All-time XI of Captains v All-time XI of non Captains.Who will win in test cricket?

All-time XI of Captains v All-time XI of non Captains.Who will win in test cricket?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. All-time XI of Captains v All-time XI of non Captains.Who will win in test cricket?

• All-time captains XI
    • All-time non captains XI

Here I am pitting and selecting the all-time xi consisting of cricketers who have been captains versus the all-time xi comprising those who never led their country.

CAPTAINS XI
Sunil Gavaskar
Len Hutton
Don Bradman
Viv Richards
Sachin Tendulkar
Gary Sobers
Mahendra Singh Dhoni
Imran Khan
Kapil Dev/Ian Botham
Wasim Akram
Bishen Bedi

NON CAPTAINS XI

Barry Richards
Virendra Sehwag
Everton Weekes
Graeme Pollock
Lawrence Rowe
Keith Miller
Adam Gilchrist
Richard Hadlee
Malcolm Marshall
Shane Warne
Dennis Lillee/Glen Mcgrath

Significant that almost all great batsmen have been skippers but almost no fast bowlers.Captains team has a much stronger batting team and all-rounders but non-captains team has a stronger bowling attack.Non captains XI is on par with Captains xi in terms of allrounders.Opening batsmen also on par.

Edited by Harsh Thakor
5 minutes ago, Harsh Thakor said:

i agree.On par with Lillee .So Lillee/Mcgrath.Lillee the more agressive and versatile or even penetrative.Mcgrath more the perfectionist,accurate and intelligent.

i hvent seen lillee bowl but mcgrath shud be the 1st name on any world XI.....he had a number on every top batsman of his era and m sure he wud had over any other era to

Both Sangakkara and Flower were test captains so one of them would get the WK spot in Captains' 11 

The teams can be as following:

Captains

Sunil Gavaskar
Viv Richards (averages 60+ as a top order batsman)
Don Bradman
Brian Lara

Tendulkar
Gary Sobers
Sangakkara/Flower 

Ian Botham/Pollock
Imran Khan
Wasim Akram/Waqar
Kumble/Bedi 

Non-Captains can have Ambrose in place of Lillee/McGrath .... there are batsmen like George Headley as well. Guys like Kallis, KP, Boycott, etc., have captained in not even 10 tests so can be considered for non-captains, esp. when you have Gilly, who captained in 6 tests! 

Edited by zen
16 hours ago, Harsh Thakor said:
Here I am pitting and selecting the all-time xi consisting of cricketers who have been captains versus the all-time xi comprising those who never led their country.

CAPTAINS XI
Sunil Gavaskar
Len Hutton
Don Bradman
Viv Richards
Sachin Tendulkar
Gary Sobers
Mahendra Singh Dhoni
Imran Khan
Kapil Dev/Ian Botham
Wasim Akram
Bishen Bedi

NON CAPTAINS XI

Barry Richards
Virendra Sehwag
Everton Weekes
Graeme Pollock
Lawrence Rowe
Keith Miller
Adam Gilchrist
Richard Hadlee
Malcolm Marshall
Shane Warne
Dennis Lillee/Glen Mcgrath

Significant that almost all great batsmen have been skippers but almost no fast bowlers.Captains team has a much stronger batting team and all-rounders but non-captains team has a stronger bowling attack.Non captains XI is on par with Captains xi in terms of allrounders.Opening batsmen also on par.

Lawrence Rowe ? in all time eleven, based on just one big knock ? 

10 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Srilanka has had 9 ODI captains in the last 9 years lol

Really lol? I thought Matthews was there captain after their big 3 retired and maybe Chandimal for a while. I am more familiar with Afghan and Bangladesh players these days. Can’t name more than 2-3 players from Srilanka. What was the name of the guy again who played the innings of the decade? Don’t even remember his name without googling lol.

8 minutes ago, maniac said:

Really lol? I thought Matthews was there captain after their big 3 retired and maybe Chandimal for a while. I am more familiar with Afghan and Bangladesh players these days. Can’t name more than 2-3 players from Srilanka. What was the name of the guy again who played the innings of the decade? Don’t even remember his name without googling lol.

Unlike other countries, SL captains don't mind resigning. 

Edited by vvvslaxman
22 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

i hvent seen lillee bowl but mcgrath shud be the 1st name on any world XI.....he had a number on every top batsman of his era and m sure he wud had over any other era to

He was an amazing player no doubt but I felt he was made invincible by playing with an all star batting/bowling/fielding cast and heavily biased umpires that seemed to favour Australia frequently in those days. 

On 5/13/2019 at 11:12 PM, maniac said:

Apparently neither Matthew nor Chandimal is the captain. I was shocked aswell ...