Guys, be careful....

beetle

Stay away from bihar....:fear1:

You might get married at gun point.

Poor guy :((

https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/felt-helpless-couldnt-escape-bihar-groom-who-was-forced-to-marry-at-gunpoint-1796883?amp=1&akamai-rum=off

"We Aren't Hanging You," Bihar Engineer, Married At Gunpoint, Was Told

What kind of effed up people think this is a marriage?

What kind of life do they expect the girl to have?

Not that this is an exception . I know of people who are forced to marry by their own family. There the gun is emotional and social. But this is just effed up !!!

^ Not talking abt this thread -

Forgetting abt this Bihar incident, and forgetting "forced" situations to some extent -

Even then, You are expecting romance/happiness in conservative Indian arranged marriages. Reality unfortunately is, It is more like stay together to run the mundane things of life and only practical aspects. Love may happen or may not happen. That's how Indian marriages are. Though since 2000s, it has changed partially so our generation is experiencing it marginally better. Compatibility and Love/Romance is not given importance by previous arranged marriages, and changing now.

Edited by fineleg

13 minutes ago, fineleg said:

^ Not talking abt this thread -

Forgetting abt this Bihar incident, and forgetting "forced" situations to some extent -

Even then, You are expecting romance/happiness in conservative Indian arranged marriages. Reality unfortunately is, It is more like stay together to run the mundane things of life and only practical aspects. Love may happen or may not happen. That's how Indian marriages are. Though since 2000s, it has changed partially so our generation is experiencing it marginally better. Compatibility and Love/Romance is not given importance by previous arranged marriages, and changing now.

:((

Shaadi barbaadi ?

Edited by beetle

https://www.inshorts.com/news/बिहार-में-2016-के-दौरान-बंदूक-के-दम-पर-कराई-गईं-3075-शादियां-1496581931991

:fear1::fear1:

3075 such marriages in bihar in 2016.

I have heard of such a marriage in Rajasthan also...

But in that case , the marriage was arranged even before the kids were born .

The guy joined the Army. 

One day he went back on leave, they forced him to marry at gun point. 

He never really accepted her. 

She stayed in the village with his parents.

He married again later on.

Edited by beetle

Watch antardwand. A very hard hitting movie on this trend which is called 'Pakadua Biyah' 

This was very rampant everywhere in lalu raaj. Currently its reduced only to very backward villages. 

10 years ago a younger brother of of one of the employees of my uncle was married like that. 

This had become a trend to negotiate the dowry families of good earning boys asked.

Currently its just another crime which has been carried forward. 

Also its getting attention because its being reported, there are many cases where both the girl and boy are told to JUST ACCEPT IT. 

YES BIHAR IS STILL BACKWARD. It will take time to undo what lalu did :( 

29 minutes ago, sscomp32 said:

Watch antardwand. A very hard hitting movie on this trend which is called 'Pakadua Biyah' 

This was very rampant everywhere in lalu raaj. Currently its reduced only to very backward villages. 

10 years ago a younger brother of of one of the employees of my uncle was married like that. 

This had become a trend to negotiate the dowry families of good earning boys asked.

Also its getting attention because its being reported, there are many cases where both the girl and boy are told to JUST ACCEPT IT. 

when you will get married ? :phehe:

do you prfer to ger married at gunpoint or knife point ? :phehe: 

On 07/01/2018 at 1:44 PM, sscomp32 said:

A lot of people find Lalu cool and enjoy his interviews, I don't understand what attracts them, to be honest I can't stand him even though he's rated as a 'management guru' by certain IIMs.

Edited by MechEng

On 08/01/2018 at 1:14 AM, sscomp32 said:

I read that sometimes the guys themselves go and get kidnapped by the girl's family. They like the girl and they know their parents won't agree or demand high dowry which the girl's parents will reject.....hence the fake kidnapping.He gets to have the girl and his rotten family's sympathy .

Also read that if the girl is pretty , such marriages are more successful  over time and the panchayat often brokers peace.

The not so pretty girls often have to settle for being treated like a servant.

24 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

And if this was not all. After this, they guy is now facing 398A filed against him. 

:facepalm::facepalm:

Ab itna aasaan nahi hai.

He should take the girl and her family to court .

Edited by beetle

hmm i guess its the way we view women in society.

I think due to lack of money and/or good looks and/or qualifications some girls cannot get married. Rather than being a drain on her parents and brothers to provide for her the brides side dumps her as a responsibility on some other family.

At its core this is an economic issue. While the boy will lose out, 100% the girl will lose out as well. 

I have read about this is dowry cases as well. Father of the bride promises the a lot to get girl hitched. Once hitched he fails to deliver what is promised. Then he shuts the doors on her so she cannot return. Usually happens with families with large siblings.