my Indian team for T20 world cup

Vk1

we have an enviable top 3, absolute run machines..  a scorching middle lower order capable of hitting sixes at will from 4 - 7 , more than capable hitter in Deepak Chahar, end to end variations in Chahar and Bumrah, good death bowler in Bhuvi and a capable wicket taking wrist spinner and Hardik as a nice bowling option throughout.

Edited by Vk1
12 minutes ago, Vk1 said:

Rahul

Rohit

Kohli

Iyer

Suryakumar Yadav

Pant

Pandya

Deepak Chahar

Bhuvi

Y Chahal

Bumrah

Backup : Manish Pandey , Shivam Dube, Shami , D Karthik ( due to Pant's form issues ),  Ravindra Jadeja ( due to improved batting )

3.5 pace bowlers, just one spinner.  No part-time spin option?  Not going to work.  I would find a way to work Washington Sundar into the XI.

34 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

who is ur 6th bowling option in XI???

manish pandey ???

Shivam Dube / R Jadeja to replace SKY or Iyer as per pitch and conditions.. i guess 6th bowler is not needed much on those big Aussie grounds and if our top 6 play to their potential. Kohli or Iyer can roll their arm for one or two overs combined. 

30 minutes ago, sandeep said:

3.5 pace bowlers, just one spinner.  No part-time spin option?  Not going to work.  I would find a way to work Washington Sundar into the XI.

If we really need another bowling option, then we should drop any one out of Iyer / SKY.. 

8 minutes ago, Vk1 said:

Shivam Dube / R Jadeja to replace SKY or Iyer as per pitch and conditions.. i guess 6th bowler is not needed much on those big Aussie grounds and if our top 6 play to their potential. Kohli or Iyer can roll their arm for one or two overs combined. 

6th bowler is needed for 2 reason

1. injury
  2. anyone can have a bad day

Now ppl cant ignore injury issues-

• In Wc bhuvi got injured n shankar was there
  • In Wc semi pandya got injured n some how he completed his overs after that he was injured for long
  • 3rd test england ashwin got injured....thank god we had pandya
  • Pandya got injured in asia cup we had jadhav

6th bowling option is must

Kohli n iyer both dnt bowl regulalry so they lack control.....imagine if a russell comes in front of them. Atleast someone like root rolls his arm over then kohli n iyer

Edited by Ankit_sharma03

I want our team to do away with this age old formula of top 3 playing out 17 of the 20 overs, getting to sub par or just about par scores and putting the onus on Bumrah to do everything. 

I would instead want them to play the english brand of cricket.. go smacking the ball from first over.. have handy batsman till 9.. reach 195 for 9 instead of 185 for 3.. getting those extra 10 runs is everything in T20s... initially on bad days we can get out for 140 but then we will learn how to arrest the slide as we go along.. 

On 6th bowling option.. when you have 2 or 3 average bowlers, you need a 6th bowling option.. but we have 4 very capable bowlers in Bumrah/Bhuvi/ Chahal/Chahar.. hardik's 4 over quota, even if expensive should be fine.

1 minute ago, Vk1 said:

On 6th bowling option.. when you have 2 or 3 average bowlers, you need a 6th bowling option.. but we have 4 very capable bowlers in Bumrah/Bhuvi/ Chahal/Chahar.. hardik's 4 over quota, even if expensive should be fine.

its not just about 5th bowler being expensive u hve to be prep incase of onfield injury 

1 hour ago, sandeep said:

I like this option but for that we have to drop Rahul and make Pant open or drop Iyer/SKY to bring Sundar. 

31 minutes ago, Vk1 said:

I like this option but for that we have to drop Rahul and make Pant open or drop Iyer/SKY to bring Sundar. 

M very intersted in trying both dube n SKY but including them in world cup sides at this point is far ahead. 

Iyer has performed so he shudnt be under slash....he shud be fixed

Sky n dube let them earn a place, both krunal n sundar have done well so they are ahead as of now. SKy n sundar shud be given fair chances n they have to perform in those chances

1 hour ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

M very intersted in trying both dube n SKY but including them in world cup sides at this point is far ahead. 

Iyer has performed so he shudnt be under slash....he shud be fixed

Sky n dube let them earn a place, both krunal n sundar have done well so they are ahead as of now. SKy n sundar shud be given fair chances n they have to perform in those chances

I like Sundar and Krunal but they don't get many opportunities with the bat.. and with the ball they just finish their quota and aren't primarily wicket taking options.. I would rather have batsman in their place simply to get those extra runs 

7 hours ago, Vk1 said:

I like Sundar and Krunal but they don't get many opportunities with the bat.. and with the ball they just finish their quota and aren't primarily wicket taking options.. I would rather have batsman in their place simply to get those extra runs 

in 20 over game how much batting do u want....if they both arent getting opp means our batting has been enough infact hardik doesnt get opp himself much in t20

My playing XI for T20 WC 2020

Rishabh Pant (WK)

Rohit Sharma (C)

KL Rahul

Virat Kohli

Shreyas Iyer

Hardik Pandya

Washington Sunder

Bhuvaneshwar Kumar

Deepak Chahar

Yuzvendra Chahal

Jasprit Bumrah (VC)

Top 9 can bat , bottom 6 can bowl, well balanced team

Chahar & Sunder can bowl in powerplay

Bumrah & Bhuvi can bowl in death

Pandya & Chahal can bowl in middle overs

Pant / Rohit / KL to provide brisk start

Kohli / Iyer to bat as per situation

Pandya / Sunder to accelerate in the end

All bases covered !

Reserves :

Ravindra Jadeja (XII man / back up lower order bat / all-rounder / finger spinner)

Sanju Samson (back up keeper / opener / top order bat)

Kuldeep Yadav (back up wrist spinner)

Mohammed Shami ( back up fast bowler)

Let me know friends what do you all think about above team combination

Edited by shychipmunk
12 hours ago, rahulrulezz said:

I don’t understand how Chahal keeps playing over Kuldeep in all important games. Chahal has been consistently playing for RCB and yet always chocked every season. 2019 final worldcup, he screwed up too.

Kuldeep is way better than Chahal. 

Let kuldeep play in chinna, he will stop playing cricket. It's Chahal's strong mental aspect that he has done so well despite playing in chinna. See what happened to Kuldeep, started crying between the match. Kkr had to drop him. Kuldeep has a lot of time and has age on his side but needs to  improve and he knows where he has to improve.