Dowry Calculator !!!

velu

2 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

I didn't know groom's skin color is also used to set the dowry limit. Pitch Black (not visible in a moonless night) altho' funny, shows how sorry our collective consciousness is. 

It is even worse when it comes to girls.

Atleast guys have tall, dark and handsome going for them.

Never heard of dark and beautiful for girls.

I have heard of girls who had to walk , open their hair , lift the saree to show legs for inspection to inlaws during bride seeing.

Match making is a pretty tasteless tamasha.

Edited by beetle

I didn't know groom's skin color is also used to set the dowry limit. Pitch Black (not visible in a moonless night) altho' funny, shows how sorry our collective consciousness is. 

dude all this is parody..its super funny.

I have heard of girls who had to walk , open their hair , lift the saree to show legs for inspection to inlaws during bride seeing.

Inspection of legs? For what? To ensure that they are not pulling off a "Pistorius"?

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

54 minutes ago, nikred said:

Inspection of legs? For what? To ensure that they are not pulling off a "Pistorius"? emoji848.png

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Dont be surprised. I have seen this happening. I am sure the girl who got married after going through all this ordeal would put an end to this practice. She may endup doing same for her son now. We complain about these archaic practices but guess what women are the culprits mostly. That saddens me. Nobody dares to go against her in the house. They are the bosses.  

2 hours ago, beetle said:

future mom-in-law ragging her future daughter-in-law :phehe:

:phehe:

Edited by velu

Dowry  calculator might be funny for guys, but is too close to reality for some and there are people living through it. 

i know its cringe worthy. a guy earns money all his life and some mf comes along and takes it away in the garb of marriying her daughter. The daughter should just say i wont marry an arse and be done with it. 

4 hours ago, beetle said:

because of this **** custom In india there is population explosion.

In western system you have to be good enough to get a girl to get married, that ha a degree of natural selection. In India every arse gets a girl cause his mom and aunty army will go check legs ear mouth etc and find one with 1 crore dowry.

10 hours ago, Vilander said:

In western system you have to be good enough to get a girl to get married, that ha a degree of natural selection. In India every arse gets a girl cause his mom and aunty army will go check legs ear mouth etc and find one with 1 crore dowry.

No. you are wrong. Koi bhikhair ko dowri nahi deta. Dowri bhi log usey hi dete hain  jo pehle se rich hai or he has a good job

13 hours ago, Vilander said:

its much more difficult for western women to get guys than the other way round 

At this rate we should have a Dowry loan with an exorbitant interest rate. May bail many banks out of their current state of misery. And cover for the loss of the NPAs and Mallya/Nirav Modi scams.

Did you guys know that Muslims have a reverse system of dowry ( not dowry technically) called as Mahr. The groom and his family have to gift the bride with property and/or money. Although, obviously the conventional dahej too is prevalent.

As sexist as the thread/ dowry calculator is, what I don't understand is this undying love for engineers (IITians specifically). IIM people too.

GoI massively subsidizes IIT education and the institutes barely give back anything in return to the society. Not commensurately at least. I mean you'd have one odd smart/funny IITian @punjabi_khota, but the vast majority are socially awkward people with a massive chip on their shoulders. Being from IIT should reduce the dowry, if anything.

Edited by Mariyam

On 6/3/2018 at 5:52 AM, Mariyam said:

As sexist as the thread/ dowry calculator is, what I don't understand is this undying love for engineers (IITians specifically). IIM people too.

GoI massively subsidizes IIT education and the institutes barely give back anything in return to the society. Not commensurately at least. I mean you'd have one odd smart/funny IITian @punjabi_khota, but the vast majority are socially awkward people with a massive chip on their shoulders. Being from IIT should reduce the dowry, if anything.

Not knowing if you are being sarcastic, I have met quite a few IITians who are very good entrepreneurs and have given back to the country. One of them would travel to India on his expense and would assist the Indian government in disaster management when there are natural calamities like the Kashmir/UK floods. I don't know of regular folk in India would volunteer in such a way. 

13 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Not knowing if you are being sarcastic, I have met quite a few IITians who are very good entrepreneurs and have given back to the country. One of them would travel to India on his expense and would assist the Indian government in disaster management when there are natural calamities like the Kashmir/UK floods. I don't know of regular folk in India would volunteer in such a way. 

Not sarcastic at all. Anecdotal experiences are hardly a way of telling how much they give back.

Take a look this article

Relevant excerpt

The revenue sources of the seven best established IITs include student fees, government receipts, investments and others (entrance exam fee, library fee, sponsorships etc). Their total operating revenues was Rs 942 crore in 2009 and Rs 1,283 crore in 2010, with 82 per cent coming as grants from the government. The return on endowments and investments as well as donations from alumni account for about three per cent of the operating revenues "as against 10-40 per cent for top US universities".

It is strange that you think regular folk in India wouldn't volunteer to help in floods. Many do, and 80% of their education isn't funded by the GoI. I don't think that is a problem in itself either. When the UGC set out funding the IITs, the charter included  that the graduates help in nation building, specifically infrastructural development of the nation. Safe to say that a minuscule percentage of the IITians are ever involved in any of this.

I pretty much meant every word of my previous post. Most IITians I've come across, that too from IIT Bombay (the absolute pinacle of all things IIT) are full of themselves and have a huge chip on their shoulder. And they are very awkward in social interactions.

3 hours ago, Mariyam said:

Not sarcastic at all. Anecdotal experiences are hardly a way of telling how much they give back.

I pretty much meant every word of my previous post. Most IITians I've come across, that too from IIT Bombay (the absolute pinacle of all things IIT) are full of themselves and have a huge chip on their shoulder. And they are very awkward in social interactions.

Madam, aap bhi toh Anecdotal ho! You may be right about RoI on IITs is not good. Maybe they should make it compulsory to work for 2 years in India before they could head out. This should be for all colleges funded by UGC. 

1 hour ago, coffee_rules said:

Madam, aap bhi toh Anecdotal ho! You may be right about RoI on IITs is not good. Maybe they should make it compulsory to work for 2 years in India before they could head out. This should be for all colleges funded by UGC. 

Yes, but my anecdote is not about the financials (which can are tangibles) but the nature of the people I've come across. Even if one were to over look their personal quirks, GoI doesn't get much in return in terms of nation building. That is more or less established.

And a huge chunk of the student body doesn't need help. 

I'm of the opinion that GoI should spend a lot more of primary/secondary education to level the playing field. . For higher education, loans are easy to get by, and of the loan types, have one of the highest rates of repayment. But that is a totally different discussion