Austin 3:!6

England vs India, 5th Test, 7th-11th Sept - The Oval

5th test winner - ICF Poll  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the Oval test?

2 sessions gone .... Eng still has 9 wkts in hand in the first inning .... have to pull up our socks or it would be long 2-3 days .... one bad session on D3/D4 with the bat for Ind could even mean following on 

Edited by zen

1 minute ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

good for us, a few wkts and the balance will tilt in our favour and england has such batting that can fall one after another

A less likely scenario though in these batting friendly conditions 

Edited by zen

Just now, Ankit_sharma03 said:

true but thats our last hope

more likely scenario is that Eng is setting itself up to bat for 2 or more days .... and then put pressure on India where one bad session with the bat could result in a follow on 

rule 1 in test cricket: SR is for bowlers .... unless in scenarios where a team is trying to get quick runs to declare soon (or you have game changers like Sehwag who can demoralize the opposition and make it easier for the team)

Edited by zen

1 minute ago, WC2011INDIA said:

Told you all that Cook will do well in his last match...Indians are just too emotional..giving gifts is a cherished tradition even if that leaves a hole in your pocket..Cook will score a big ton fo sho...i want a double

Why not a triple :dontknow: .... his highest score is 294 .... And he can take inspiration from Gooch was was dropped in his 30s but went on to score a triple in the 1990 series iirc 

Such a looooooong tour. 4-5 sometimes 7 days gap between matches. Why ? Looks more like a paid vacation. Doesn’t look like that have learned anything by staying there longer than required. Pathetic Itinerary.

Bumrah to Cook, OUT, there will be no hundred for Cook unless he gets it in the third innings. There is a disappointed sigh at The Oval but then the crowd rises for Cook as he goes off after playing one on for 71. This is on a length, just outside off, possible with the switched seam position to send it back in. Cook is surprised by the movement back in, and gets the inside edge as he looks to defend

AN Cook b Bumrah 71 (190b 8x4 0x6) SR: 37.36

Edited by zen

2 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Must confess i wasnt very keen on bumrah in test cricket but he has imprssed me on a diff level and thats when i become a fan of player big time

I hope his workload is handled well now 

Yep me too. When he was selected for SA tour I was very sceptical cos of his action .. but he's proved lot of people wrong.

7 minutes ago, Sachinism said:

Now Root gets to bat with a platform set. I wonder how this will go for India

Bumrah shows me what I know.

Imagine those catches were held. The way we've bowled the last 40 overs, we would've run through this line-up