Government unearths Rs 49,158 crore of indirect tax evasion in FY19

jusarrived

15 hours ago, sandeep said:

Here's a quick link - https://www.livemint.com/Politics/uCSwolE7ugfGfuv2O0wWbN/How-demonetisation-impacted-the-Indian-economy.html

I genuinely believe that Indian economy had a major, golden opportunity to really ramp up economic growth and development, co-inciding with Modi's 1st term.  Low oil prices, coupled with a slowdown in China, meant that if India had built up a bit of momentum on the industrialization and manufacturing front, it would have had a massive snowball effect.  Do not underestimate the herd mentality of investors - human beings are the same all over the globe, no matter how rich they are.  

Instead of ramping growth, demonetization did the exact opposite, at a really bad time.  Apparently 99.3% of the notes came back to the bank - I mean, there is simply no basis for claiming any kind of positive outcome from demonetization - there just isn't.  

I honestly thought that this Modi guy - aside from his religio-political trashy behavior, would do good on the administration front.  Instead of setting up SEZs and implementing policy that lay the foundation of manufacturing growth in India - what we have is a government that bought a giant chinese statue.  

All things considered, If I was voting in India, I might still vote for the BJP, because I perceive the Congress as a worse alternative.  But BJP and Modi, on the economic front, have demonstrated themselves to be Congress in Saffron.  And I absolutely detest the cheerleading myth-making that goes on, simply because people are fed up with Congress.  

Set a higher standard people.  "Not Congress" is not good enough.  Demand good governance.  Only then will India get moving on the path to development.

So there was no trillion dollar lost ? This is BS at so many levels 

As for manufacturing opportunity , that ship has sailed long back . Also China slowing down does not mean its an opportunity for India , rather the world economy is slowing down with lesser demand ..there is no trillion dollar opportunity there .We cannot compete with Bangladesh in Textiles , even if there was an opportunity are we well placed to use that ?  Neither do we have skill/cost advantage .  

Govt needs to invest in Infra , skill development , medical etc which will trigger the next level of growth may be even double digits in 10 years time , but for that to happen it needs money . 

Demonetisation was hard  reset the economy required , not saying it did not hurt some people , I also agree they could have executed it better ..but it was necessary to ensure tax base increases . 

20 hours ago, FischerTal said:

This brother is saying that 1/3 of India’s economy was lost due to actions against black money, which he still claims is thriving. Both statements are contradictory to each other.

Btw nobody is discussing about impacts of IBC, which is the reason most big businesses have turned against this govt. 

people only crib when they have the most to lose.  

Arguably the biggest reason Indias ranking in ease if doing business shot up into 70s from 100+ apart from some obvious positives  , but who cares ? 

you have to think , why would BJP hurt their strong vote bank of traders , business men and even the higher middle class ? 

22 hours ago, Number said:

I feel they have used it to their mileage by doling out populist schemes from the increased revenue.

Talking about success of Demonetisation in public rallies can be counterproductive as some businesses at ground level did suffer.

you probably right there 

It’s funny to see a group of people from india’s highest per capita state begging for reservations. Makes me think they have nothing to do with the highest per capita income and are just beneficiaries of others hard work.

1 hour ago, jusarrived said:

So there was no trillion dollar lost ? This is BS at so many levels 

As for manufacturing opportunity , that ship has sailed long back . Also China slowing down does not mean its an opportunity for India , rather the world economy is slowing down with lesser demand ..there is no trillion dollar opportunity there .We cannot compete with Bangladesh in Textiles , even if there was an opportunity are we well placed to use that ?  Neither do we have skill/cost advantage .  

Govt needs to invest in Infra , skill development , medical etc which will trigger the next level of growth may be even double digits in 10 years time , but for that to happen it needs money . 

Demonetisation was hard  reset the economy required , not saying it did not hurt some people , I also agree they could have executed it better ..but it was necessary to ensure tax base increases . 

People expect manufacturing to shoot up with archaic labor laws and that wretched 2013 land acquisition bill passed under economist PM. 5 years really does make people forget about the shitshow that was taking place under MMS.

23 minutes ago, ProudLiberal said:

modi bhakts keep shifting goalposts, haven't seen a dumber fan group, first dumb bhakts like laaloo and diga were shouting about show us proof where modi promised to give money...blah blah blah.. now that proof has been shown they shift their goalposts to ad hominem attacks, you retards need to understand that we more interested in exposing in modi's lies and not the money, it is the bhakts who are lazy bums who voted for modi when he showed them the lollipop of 15 lakhs :hysterical:

Go get a job you lazy bum...stop wetting your dreams for some 15 lakhs...you stupid man

22 minutes ago, ProudLiberal said:

Good to know that you have such low expectations, so modi just talking about it and making fool out people who believed him:laugh: is progress for you, no wonder we have such a sh!t spectrum of leaders to choose from 

omg a politician lied :lol:, man you stupids comes in all sizes and packages, 

4 minutes ago, ProudLiberal said:

Are you getting paid enough in the bjp it cell?:laugh:

At least i get paid, unlike you, working for free for pappu clown brigade then moan about "where is my 15 lakh?"

you free loaders are curse on society, maybe get off ur lazy and apply for one of Modi's Yojana scheme to get some skills so you can get a job

2 hours ago, jusarrived said:

Demonetisation was hard  reset the economy required

You believe what you want, Baghdad Bob.  Quacks who called themselves Doctors in the middle ages believed intentional 'blood letting' was the way to heal the seriously sick.  Crackpots are a dime a dozen, its a damn shame when educated people let their confirmation biases blind them to obvious facts.

