chances cos we had to accommodate Rohit sharma from the middle order ? Negi was one of the most expensive players in IPL , Badri was averaging 60 in domestic , Tyagi/Gony where/are rated highly by a lot of people even here in ICF ( I think some one was asking for Tyagi being given another shot just last week ) , PK was hardly a clueless pick , Vinay/Aarvind/Dhawal turned out to be domestic bullys , Binny when picked has scored a hundred in Duleep trophy and Ranji and we where desperate for a AR . Sarn ? seriuosly was he really that bad ? 

We lost 6-7 indian greats by 2011 , did you expect all the spots to be filled in by batsmen of Tendulkar/Dravid/Sehwag/VVS and bowlers of Kumble/Zaheer calible in one go ? 

Its not about any individual, I have nothing against them, you asked me some undeserving players and I listed so, most of them were average and lacked quality and if they were not they would have easily made comeback and would still have been playing, just look at all those trundlerss who made debut under dhoni :facepalm: and just look at paandya under kohli there is a sea of difference in quality, take bhuvi for instance captain  cool kept on taunting him of not being a death bowler and now look at  him under kohli how he developed his pace and death bowling skills and it also don't require crystal balls to identity talents any individual with honesty and  cricketing experience  can do that, an eye for talent which msd clearly was lacking  and was a massive failure in identifying and developing players, people give credits for dhoni for sticking with some successful quality cricketers so he should be equally criticized for preferring some average ones and if you can't then its a clear case of chamcha giri!

1 hour ago, Unleashed said:

Such a ridiculous thread this. Our selections have been spot on. Just because you watch a duleep trophy match on TV, doesn't mean that you know better than the selectors/coaches etc. 

"Friendship Team" - pfft! Some of you overestimate your intelligence.

Well, one doesn't have to watch Duleep trophy matches to know that you have to give chances to youngsters in such low profile home series atleast. Not tried and tested overseas failures just before all the overseas tours start.

It is pretty clear Rohit and Dhawan do not have the technique for overseas tests, then why not try some youngsters in the team?

Edited by Forever Indian