ravishingravi

Who is a Liberal ?

4 minutes ago, Sachinism said:

Just because someone has a liberal outlook on life, there is no guarantee they'll agree with other liberals.

As far as I'm aware there isn't a set of liberal laws/rules anywhere

To me, the basic principle of liberalism in social perspective is what I have mentioned in original post. If anybody has an opinion contradicting anyone's "freedom", then to me its is not liberal value. 

These questions are not addressed to you. But anyone who calls themselves a liberal. 

So, what should be liberal stand on the following ? Any other contentious points that one would like to bring :-

1. Uniform Civil Code 
  2. Triple Talaq
  3. NCR 
  4. Proportionate representation in Parliament ( This is a point being raised against BJP, wrt lack of muslim representatives )
  5. Tasleema Nasrin

Yes yes yes no yes 

Sent from my LM-Q710.FG using Tapatalk

16 hours ago, ravishingravi said:

So, what should be liberal stand on the following ? Any other contentious points that one would like to bring :-

1. Uniform Civil Code 
  2. Triple Talaq
  3. NCR 
  4. Proportionate representation in Parliament ( This is a point being raised against BJP, wrt lack of muslim representatives )
  5. Tasleema Nasrin

Some of these are very easy questions:

1. Yes

2. No ( As in no to triple talaq)

3. what is NCR ?

4. No

5. ??? What about Tasleema nasreen ? I mean yes or no to what ? yes/no she should exist ? yes/no to support her ? yes/no to censor her ?!?

@The Dark Horse  @Detonator  @Vilander   

BJP nagarajan's trolling Level = Expert  :hail: 

Liberal got triggered . Funny to watch :rotfl: 

Translation/Context:- 

Sky Blue  shirt - Nagarajan BJP guy

Black shirt guy - Thirumurugan Gandhi aka Daniel , probably the #1 liberal 

Till 1.45 , they were arguing about how pragya thakur , subramanya swamy kind of people were released from jail but rajiv gandhi killers are still in jail ( first thing dumb liberal is comparing different cases which is totally wrong ) ..

Nagarajan kept telling gandhi like daniel keep calm , daniel dont be in a hurry , daniel you dont know :lol: 

Got triggered soon :rotfl: 

Short Intro about Gandhi:- 

Thirumurugan Gandhi advocates for the democratic aspirations of Eelam Tamils, Palestinians, Kurds,Catalonia, Kashmiris, Western Saharans and Sikhs. He has also spoken in the Geneva human rights sessions in the United Nations (UN) for the past three years in support of the nations without states, indigenous peoples and communities which have faced war crimes against the imperial forces.

On 5/9/2019 at 10:20 PM, Muloghonto said:

Some of these are very easy questions:

1. Yes

2. No ( As in no to triple talaq)

3. what is NCR ?

4. No

5. ??? What about Tasleema nasreen ? I mean yes or no to what ? yes/no she should exist ? yes/no to support her ? yes/no to censor her ?!?

Not a liberal, but

UCC, of course Yes,

No to TTT,

National Citizen Registry (NCR), YES,

No to proportional representation

Tasleema Nasreen , yes when she talks about social evils, not her atheist and feminist ideals which are fundamentalist.

13 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Not a liberal, but

UCC, of course Yes,

No to TTT,

National Citizen Registry (NCR), YES,

No to proportional representation

Tasleema Nasreen , yes when she talks about social evils, not her atheist and feminist ideals which are fundamentalist.

There is nothing fundamentalist about atheism. Its objective empiricism, really.

4 hours ago, Muloghonto said:

There is nothing fundamentalist about atheism. Its objective empiricism, really.

Yes. Objective empiricism is not fundamentalism since it allows the possibility of not knowing and exploring the unknown. 

Please Define atheism as per your understanding. 

16 hours ago, ravishingravi said:

Yes. Objective empiricism is not fundamentalism since it allows the possibility of not knowing and exploring the unknown. 

Please Define atheism as per your understanding. 

lack of beleif in a supreme creator entity of existence/reality and lack of evidence for a supernatural entity ( advanced alien) creating life on plaet earth. 

16 hours ago, Muloghonto said:

lack of beleif in a supreme creator entity of existence/reality and lack of evidence for a supernatural entity ( advanced alien) creating life on plaet earth. 

They don't leave it at that. Hindus ideally respect all religions and non-religious as well. There is no mutual respect coming from atheists, they want to change the whole world and cure it from cancer as they call what religion is. That is political atheism. They mock soft targets anyway. 

21 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

They don't leave it at that. Hindus ideally respect all religions and non-religious as well. There is no mutual respect coming from atheists, they want to change the whole world and cure it from cancer as they call what religion is. That is political atheism. They mock soft targets anyway. 

most do. There are two kind of atheists - those who do not believe in God (90%) and those who say God definitively do not exist (10%). The latter group are like the saffron chaddis of hinduism - extreme minority but extremely loud. 

And no, we don't leave it at that. Satyameva Jayate, remember ? your religion has to survive against free speech else its not worth it. We will point out and keep pointing out that most religions are nonsense, though some of us do not equate all religions as the same nonsense. Hinduism is still nonsense, but its less harmful and more acceptable nonsense than islam, for eg.

