Jadeja had the greatest SF performance in a WC

Dhoni heaped all the pressure on Jadeja from the beginning to the end. Jadeja played like a champ but was undone by his stubborn partner at the other end. It's a shame Dhoni didn't step up to ease the pressure on Jadeja even one bit. A couple of boundary hits from him would have eased the pressure. He was fixated on remaining not out till the end and left a lot of work to be done until too late. 

1 minute ago, goose said:

I like Dhoni’s ‘taking it deep’ strategy, I just think given what was at stake that should be the 49th over.

Come on that's too much, no one wins this way I mean absolutely no one. Give me one example in a big game where anyone has achieved this, let alone Dhongi?

56 minutes ago, R!TTER said:

The single biggest reason why we got within touching distance was Jadeja, not Dhongi. Losing by 100 runs or 10 really doesn't matter, however there was no intent from Dhongi to hit out until the last couple of overs & by then it was just a matter of time Jadeja would hole out!

Dhongi is the sole reason why Jadeja couldn’t finish it off. Had Dhongi played more aggressively during the last 5 overs, Jadeja could have gotten us home. That was the most disgusting, selfish , cringeworthy performance by Dhongi.

1 hour ago, goose said:

had he not been run out i.e. collected those 2 runs, the equation would have been 23 from 9 balls. would you have taken that an hour earlier?

We still wouldn't have won. Dhoni will struggle to get more than 12 in the final over. Hurts me to say it but it's the case. Dhoni should have been more aggressive in the last 10 balls we faced, we had nothing to lose. I don't blame him though. He should have batted at 5 and he did a commendable job. Who do I blame?

1)Kohli and shastri - wrong selections (no shami and i will also say jhadav) and batting order. Pant 4 Kartick 5 Pandya 6 is like tamasha league

2)Rohit 1 Rahul 1 Kohli 1 

5 minutes ago, Ranvir said:

Everyone knows that he's not a quick finisher. The time to send him out was at 24-4 to stabalise the innings. It was a bad managerial decision.

So you're saying this so called great who promoted himself in a WC final at home, over in form Yuvraj, couldn't have volunteered to come up? When was the last time he stood up, heck came ahead of noobs? Even in 2015 SF, when he was the skipper, he hid behind everyone! Let's face it blaming it on Kohli is easy, there are still way too many teary eyed fans of MS who don't want him to go out on a low - except he *ing deserves even worse!

1 hour ago, R!TTER said:

So you're saying this so called great who promoted himself in a WC final at home, over in form Yuvraj, couldn't have volunteered to come up? When was the last time he stood up, heck came ahead of noobs? Even in 2015 SF, when he was the skipper, he hid behind everyone! Let's face it blaming it on Kohli is easy, there are still way too many teary eyed fans of MS who don't want him to go out on a low - except he *ing deserves even worse!

I'm no Dhoni fan but at least he scored something yesterday. I'm sure the decision on batting positions is fully the decision of Kohli and Shastri in this world cup.

2 minutes ago, Ranvir said:

I'm no Dhoni fan but at least he scored something yesterday. I'm sure the decision on batting positions is fully the decision of Kohli and Shastri in this world cup.

WC-2011 could have exactly gone the same way. Lunans were on top and MSD took the call to promote himself.

Yesterday, Calls were made by two Chewtiyas

11 minutes ago, Ranvir said:

I'm no Dhoni fan but at least he scored something yesterday.

That always comes up somehow, as if an undying excuse! What about 2015 SF or the horror show in tests from 2011 to 2014? Dhoni's never responsible for anything, whether as a skipper or player, unless it's winning the WC final on his own. Just to be clear, Kohli+cheers leader are responsible however I don't buy this for a second that Dhoni was pushed back (against his wishes) for an inexperienced Pant or Pandya to face the newish ball :no:

Edited by R!TTER
7 minutes ago, R!TTER said:

That always comes up somehow, as if an undying excuse! What about 2015 SF or the horror show in tests from 2011 to 2014? Dhoni's never responsible for anything, whether as a skipper or player, unless it's winning the WC final on his own. Just to be clear, Kohli+cheers leader are responsible however I don't buy this for a second that Dhoni was pushed back (against his wishes) for an inexperienced Pant or Pandya to face the newish ball :no:

in 2015, We were not a side who deserve semis spot. In 2019, Thanks to Bhumrah and spin battery, we had a chance

8 minutes ago, R!TTER said:

In both cases Oldie gave up, if Jadeja hadn't scored what he did do you really expect India would've crossed 150 with the master plunger holding up one end?

His position is indefensible. Should have retired way back. But thats no defense to 90/6 in 30 overs. Top order lost the match yesterday. They should nad must get Lion share of blame.

10 minutes ago, mishra said:

Top order lost the match yesterday.

He is part of the top order, conveniently hides behind new players when the bowl is moving around or you have to score from the get go. Not so funnily enough, he comes up against weak sides - how great is that :hatsoff: