ENGvIND The dropped catches tracking thread

Sharma to Jennings, no run, dropped at fourth slip! Squares up Jennings with a length delivery which seams across him, takes the outside edge and Rahane can't grab it diving in front of third slip

Drop Count : 1
Edited by Stan AF
5 minutes ago, Temujin Khaghan said:

@Gollum 

Re edit your op and keep updating the drop catch list..

1st test - Jennings

Culprit - rahane, victim - ishanth..

Done. I will keep updating my OP to include batsman, bowler, culprit and runs cost. Will also attach relevant commentary from cricbuzz for description. In case I miss some of the action and fail to update, fellow ICFers can post in this thread and I will add the info in the OP.

Since that drop Jennings has added 20*(47) and been involved in partnerships worth 50 runs coming in 102 balls....still growing :sad_smile: . Besides the crucial runs it has further shielded the English middle order from the new ball and fresh quicks. All these important parameters (and perspectives) need to be taken into account while judging the cost of dropped catches. I am not going to blame only Rahane here, our entire unit is so poor that even if the ball falls in their palms they will find a way to drop.

45 minutes ago, Forever Indian said:

In Sky Sports commentary discussion going on that India is doing slip catching practise using Rubber balls and wearing gloves :facepalm:

Holding and Nasser correctly saying rubber ball catching involves different technique to cricket ball.

No wonder these guys have been horrible in slips catching cricket balls without gloves.

Mediocrity, unprofessionalism and chewtiyapa. 

Hallmarks of our new team. 

Jennings gone :phew:. Runs cost 33, balls played after drop 83. After the drop he added 78 runs in partnerships with Cook and Root consuming roughly 30 overs. Conditions are perfect for batting now and English middle order will enjoy the older ball. 

4 hours ago, Gollum said:

Done. I will keep updating my OP to include batsman, bowler, culprit and runs cost. Will also attach relevant commentary from cricbuzz for description. In case I miss some of the action and fail to update, fellow ICFers can post in this thread and I will add the info in the OP.

Would be better if batsman score can be tracked by whoever spots it as well.