30 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

I am an Atheist but don't oppose any religion.Infact i don't even try to convince others to become atheists.It just that I haven't come across any evidence of god .

What we see around has nothing to do with science or evidence but is a desperate attempt to strip people of their identities in an attempt to create a new world .

This dolt has written a book called, "Why I am a liberal?". Look at her gloating about caste perversion is a stunning social alluance for her. Hindu is communal, but caste is liberal and progressive. Liberal naam ka dhabba hain yeh bewakoof.

I am an Atheist but don't oppose any religion.Infact i don't even try to convince others to become atheists.It just that I haven't come across any evidence of god .
What we see around has nothing to do with science or evidence but is a desperate attempt to strip people of their identities in an attempt to create a new world .
My grandfather is an Atheist and so am I. But our reasons are completely different. My reasons are more or less like yours.

But my grandfather had some unpleasant personal experiences with religious folks and abhors Brahmims as he thinks they are taking the rest of the folks on a ride with make believe rituals. Don't mistake him for those tukde tukde gang folks as he was a freedom fighter and faught against the Razakars. He is outright patriot.

At 95 years, he is trying to find God and at one point someone filled his mind with Christianity. I had to pull him out of it.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, nikred said:

My grandfather is an Atheist and so am I. But our reasons are completely different. My reasons are more or less like yours.

But my grandfather had some unpleasant personal experiences with religious folks and abhors Brahmims as he thinks they are taking the rest of the folks on a ride with make believe rituals. Don't mistake him for those tukde tukde gang folks as he was a freedom fighter and faught against the Razakars. He is outright patriot.

At 95 years, he is trying to find God and at one point someone filled his mind with Christianity. I had to pull him out of it.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Cant really blame your grandfather ,there have been problems within the hindu religion and his views were formed due to it ,but it's also true that such views help the tukde tukde gang and co ,so maybe it's better to be a bit more astute about it. Coincidentally some years back ,one of my grandfather's friends had presented him with a bible,i suppose to try and convert him ,he wasn't convinced but it didn't upset him either .

My mom and her sisters would visit mazars and churches along with mandirs during different festivities and they would take us kids along .....but for some reason i grew up different ,although an atheist ,i am biased towards hindu culture.

Edited by MultiB48

14 hours ago, Muloghonto said:

most do. There are two kind of atheists - those who do not believe in God (90%) and those who say God definitively do not exist (10%). The latter group are like the saffron chaddis of hinduism - extreme minority but extremely loud. 

And no, we don't leave it at that. Satyameva Jayate, remember ? your religion has to survive against free speech else its not worth it. We will point out and keep pointing out that most religions are nonsense, though some of us do not equate all religions as the same nonsense. Hinduism is still nonsense, but its less harmful and more acceptable nonsense than islam, for eg.

I think the segregation between the two kinds you mentioned is not much of segregation in first place. Definitely or not definitely believing is not point. You believe or don’t believe if there is a God. If you don’t, you are an atheists. If you say you don’t know ( non definitive ), then you are agnostic. 

On hinduism, quote me in any place in scriptures where you come across this term. I will wait for it. In India, we had a culture of rationalist and atheists ( charvakas ), who also happen to be Hindus. Savarkar and Bal Thackeray were atheists. So, what is this « ism » you refer to. 

22 minutes ago, ravishingravi said:

I think the segregation between the two kinds you mentioned is not much of segregation in first place. Definitely or not definitely believing is not point. You believe or don’t believe if there is a God. If you don’t, you are an atheists. If you say you don’t know ( non definitive ), then you are agnostic. 

On hinduism, quote me in any place in scriptures where you come across this term. I will wait for it. In India, we had a culture of rationalist and atheists ( charvakas ), who also happen to be Hindus. Savarkar and Bal Thackeray were atheists. So, what is this « ism » you refer to. 

There is a big metaphysical difference, that Christopher Hitchins demonstrates. 
An Agnost : i don't know if God exists or not

An agnostic atheist ( type A, 90% of the atheists) : i believe God does not exist

A gnostic atheist ( type B, 10% of atheists): i KNOW God does not exist.

These distinctions are small but they matter. The reason i classify myself as type A, is because

a) I have not read a single piece of literature (and i have read pretty much all the religious main books of most religions) that convinces me its from a non-human source

b) I see no evidence of God existing, neither do i see a reason for God to exist

c) having said a) and b), i cannot definitively claim that God does not exist, because existence of article X, in the domain Y, where Y is defined as 'reality/universe/existence itself' cannot be determined as true or false without searching the entire domain Y. This is mathematical logic, really. And since humanity cannot claim to have searched all of existence for said entity X ( God), i cannot definitely say it doesn't exist.

As far as hinduism goes, hinduism is a term defined by the Turks and then streamlined by the Brits. There is no 'hinduism' in the time of the charvaks or the ajivaks, there was nastik and anastik. And those streams do not mingle. 

Technically speaking, atheists can only be culturally hindu, not philosophically hindu, as philosophical hinduism is decisively theistic in its existence - all the Purans, Vedas, Gita, etc. are consistent on this.