Performance of Asian bowlers in South Africa

I remember even on that green mamba where laxman was the only batsman that passed 50 Ishant sharma still found it difficult to take wickets. He just isn't any good against good batting line ups. But people always think he has improved after bullying around weak batting line ups with his pace and bounce but I would be happy to see him average less than 45 if he gets picked.

10 hours ago, Brainfade said:

Sreesanth's fall is one of the greatest tragedies of cricket.  Big-time talent in an area where India has historically lacked talent.  With more consistency and concentration, he could've been India's trump card abroad for many years.  Too late now.  

Gives me grief to see how Sreesanth himself and others have ruined him

10 hours ago, Gollum said:

Asif could have been the next Mcgrath, deserved what he got in the end but many batsmen benefited from his ban, esp Sanga who got almost 2000 runs at a humongous average against Asif less Pakistan. 

Lolz. He was nothing more than a trundler. And that too, along with being a cheater! Funny how you say he could have been a Mcgrath. 

Srinath is better version of ishant hit the deck hard fast bowler

Zak is better version of bhuvi swing both ways at medium fast pace bowler 

That's why Srinath and Zak did well in saffer land and england...

Now ishanth and bhuvi need to channel their inner Srinath and Zak. Ideally if

both play at their max focus and effort, ishanth should dominate bhuvi in these conditions.

1 minute ago, Rightarmfast said:

Look at Prasad's stats too. He has pretty similar stats as Asif, however he wasnt a Mcgrath. Asif was nothing more than a trundler to me and he never looked threatening at all.

If he were a mere trundler he wouldn't have bowled so well in Sri Lanka, Aus, NZ, SA and even on that flat featherbed in Karachi 2006. He was an improved version of Pollock with more seam movement and extra 2-3 " height. Highest version of Pollock was Mcgrath, so no reason why Asif couldn't have reached that level at least in test cricket had he not been so corrupt. 

25 minutes ago, Gollum said:

If he were a mere trundler he wouldn't have bowled so well in Sri Lanka, Aus, NZ, SA and even on that flat featherbed in Karachi 2006. He was an improved version of Pollock with more seam movement and extra 2-3 " height. Highest version of Pollock was Mcgrath, so no reason why Asif couldn't have reached that level at least in test cricket had he not been so corrupt. 

Karachi was featherbed? you probably didnt even watch the game? Pakistani were 39/6 once in that  game.

Asif was shorter than Pollock. where you getting that Asif being extra 2-3 inch height on Pollock. Pollock was 6'2.5-3", Asif was at best 6'2".

Edited by rkt.india
9 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Karachi was featherbed? you probably didnt even watch the game? Pakistani were 39/6 once in that  game.

Asif was shorter than Pollock. where you getting that Asif being extra 2-3 inch height on Pollock. Pollock was 6'2.5-3", Asif was at best 6'2".

Karachi flattened out in the 2nd innings like a NZ track.

I always thought Pollock was a short person and underestimated his height (probably judgement clouded by other SA players around him). He is 1.88 m but Asif still at 1.93 m is 5 cm taller than him, around 2".

4 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Karachi flattened out in the 2nd innings like a NZ track.

I always thought Pollock was a short person and underestimated his height (probably judgement clouded by other SA players around him). He is 1.88 m but Asif still at 1.93 m is 5 cm taller than him, around 2".

where did you get asif being 1.93 meters? Karachi did not flatten out in 2nd innings, we just did not have the bowlers to utilize seam. Both Pathan and Zak was swing bowlers, not seam.

Edited by rkt.india