Shahbaz Nadeem added to India's squad as cover for Kuldeep Yadav, who is dealing with shoulder pain

I hope they rest Jaddu and play Nadeem instead.  But knowing Virat he's not going to bench Jaddu if he wants to play.  

Nadeem can't bat, but is a quality spinner and would likely have a good game against SA.  He has been quality for so many years in Ranji and 'A' tours.

18 minutes ago, sandeep said:

I hope they rest Jaddu and play Nadeem instead.  But knowing Virat he's not going to bench Jaddu if he wants to play.  

Nadeem can't bat, but is a quality spinner and would likely have a good game against SA.  He has been quality for so many years in Ranji and 'A' tours.

Indian FC is not exactly a benchmark but he has FC 100 and a few 50s :dontknow:

Feel sorry for this generation of spinners, just like our 2000s MO, the duo of Ash-Jaddu has more or less blocked an entire generation of test class spinners. Contrast this with the 2006-12 period where we had a hugely declined version of Bhajji, a lil bit of old Kumble (2 years that too plagued by injuries) and not much else...must have been so much easier for someone like Nadeem to make a test career in that period. Or even the 80s and 90s period, our cupboard was bare in the 80s and just Kumble in 90s when home pitches offered a lot for spinners. Last time domestic spinners had such a tough time to break through was during the era of quartet...even Padmakar Shivalkar and Rajinder Goel had to sit out :shock:

Edited by Gollum
2 hours ago, Gollum said:

Feel sorry for this generation of spinners, just like our 2000s MO, the duo of Ash-Jaddu has more or less blocked an entire generation of test class spinners. Contrast this with the 2006-12 period where we had a hugely declined version of Bhajji, a lil bit of old Kumble (2 years that too plagued by injuries) and not much else...must have been so much easier for someone like Nadeem to make a test career in that period. Or even the 80s and 90s period, our cupboard was bare in the 80s and just Kumble in 90s when home pitches offered a lot for spinners. Last time domestic spinners had such a tough time to break through was during the era of quartet...even Padmakar Shivalkar and Rajinder Goel had to sit out :shock:

Don't forget V Raju, he was Kumbles contemporary and a decent foil...as good if not better than Nadeem.

Edited by Cricwala

Kuldeep's slide since the Sydney test is very worrying..loss of form - atleast in LOIs only format he has played since, losing TM's confidence and now this 8njury even though he has hardly played...hope BCCI takes care of this young man and gives him counseling/mentoring. Come the next cycle of away tours and i can see jaddu/Ashwin again being rendered ineffective on flat/seaming pitches and TM looking for a wrist-spinner.

If the TM is willing to try out new players given that the series is won, they could bring in Nadeem for Jaddu, and Pant for Saha.

Nadeem for Jaddu weakens the batting, bringing in Pant strengthens batting a bit, and also gives him some more exposure to Home tests.

10 hours ago, putrevus said:

Kuldeep was always going to struggle after the initial phase.He is too slow thru the air batsmen once they start reading him or have an idea about his variations will handle him.Amit Mishra too had the same problem.

kuldeep is already working on....he was using his body a lot more in Wc while bowling. He is young he has enough time....mishra realised his problem to late n his fitness was never gr8 to use his body well, these days fitness is far better 

6 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

kuldeep is already working on....he was using his body a lot more in Wc while bowling. He is young he has enough time....mishra realised his problem to late n his fitness was never gr8 to use his body well, these days fitness is far better 

I hope he works on it,playing last IPL was the biggest curse for him. He lost his confidence also, I also want him to turn the ball more than worry about vairations.

Mishra never was big turner of the ball, I want these young spinners to learn to turn the ball more than worry about their variations.I have not seen any Indian spinner turn the ball big .The legspinners from subcontinent are so reliant on their wrongun than their stock delivery.

5 minutes ago, putrevus said:

I hope he works on it,playing last IPL was the biggest curse for him. He lost his confidence also, I also want him to turn the ball more than worry about vairations.

Mishra never was big turner of the ball, I want these young spinners to learn to turn the ball more than worry about their variations.I have not seen any Indian spinner turn the ball big .The legspinners from subcontinent are so reliant on their wrongun than their stock delivery.

mishra turned the ball enough but problem was he was slow in air giving batsman enough time to adjust overseas

Also mentally he was a lil fragile when gotten a beating....u attack him n he ll loose his head immediately 

8 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

mishra turned the ball enough but problem was he was slow in air giving batsman enough time to adjust overseas

Also mentally he was a lil fragile when gotten a beating....u attack him n he ll loose his head immediately 

What turn he got was not big at all, he was more reliant on his wrongun than legspinner.Once you do that you lose your ability to turn the ball.Warne never had even good googly, he relied more on his stock delivery and then his flipper.Mishra was short and stocky too .

3 minutes ago, putrevus said:

What turn he got was not big at all, he was more reliant on his wrongun than legspinner.Once you do that you lose your ability to turn the ball.Warne never had even good googly, he relied more on his stock delivery and then his flipper.Mishra was short and stocky too .

that was piyush chawla

mishra had good control over everything ........decent enough turn is enough to deceive. Problem was being slow in air n not being mentally strong 

37 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

that was piyush chawla

mishra had good control over everything ........decent enough turn is enough to deceive. Problem was being slow in air n not being mentally strong 

I don't think so, Amit Mishra was never great turner of the ball .I never said he did not have control.It is not just Mishra, even guys like Gupte, Qadir or Mustaq all were reliant more on their googly than their stock delivery.No subcontinent spinner other than Murali had that ability to turn the ball big.Siva still thinks he would have had a great career if he was given proper guidance but I don't thinlk he would have more than reached 100 test wickets even if he tried his hardest.Once people starting reading your googly you will fade away. I hope Kuldeep does learn to turn his stock delivery more than he is doing currently and increase his speed thru air.

Chawla did not have anything other than his wrongun.Thats why he was a horrible bowler.