India decriminalizes Homosexuality

Franco Vazquez

4 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

You should know about western christian conservative opposition to home sexuality for these questions. These white conservative think tht if home sexuality is legalized, then men will have sex with boys. Hence the pedo connect with this issue. They think that if gay men are allowed to get married, then the next issue to deal with is bigamy and orgies and pedos. 

That is at best ignorance , at worst a convenient excuse.

All the deviant behavior has existed despite the ban .

The western christian conservative group can hardly be taken as an equal rights advocate. They will have their agendas which may  be against the welfare of others.

The problem with 377 in India was that it criminalizes gay sex ...leaving homosexuals open to abuse from police , blackmailing . Decriminalizing takes away that .

2 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Gay Friend: I have sex with men and I am proud of it

Me: Ok, thanks but TMI

Me: I like to wear pink underpants and shout out loud 

Gay Friend: ok, but TMI

So, you get my point?

I have heterosexual friends who believe in giving too much information.

The solution to that is to not be good friends with people like that if one is uncomfortable.....instead of taking their behavior as  stereotype for their whole kind.

3 minutes ago, beetle said:

That is at best ignorance , at worst a convenient excuse.

All the deviant behavior has existed despite the ban .

The western christian conservative group can hardly be taken as an equal rights advocate. They will have their agendas which may  be against the welfare of others.

The problem with 377 in India was that it criminalizes gay sex ...leaving homosexuals open to abuse from police , blackmailing . Decriminalizing takes away that .

My point being why pedo angle being brought into this issue . It is a western christian construct. There is gay reference in Hindu scriptures and even in Islamic history (Khilji was gay). It is acceptable in our society and the legal issue from 377 is from a colonial british mindset which is removed now. 

1 minute ago, coffee_rules said:

My point being why pedo angle being brought into this issue . It is a western christian construct. There is gay reference in Hindu scriptures and even in Islamic history (Khilji was gay). It is acceptable in our society and the legal issue from 377 is from a colonial british mindset which is removed now. 

I have already mentioned that mass in UK/US are also fed up with these pride rallies or whatever BS and it is one of the major reasons why things like Trump and Brexit happened.

4 minutes ago, beetle said:

I have heterosexual friends who believe in giving too much information.

The solution to that is to not be good friends with people like that if one is uncomfortable.....instead of taking their behavior as  stereotype for their whole kind.

Ok. I tell such friends. thanks for telling, but I don't need to know. That's the point of the phrase TMI.

2 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Exactly.

Some things were never a taboo in India till the British took over .

Even polygamy and polyandry  though not legal for most are more acceptable socially in India than the west because we have a history of that.

I really don't understand the angst of Indian in India against decriminalizing gay sex.

I think the phobia is more because of our obsession with traditional marriage and children .

Homosexuality is seen as moving away from the traditional order  of the familiy expectation . Moreover , it takes away the control of the family over  their children .

Just like love marriage are still considered a taboo in certain sections. It is seen as taking away the rights of the family to choose and decide .

^^ hence my downplaying of this issue, 377 was law , but nobody was penalized with this act, although some were harassed. It was not the most pressing thing in our society that SC had to intervene and act. It was decriminalized by Delhi HC in 2009 which Sonia Gandhi overturned in 2013 because of pressure from church and mullahs.

Article 370 and 35A is much more important for SC to worry about. 

17 minutes ago, beetle said:

Exactly.

Some things were never a taboo in India till the British took over .

Even polygamy and polyandry  though not legal for most are more acceptable socially in India than the west because we have a history of that.

I really don't understand the angst of Indian in India against decriminalizing gay sex.

I think the phobia is more because of our obsession with traditional marriage and children .

Homosexuality is seen as moving away from the traditional order  of the familiy expectation . Moreover , it takes away the control of the family over  their children .

Just like love marriage are still considered a taboo in certain sections. It is seen as taking away the rights of the family to choose and decide .

Even next to none rights for women in India is socially acceptable. India is one of the places where women become the offender rather than victim when they are sexually harassed so why don't crack down that law too? If it's socially acceptable doesn't mean its right. Hitler killed millions of Jews and a lot of German public was fine with it, does it mean that it was right? You never know about these so called liberals maybe after 20-30 years they might even call for pedophilia to be legalized as well.

43 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Gay Friend: I have sex with men and I am proud of it

Me: Ok, thanks but TMI

Me: I like to wear pink underpants and shout out loud 

Gay Friend: ok, but TMI

So, you get my point?

pretty clear that you've never actually talked to a gay person about sexuality then......so why are you passing off your assumptions for what its like ?

3 minutes ago, Franco Vazquez said:

Even next to none rights for women in India is socially acceptable. India is one of the places where women become the offender rather than victim when they are sexually harassed so why don't crack down that law too? If it's socially acceptable doesn't mean its right. Hitler killed millions of Jews and a lot of German public was fine with it, does it mean that it was right? You never know about these so called liberals maybe after 20-30 years they might even call for pedophilia to be legalized as well.

