Concern about Pandya

Hardik Pandya these days just seems to stand in this weird cross stance and looks to whack everything and anything. Still in IPL mode. He is actually a better bat than that but probably being used in these situations where he decides just to go at the rate of knots from ball 1. Needs more awareness.

Much better bat than guys like Jadhav and Dhoni and maybe Shankar. 

However concerned that he is becoming a one dimensional hack 

I pinged him to not just rely on only pull shots on bouncers but also try to hit over the WK if the opportunity presents. Did that but unfortunately gloved it to keeper because of the tennis ball bounce (would have been wide if he had let it go) :((

1 minute ago, zen said:

I pinged him to not just rely on only pull shots on bouncers but also try to hit over the WK if the opportunity presents. Did that but unfortunately gloved it to keeper because of the tennis ball bounce (would have been wide if he had let it go) :((

So you do know him personally :ohmy: . That explains a lot :giggle:

Gotta bay a bit up the order and get to face around 15 -20 overs at least ,then we'll  see his other side of the game .I believe he is a better batsman than this ,its just that he cant do anything except for cross batted hacks with few deliveries left 

3 hours ago, maniac said:

There is no method to the hitting everything is cross stance and helicopter or hoick. As I said he is a much better batsman than that 

I think he goes deep because for bowlers to get him they have to get the Yorkers right. Only malinga and bumrah can do it and with his bat swing all other shots are boundary hits due to the bat speed. Eventually bowlers will figure it out but for now, with that stance he will have more success than failures .