Favorite summer drinks, desserts

Gollum

3 hours ago, maniac said:

Sugarcane juice FTW.

These days they have these juice shops were that use these modern machines and make it a science. Add all these flavors. Tastes like crap. nothing like the sugar cane juice made from those old school rusty machines :love:

Those rusty old machines are really dirty and unhygienic with flies all around. Aap America me rah kar nostalgic ho rahe honge but I would suggest ki avoid karo next time you visit India. 

7 hours ago, Alam_dar said:

I would like to come to India and taste the Bhang (cannabis) Drink too (which is drunk at some religious ceremonies I think). 

Is it counted in the summer drink too? 

Bhaang is traditionally consumed during Holi season. I would refrain from it If I were you. Can really mess up with your mind. 

3 hours ago, Stradlater said:

Those rusty old machines are really dirty and unhygienic with flies all around. Aap America me rah kar nostalgic ho rahe honge but I would suggest ki avoid karo next time you visit India. 

True but so are paanipuris and all the other street food. My strategy when I visit India is to eat all junk food in the first week itself so that even if I get sick I have time to recover before I go back :aha:  

Dont want to have a stomach upset in a 20 hr flight back  :fear1:

Buransh Juice mixed with lemon juice and some salt, squeezed from flower of Buransh.  Buransh is the state tree and flower of Uttarakhand.  it tastes much better than roohafza. it has a lot of health benefits as well.  The other name is Rhododendron arboreum.

Rhododendron-arboreum-Tree-Rhododendron2.jpg

81cWt99BxdL._SY606_.jpg

20589936_783973915118917_3879049131276107776_n.jpg

Edited by rkt.india

Don't like Rooh Afza, is there any secret ingredient I am missing? I mix it with water and some ice, that's all. 

Another drink that helps me in summer is ice cold ginger juice+honey+jaggery+lemon+elaichi, early morning in empty stomach. Keeps me hydrated all day and tastes good. 

Edited by Gollum

Did any one mention good old Yoghurt Lassi above? 

It is criminal to not to mention Lassi as summer drink. 

Another drink which is very common, but has not been mentioned above, is Milk Shake (mango shake, banana shake etc.). 

48 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Don't like Rooh Afza, is there any secret ingredient I am missing? I mix it with water and some ice, that's all. 

Perhaps sugar is missing in your Rooh Afza. 

I don't like Rooh Afza now, but as kid I liked it. 

I think it is due to the reason that now I am more concerned about the health benefits/harms of the drinks/foods. I don't think Rooh Afza is good for health as all Sharbats like Rooh Afza have lot of chemical preservatives today. 

I don't feel myself hydrated after drinking Rooh Afza. 

Edited by Alam_dar

9 minutes ago, Alam_dar said:

Did any one mention good old Yoghurt Lassi above? 

It is criminal to not to mention Lassi as summer drink. 

In summer I prefer buttermilk over lassi, feel it has better cooling properties. 

Another drink which is very common, but has not been mentioned above, is Milk Shake (mango shake, banana shake etc.). 

Yeah forgot to mention, shakes are always nice esp mango. 

Perhaps sugar is missing in your Rooh Afza. 

I don't like Rooh Afza now, but as kid I liked it. 

I think it is due to the reason that now I am more concerned about the health benefits/harms of the drinks/foods. I don't think Rooh Afza is good for health as all Sharbats like Rooh Afza have lot of chemical preservatives today. 

I don't feel myself hydrated after drinking Rooh Afza. 

No it has suger but taste-wise I feel it is overrated. Or am I supposed to add extras like lime juice, basil seeds, honey etc?

Edited by Gollum

7 hours ago, G_B_ said:

hmm i have been sticking to cocktails like gin and tonic and an aperol spitz.

But will try out some of the things mentioned as these alcoholic cocktails are calorie central. 

even moscow mule is easy to make and really refreshing ..  vodka + lime + ginger  beer , ready in 2 mins