Ashwin has failed India overseas yet again when it matters

G_B_

One of the pundits made a great point, where fast bowlers are able to hunt in a pack. There's usually 3-4 of them to exploit the conditions when they're in their favour.

Whereas there's usually only one spinner and when there is something in the pitch for them, suddenly they're expected to run through the side. Which brings incredible pressure on them to deliver.

Regardless Ashwin has been quite poor. Never looked a threat, whereas Moeen consistently posed a threat to our batsmen.

More than not taking wickets, his inconsistency was frustrating. Last I saw him bowling this bad was 2012 Home series vs England. He was bowling 6 balls in same area not giving any room to cut.

Today it was filthy. Short balls full tosses carrom balls and all filth

Edited by R.D forever
25 minutes ago, VT87 said:

Watch out some insensible biased South Indian fan . So the 2 over   Third ball of Ashwin turn miles and pass edge and 5th  over he looks threatening but could not get wickets  blaaaaaaaaaaa ....,....... infinity  :no:

I am from South. Ashwin is a rich spoilt kid and a product of rich coaching classes. TNCA is probably the worst cricket association in the country. We can never see a Umesh or Jaddu or even a Dhoni from TN. 

If someone is supporting Ashwin cause he is from TN then he is supporting the wrong guy 

1 minute ago, R.D forever said:

I am from South. Ashwin is a rich spoilt kid and a product of rich coaching classes. TNCA is probably the worst cricket association in the country. We can never see a Umesh or Jaddu or even a Dhoni from TN. 

If someone is supporting Ashwin cause he is from TN then he is supporting the wrong guy 

Nah... apparently he is taking a dig at me. :phehe:

Poor kiddo. Leave him alone. :p:

Ashwin started so well this series so I was very hopeful

And he has been poor ever since and that has been so disappointing to see.

Esp so far this match where he has gotten as good conditions as he will ever get in SENA

Also... Dont buy this injury excuse

a) If youre injured then dont play but if you play you will be judged by normal standards

b) I find it very convenient that whenever Ashwin fails somehow talk of him being injured crops up

1 hour ago, R.D forever said:

He should've worked in Cognizant instead of playing cricket. 

27 minutes ago, mancalledsting said:

I think more than Ashwin under performing, it was about Indian batsmen under performing vs Moeen. Some of Moeen's wickets were absolutely gifted. That placed a heavy burden on Ashwin. This performance will be put into better context after Moeen's performance in the 4th innings. 

Combination of both. Ashwin should not be as bad as this. Moeen should not be as good as this. 

15 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Ashwin should pick up Curren's wicket every time. Sadly Curren targets him. With lot of lefties he should run through them with accurate bowling.

If someone target you have better chance of getting the wicket it’s just Ashwin doesn’t have it in him.