Your favourite innings to watch

&

Purely based on the quality of strokeplay, this might just be the GOAT sub-50 knock in ODIs. I hope someone puts up his 44(43) on a greentop in the West Indies in 1997 on Youtube. This is what Dravid had to say about that knock.

"I saw so many great innings," said Dravid, who scored more than 13,000 Test runs in his career. "It was such a privilege to play with him and share so many innings.

"If I could pick one it would be an innings of 40 he made in a one-day match against West Indies in Trinidad and Tobago.

"It was a tough wicket, we lost the toss and the Windies had excellent fast bowlers in Ambrose, Courtney Walsh and Ian Bishop. The ball was moving all over the place, some were bouncing, taking off, and we were struggling.

"Sachin decided to take them on and he got 44 off 43 balls. He played all sorts of shots, he cut them, pulled them, hit over the top and this was against a formidable attack. In the end he got a poor decision but it was great to watch. It's an innings I always remember."

probably the 3rd greatest knock in an Ind-Pak Wc encounter after Sachin 2003 and Jadeja 96 however in terms of sheer bullying and dominance no.1 

Sachin was destructive against a quality bowling 

However Rohit's knock was sheer bullying like how that kid bullied those elementary kids scoring 1000 in an innings. How the hell did he miss yet another easy 200 :wall: 

For India, Sehwag has many iconic knocks in tests including in Pak, in SL, and  in Aus .... vs SA in Ind, vs Pak in Ind (his wkt at B’lore gave Pak the match iirc) .... In ODIs, in NZ on those green pitches 

1 hour ago, Gollum said:

Boring answer but still

Epoch-making innings.  Best ever. 

Given the 16-match win streak, the cloak of Ozzie invincibility, quality of the Ozzie attack, the follow-on, the mini-collapse in the 2nd innings, the hopelessness and inevitability of another Indian batting capitulation and all of that negative emotion - that innings erased it all forever.  It will remain the Test innings by which all other test innings are measured.   And they will all fall short.

/thread

Edited by Param Mastishk Pheeka
5 hours ago, Jimmy Cliff said:

&

Purely based on the quality of strokeplay, this might just be the GOAT sub-50 knock in ODIs. I hope someone puts up his 44(43) on a greentop in the West Indies in 1997 on Youtube. This is what Dravid had to say about that knock.

How good McGrath was!? He made Wankhede look like SCG with his bounce!

5 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

this innings- he balance was so good, played late 

You think this was fluke innings along with his Nottiingham 100 in 2002? Sehwag is the last person you expect to get runs against bounce and movement.