You ignorant, young, opinionated fool, in India women LEGALLY have exactly the same rights as men. 

As for liberals - we are big on consent. Which means AGE of consent matters. Most liberals are the ones who are vocally against paedophilia while your religious mullahs and priests rape little boys - yes, it happens in your madrassahs too. This is because the notion of CONSENT matters a lot to us. 

You see, why we are vehemently pro-adult gay sex is the SAME reason we are vehemently anti-paedophilia: It is nobody's business if sexual act is between CONSENTING ADULTS. Since children are NOT adults, it becomes our business to criminalize it.

Hope its clear. 

You are just trying to justify homophobia because your religion says so. Stop trying to make up nonsense reasons.

37 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Ok. I tell such friends. thanks for telling, but I don't need to know. That's the point of the phrase TMI.

Talking about sexuality may be TMI for you, but it isnt for most adults. Learn to live with it. It does no harm to anyone by sharing ideas. 

That is my point. 
There are plenty of things people are passionate about without it defining them and plenty of things we ignore. 

Do you care if someone goes APE$HIT over the rugby or Polo world cup ? Nope...so ignore the Gay pride parade if it doesnt interest you likewise.

Why should they be criticized for it ? its just a bunch of people, passionately celebrating something, causing no harm. 

THATS my point about you pooh-pooh-ing talking about sex as if its some big brown bear in the room.

Edited by Muloghonto

7 minutes ago, Franco Vazquez said:

Where did you get the part about German public being fine with Holocaust from? 

That's blatant lying right there.

20 hours ago, Franco Vazquez said:

After give it 20 years, even pedophilia will become legal and socially acceptable for these so-called liberals

How dense are you? Sex between two consenting adults of the same gender is not hurting anyone. It is their private affair. Pedophilia is taking advantage of minors, it is a power game. It Phucks them up for life. To equate homosexuality with pedophilia is just ignorance at is stupidest.

1 hour ago, Franco Vazquez said:

I would be fine with gays as long as they keep their mouths shut and don't try to tell my children or anyone close to me that there's nothing wrong with it. This is my last post on this thread and the reason I have already mentioned

This. The people who are commenting here against the SC's decision are not against homos but are against the fuel this decision will give to the LGBT propaganda. Indian people are too naive to understand the art of propaganda, or I should say majority in the world are naive when it comes to understanding how social engineering works.

3 hours ago, Muloghonto said:

It is not *just* genetics. Genetics gives you the 'body parts' to do as they are told, by the hormones. Which is controlled by that gland in your brain/part of the brain. THIS balance of hormones (which we know the effects of, but are still only barely scratching the surface in research), determines whether you are 'man,woman, straight,bi, etc'.  This hormonal balance, largely falls in the 'straight cis-gender' identity for species homo sapiens - by overwhelming margin ( ie, 70-80%+). Like many other species out there. In rest of the cases, the hormonal balances are different, leading to different 'self-identification' as male, female, neither, trans, straight,bi, etc. 

This is all totally normal for many,many species. 

And whats pretty funny, is that our closest species genetically - the bonobos- have been widely noted to :

a) prostitute themselves

b) engage in both forms of gay sex, especially the female kind, pretty openly. 

Arent hormones dictated by genes?

8 minutes ago, MechEng said:

This. The people who are commenting here against the SC's decision are not against homos but are against the fuel this decision will give to the LGBT propaganda. Indian people are too naive to understand the art of propaganda, or I should say majority in the world are naive when it comes to understanding how social engineering works.

what propaganda are you talking of ? are you closet-gay then, if you think that talking about gay stuff would be too much for you to endure and you won't be able to resist being gay openly ?!? 

People talking about sexual orientation and teaching kids about sex and sexual orientation is good. Its sad that the land that invented the science and culture of sexual openness is now victim to the desert-cult mindset towards sex. 

55 minutes ago, Franco Vazquez said:

You are right about the women's right part but that does not mean others rights should be ignored. 

377 is not just about men..

It effects women too. Lesbians  have the same issues that homosexual men face.

So this is a gender neutral issues.

We have some of the toughest laws for womdn in India. Just the enforcement part is lax.

As for hitler....he was a dictator.

The general public cannot be blamed for something they could not control .

Even if the general public was prejudiced, I doubt they supported what hitler did . That is not how humans feel .

They had zero control and I wonder how much awareness they had about the horror.

Being liberal is about caring about the rights of people and the child's right to be protected comes  under that.

If a person is liberal then they will fight for the rights of the children to be safe from ' offenders'. Just like liberals will not fight for right to rape, they will not fight for rights of  pedophiles. If they do...they cease to be liberals and become criminals .

You have very little understanding of liberalism and left  / right politics.

Edited by beetle