Cat worship vs Cow worship !!!

velu

Most probably Egyptians worshiped cats because their society is agrarian and cats helped them to control the rodents.

We hindus worship cow because our society as well depended on cows for its milk and farming.

Are we doing the same thing as Egyptians did by blindly elevating the status of the cows ? 

ps:-

someone will bring buffalo here 

Gayer-Anderson-cat.jpg?itok=CAVGDS-X

uzluqj1y9uu01.png

I don't know about cow worship. But Calves (not leg muscles) are darn cute and I played with a baby cow inside the temple premises I recently visited. I pulled it's ears and scratched it's neck and it seemed to like the ladoos that the temple gave me as prasadam. 

I believe every cute creature be it Kajal Agarwal or a baby cow need to be similarly pampered. 

The problem is cows need to be bred regularly for milk production. A cows milking age is 7-10 years , after that it can live upto 20 years. So if we add cost of taking care of unproductive cows the cows milk will be twice or thrice of current , which means buffalo milk , imported milk powder  will be cheaper .  This means end of cow as an animal for dairy farm which will be devastating for poor farmers of India who cannot afford buffalo.

On Egypt I don't think they used to breed cats artificially

3 hours ago, Temujin Khaghan said:

I don't know about cow worship. But Calves (not leg muscles) are darn cute and I played with a baby cow inside the temple premises I recently visited. I pulled it's ears and scratched it's neck and it seemed to like the ladoos that the temple gave me as prasadam. 

I believe every cute creature be it Kajal Agarwal or a baby cow need to be similarly pampered. 

Problem is kajal Aggarwal ko pamper krne jaayega to temujin khaghan se temujin kangal ban jayega. 

6 hours ago, Temujin Khaghan said:

What the Kajal?

4 hours ago, Singh bling said:

The problem is cows need to be bred regularly for milk production. A cows milking age is 7-10 years , after that it can live upto 20 years. So if we add cost of taking care of unproductive cows the cows milk will be twice or thrice of current , which means buffalo milk , imported milk powder  will be cheaper .  This means end of cow as an animal for dairy farm which will be devastating for poor farmers of India who cannot afford buffalo.

currently cow milk here is at least 15 rs cheaper than buffalo milk.

You are right. The importance of cows to Hindus could be traced back to the early Vedic period.Often wars were fought over them and their significance in the early Vedic society could be known by the fact that so many things were given names starting with Gau. For instance, a daughter was known as "Duhitri' since she milked cows.

15 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

currently cow milk here is at least 15 rs cheaper than buffalo milk.

And this is main problem , there is much more demand of buffalo milk than cow because of high fat content , so farmers cannot raise the price for upkeep of cows . BTW in delhi ncr region the difference is Rs. 4 

4 hours ago, Singh bling said:

Cows can be used in farming as well. In South they are used in farming as well. Not everyone can afford machines so they are used for ploughing.

Edited by gattaca

31 minutes ago, gattaca said:

Cows can be used in farming as well. In South they are used in farming as well. Not everyone can afford machines so they are used for ploughing.

That is ox not cow , if you hear debates you will hear that oxen are now absolete from North India and in upcoming years they will be absolete from entire India. But even if you use ox for pulling still the problem is same who will take care of old bulls oxen  and cows? A farmer that is so poor to afford a tractor can take care of old oxen?

1 hour ago, Singh bling said:

That is ox not cow , if you hear debates you will hear that oxen are now absolete from North India and in upcoming years they will be absolete from entire India. But even if you use ox for pulling still the problem is same who will take care of old bulls oxen  and cows? A farmer that is so poor to afford a tractor can take care of old oxen?

in tamilnadu and karnataka , they send old cows , young male calf , oxen and buffaloes to kerala :phehe: 

Edited by velu