Edited by sandeep

4 minutes ago, Jatboy said:

In US native Indians are part of various reservations even though US is one of the richest  country in the world. 

Coming back to beneficiaries of other hard work. That coming from a Gujju is Ironic. In India we have a state whose People are lotting India resources by scams since god knows when. From Harshad Mehta to Chotta Modi the list is huge. Now even bigger shame is that these crook state people are acting as biggest deshbhakt when less than 1000 of them join Indian Army per year. 

lolwa at this pathetic prejudice filled rant.  Corruption and scams in India are the one thing that you can see all regions and ethnicities represented.  Is Laloo yadav or Mayawati any less corrupt?  What about the mining mafia in the south? Jayalalitha etc?  

My employer ended up paying millions in back taxes and has cracked down on employees abusing driver/vehicle and other deductions. There is a good amount of clean up that has happened in the last few years and I want that to continue. 

Demonetization was of course a failure based on the stated intentions, the effin scum called bank employees basically whitened the black money. They should have made the system more fool proof besides not hurting micro, small & medium business if at all demonetization was required.

I'm yet to see a mainstream discussion on UPA's bad loans which even Rajan categorizes as a failure. Did Congress/UPA deliver on all promises in it's years & decades ? Will it provide "NYAY" in the next 5 years considering it's failed to do so for so long :thinking:

4 hours ago, rkt.india said:

EPFO payroll data reports 8.96 lakh new jobs in January, 76.48 lakh in last 17 months

https://www.businesstoday.in/current/economy-politics/epfo-payroll-data-reports-8-96-lakh-new-jobs-in-january-76-48-lakh-in-last-17-months/story/330093.html

So 7.5 million jobs added in last 17 months.

Don’t use EPFO data as a proxy for jobs-creation – Here is why

According to the latest numbers, for instance, a total of 8 million new jobs were created in the 13-month period since September 2017 to September 2018; the data compiled takes the number of new EPFO subscribers in any month and deducts from this the number of these who cease to be members but, if they join a job again, they are added back to the number of fresh jobs. The problem, however, is that the data is difficult to believe.

https://www.financialexpress.com/opinion/dont-use-epfo-data-as-a-proxy-for-jobs-creation-here-is-why/1389492/

1 hour ago, sandeep said:

You believe what you want, Baghdad Bob.  Quacks who called themselves Doctors in the middle ages believed intentional 'blood letting' was the way to heal the seriously sick.  Crackpots are a dime a dozen, its a damn shame when educated people let their confirmation biases blind them to obvious facts.

I started this thread based on actual facts . That 50K cr caught in taxes evaded is real , unlike the One trillion number you made up .  Also I know people in my own family who have been negatively impacted cos of Demonetisation , had businesses in crores hardly paid any taxes and now all of them are cursing modi . 

21 minutes ago, ProudLiberal said:

The discussion already took place, slowpoke. It happened in 2014 when upa was kicked out for not delivering, why are bhakts still stuck in 2014? Will you keep discussing congress for the next 60 years to make up for congress rule and give modi and his crooks a free reign?

I don't think u understand the simple fact that voters are allowed to decide by themselves who does a relatively better job.

Coming up with nonsensical numbers and fixed timelines as promises won't do any favors in promoting Rahul Gandhi &  Congress party, so try something else.

28 minutes ago, ProudLiberal said:

Voters can decide for themselves whom they want to vote for, it your prerogative to choose whom you want to vote for. My problem isnt with voters who think modi is a better option than others. What you and other bhakts don't understand is that you guys are acting like bjp/modi's paid workers.

Unless you are getting paid from bjp, I dont understand why you people go on the defensive  and start deflecting every critcism of modi to congress/ left and other parties. Dont you want an accountable govt? You are not a bjp spokesperson, you are just a citizen like me, you should question your govt and hold them accountable instead of calling others traitors, congressi and what not. I have criticised congress equally when it was in power but the bhakts have become blind followers of the cult if modi. You can still support and vote for modi while criticising him for his mistakes, the kind of  "us vs them" attitude and hate which is being spread, the divide which is being created is going to be the downfall of the nation

Like I said earlier, liar liar. And what's the business of deflecting ? Do I have an option of maurya/chanakya on the voting machine or is it Congress and others ?

Members including me u refer to as bhakts have been around here and discussed all from pasta to paradigms. U on the other hand show up in election season and indulge in name-calling & mudslinging. It's plain obvious to all, the timing and throwing dirt on a certain party/person, claiming liberalizing before Cuba & North Korea is an achievement. 

This divisive nonsense is another parroted theme of the congis, so you're not fooling anyone.

If you're showing up in campaign season & speaking their language, casting their failures as success, you expect others to change their mind and not call out your propaganda ?

2 hours ago, Singh bling said:

Don’t use EPFO data as a proxy for jobs-creation – Here is why

According to the latest numbers, for instance, a total of 8 million new jobs were created in the 13-month period since September 2017 to September 2018; the data compiled takes the number of new EPFO subscribers in any month and deducts from this the number of these who cease to be members but, if they join a job again, they are added back to the number of fresh jobs. The problem, however, is that the data is difficult to believe.

https://www.financialexpress.com/opinion/dont-use-epfo-data-as-a-proxy-for-jobs-creation-here-is-why/1389492/

That's a poor reason they give. I had read this article. Reasons are not convincing enough   Jobs are jobs even if someone got new job after quitting. It is still a job. You can always find faults.