World Cup? What World Cup?

10 hours ago, Franco Vazquez said:

Actually NFL has become quite popular in UK because of its extension and there were also some games played here. Yes, ask any young white British about Kohli or Dhoni, they wouldn't know them at all. Only British Asians are saving the game here in UK otherwise whites and other minorities have no idea about it. Same is in SA and NZ as well. Cricket is dying 

And how does it matter. Everyone in asia knows who kohli and dhoni is. BTW wh9 is this Tom Brady .:hmmmm:

It's true that a huge number of people in England are completely ignorant about Cricket,  it's rules and the Cricketers but for some strange reason the matches of their National Team are always well attended.  For a Sport that's apparently dying in the country,  any  matches featuring the Home side have great crowd support. It's not Indians and Pakistani fans  filling up stadiums for matches between Australia and England.

Cricket in England is a niche sport and followed mostly by the Royals and Rich, to an average Joe football and rugby is more accessible, How many of us Indians can name 2 Polo Players, the game invented by Indians? though polo is widely played in some parts of India, and popularly followed by the niche and the so called "shaukeens". Cricket for the English is also a summer sport, they barely have a concept of Gully Cricket in their tradition, which is a integral part of upbringing to most kids in India, Pakistan, Srilanka etc. Cricket will continue to be a niche sport in UK for many years to come and Ashes cricket will continue to hold an upperhand over Worldcup. the idea is to not get sucked into how many others are following it in which country and enjoy it till you can being a true fanatic.

The thing is that most of the players in uni cricket teams are actually white but still they have no idea about any players, they just like to play it. I remember there was a white British guy on Twitter during T20 WC and after the final, he said that thank god no one takes this game seriously

6 hours ago, Sean Bradley said:

Cricket in England is a niche sport and followed mostly by the Royals and Rich, to an average Joe football and rugby is more accessible, How many of us Indians can name 2 Polo Players, the game invented by Indians? though polo is widely played in some parts of India, and popularly followed by the niche and the so called "shaukeens". Cricket for the English is also a summer sport, they barely have a concept of Gully Cricket in their tradition, which is a integral part of upbringing to most kids in India, Pakistan, Srilanka etc. Cricket will continue to be a niche sport in UK for many years to come and Ashes cricket will continue to hold an upperhand over Worldcup. the idea is to not get sucked into how many others are following it in which country and enjoy it till you can being a true fanatic.

Absolute shite. Never been to Yorkshire, Lancashire or Durham then I take it? Cricket in the North and the Midlands has strong working class roots. It's only in the South that only the rich are interested.

16 minutes ago, YCCC said:

Absolute shite. Never been to Yorkshire, Lancashire or Durham then I take it? Cricket in the North and the Midlands has strong working class roots. It's only in the South that only the rich are interested.

I am talking about the whites, primarily British whites, not the working class kiwi oz saf immigrants, how many working class whites follow cricket, or for that matter can even afford a decent club membership? 

6 hours ago, Franco Vazquez said:

The thing is that most of the players in uni cricket teams are actually white but still they have no idea about any players, they just like to play it. I remember there was a white British guy on Twitter during T20 WC and after the final, he said that thank god no one takes this game seriously

Where did you get this data from that university kids who plays cricket doesn't know anything about the current players? Personal opinion vs actual data to back up evidence is two different things. This is highly unlikely and very hard for me to believe. It's very rare that you fall in love with a sport and play it without actually learning about the game/watching it.

On 5/25/2019 at 9:31 AM, Lannister said:

England has always been weak in Cricket. It's not surprising to see there's a less demand for it.

If you ask the same question about Hockey to Indians, even though it's our national sport, majority of them will find it hard to name even a single player. I myself included. 

India in hockey hardly enter tournament as favourites , England on the other hand is probably best odi team in world.

8 hours ago, Singh bling said:

India in hockey hardly enter tournament as favourites , England on the other hand is probably best odi team in world.

I think this is the first time they are entering as favorites. But there's still a huge question over their ability to win one.